Speculation: Who will be the best players on waivers before the season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Why? Was he a Wheat King?
GettyImages-458050370.jpg

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Metro
Columbus

Gabriel Carlsson, LHD
Mikko Lehtonen, LHD

Pittsburgh

Dom Simon, LW
Louis Domnigue, G
Sam Lafferty, F
Evan Rodrigues, F

Islanders

Leo Komarov, F
Richard Panik, F
Kieffer Bellows, F

Michael Dal Colle, F
Ross Johnston, F
Thomas Hickey, LHD
Sebastian Aho, LHD

Flyers
German Rubtsov, F
Sam Morin, D

Nate Thompson, F
Derick Brassard, F

Rangers

Jared Tinordi, D
Anthony Bitetto, D

Washington -
Matt irwin, LHD

New Jersey -
Scott Wedgewood, G

Carolina - no one of interest

Montreal should pick Sebastian Aho from the Islanders if he hits the waiver, just for the troll.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Tyler Johnson will be waived by Chicago when they realize the mistake they made by trading for him to get rid of the Seabrook obligation. Johnson is barely a 4th line talent at this point and it will become apparent to Chicago by January. He’ll fall on his face playing up the lineup as Chicago tries to make him something he no longer is.

And He’ll go unclaimed again.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No way for Avs cut Jacob MacDonald. He’ll be their 7th D man and play well over 30 games this season to spell EJ and Murray.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
MDZ has been low key pretty decent for several years. I think he's a good pickup for Ottawa and will be a mainstay on the blueline.
He's nowhere near sbisa and Gudbranson level bad.
yeah, not sure where the disdain for MDZ comes from

was in STL a coupla yrs ago and I wish they had re-signed him. was pretty darn steady

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Jokes aside, I can't see them adding another young dman when they want to get Coghlan in the lineup more.

I don't know. Besides that one hat trick game (that we lost anyway lol) Coghlan had 3 assists in like 28 other games last season. For a guy who is supposed to be a puck mover it's not exciting stuff.

Clague has similar if very marginally better production on a worse team. The difference in LHD vs RHD isn't anything for us as we have Pietrangelo and Whitecloud for years, and Theodore plays both equally well and even Martinez can play over there. Korczak is probably on his way up after this season.

We've got Pietrangelo, Theodore, Martinez and Hague who chip in for offense and puck moving, Cormier may be ready as soon as next season.

I don't see Coghlan as a big piece. If McCrimmon has a good relationship and knows Clague well I don't doubt he would pick him up for free and ship out Coghlan. He traded Glass for Patrick straight up.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Tyler Johnson will be waived by Chicago when they realize the mistake they made by trading for him to get rid of the Seabrook obligation. Johnson is barely a 4th line talent at this point and it will become apparent to Chicago by January. He’ll fall on his face playing up the lineup as Chicago tries to make him something he no longer is.

I disagree with this. TJ is still a very effective player. the only downside to him is his contract vs his age, and even that's not a big deal for chicago

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Leafs will likely waive Adam Brooks, Joey Anderson, Michael Amadio, Kurtis Gabriel up front.
+ Brennan Menell on defence. Definitely some solid candidates from us.

I could see the Devils revisiting Anderson after trading Merkley, dealing Maltsev in the Graves trade, and losing Bastian to Seattle. We do need some more RHS as well.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
didn't they just re-sign Mete?

The issue with Mete is that there is 8 defensemen signed and only one can pass Waivers (Brannstrom) and Brannstrom is arguably the best player among the guys who are not projected to win a spot outright (Brannstrom, Mette, MDZ, Holden, and Josh Brown). Brown is the only righty in the group, a fighter, and he played juniors for our coach (so it is unlikely he ends up on wiavers)

That means Ottawa runs with 8 defensemen or Mete/Holden end up on waivers.

Personally I think they just roll with 8 defensemen, but we'll see.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
The issue with Mete is that there is 8 defensemen signed and only one can pass Waivers (Brannstrom) and Brannstrom is arguably the best player among the guys who are not projected to win a spot outright (Brannstrom, Mette, MDZ, Holden, and Josh Brown). Brown is the only righty in the group, a fighter, and he played juniors for our coach (so it is unlikely he ends up on wiavers)

That means Ottawa runs with 8 defensemen or Mete/Holden end up on waivers.

Personally I think they just roll with 8 defensemen, but we'll see.
thx for the response!

interesting.. I get it they like Mete, but, if you're already overloaded, why re-sign him? kinda .. odd

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

WOW !!!!..... a little harsh are we not, did he piss in your Cheerios........

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019

Did you watch the finals? Johnson played pretty good and he's no 4th liner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad