Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I assume you're in Russia? If so, if you have sources that contradict the report from his agent and all of the NA scouting regarding his knee, even if in Russian, please share them? Kind of proves our point about players in Russia though, doesn't it? We can't even get a definitive report on WHAT he injured. :laugh:
I've searched through the Russian medias and no injury information was given at all (which is a pretty usual thing in Russia actually, for example Kantserov just had a surgery and there are no reports about it at all). Also in what I've read from Milstein he also just told that no surgery is needed, nothing about the injury itself (and that's why I asked if there's some link to that, as maybe he told something else too and I just missed it). And in just 10 seconds of that vid I posted he moves his knee rather freely and puts at least some weight on it (not to mention that it was already two weeks ago).

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I mean for f***s sake, Celebrini literally had SHOULDER SURGERY just last year. Will people be this up and arms if the Hawks won the #1 pick and they don't take him?

"I don't know man. He had torn ligaments in his shoulder. Sure he was healthy the full year but what if he tears it again?" C'mon.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This kid is incredible, been watching some scouting reports and he can easily be better than Celebrini, this is an easy pick, they better not fuxk it up and try to be cute…

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
What about Demidov do you not like?
I think that he overuses his pure skill advantage (that he clearly has, that's why he is a top prospect), notable amount of plays that he makes just won't work at the higher level, also he isn't physical like at all, so even considering his size I'd say his game is a bit too soft for me. However the attacking package is indisputably there.
And....

Since we're discussing this guy at #2.

Who do you think scouts are sleeping on that could be a draft steal?
I liked Artamonov... also I'm not a huge fan of Shuravin, but he is really talented, won't be surprised at all to see him drafted in the first round, as he got the high-end tools.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I mean for f***s sake, Celebrini literally had SHOULDER SURGERY just last year. Will people be this up and arms if the Hawks won the #1 pick and they don't take him?

"I don't know man. He had torn ligaments in his shoulder. Sure he was healthy the full year but what if he tears it again?" C'mon.
No. Because everyone knows what he injured, saw his recovery, WATCHED HIM PLAY SINCE, and teams have open access to his medicals.

The Hawks can't miss with this pick. It would set the rebuild back a ton. The kid was injured TWICE in his draft season, with pretty significant injuries. You're insane not to have concerns about it.

P.S. I would not draft Catton or Lindstrom because of their injuries, either.

• Haha
Reactions: ColbyChaos

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think that he overuses his pure skill advantage (that he clearly has, that's why he is a top prospect), notable amount of plays that he makes just won't work at the higher level, also he isn't physical like at all, so even considering his size I'd say his game is a bit too soft for me. However the attacking package is indisputably there.

I liked Artamonov... also I'm not a huge fan of Shuravin, but he is really talented, won't be surprised at all to see him drafted in the first round, as he got the high-end tools.
I have the exact same concerns with his game. Glad it's not just me.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

I have the same issues with Demidov.

Fan of Artamonov too. Hope he's there for the Hawks at 20.

Reactions: Pez68

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
When you're picking top 3 you should be looking for guys with superstar potential. I dont want to pass on a guy who could be a future Hart or Norris candidate for somebody "safe". You can find depth later in the draft, especially when you are as bad as we are and have boatloads of future picks.

So give me Demidov or mayyyyybe Silayev

Reactions: Geoist

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
There isn't even a great comp for Demidov

Meanwhile the comps for Silayev and Iginla are literal hall of famers

• Haha
Reactions: Muffinalt

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Why is the PPG athletic freak defenseman All American Freshman now the “safe” “boring” option. Bro puts up the same points as Nazar in year 2 as a defenseman over 210 lb.

Just because Demidov is exciting and a wildcard doesn’t make Levshunov safe and boring.

Reactions: Pez68

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I don't agree that Demidov isn't physical. He doesn't throw big hits but he is an absolute rascal on the forecheck and works his butt off away from the puck in general. He constantly attacks the middle of the ice and is very good on the wall with the puck too. It's juniors but you can see it in his limited KHL time as well.

Every player with that amount of skill has junior highlights riddled with things that won't work against higher competition. Bedard's WHL highlights are full of him beating one guy and getting a clean shot off from the slot on the powerplay. That specific plan of attack doesn't work in the NHL but the tools that made it possible against juniors are still extremely valuable. Same goes for Demidov's ridiculous puck skill and hockey sense.

• Love

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
This kid has been considered one of the top prospects in this draft for a very long time and I've seen nothing to change that. People can dismiss his regular season stats, even I take them with a grain of salt, but in the playoffs against KHL and VHL players, he still dominated. His knee injury does need investigation but so does Lindstrom's back injury.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Skating Lev
Puck handling Demi
Size Lev
Production Equal
Position Importance Lev
Shot Lev
Passing Demi

Demidov has 1RW potential all star superstar potential.

Levshunov has 1D potential. All star superstar potential.

The narrative is like we’re picking between a Kane and a Vlasic. Levshunov is way more than getting credit for here. They are both incredible. The tie goes to positional importance.

• Haha
Reactions: ColbyChaos

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

A lot of the stuff he is doing in the MHL won't translate, I agree, but I think he'll be able to adjust his game because he is an incredibly smart player and incredibly smart players adjust.

Skating Lev
Puck handling Demi
Size Lev
Production Equal
Position Importance Lev
Shot Lev
Passing Demi

The narrative is like we’re picking between a Kane and a Vlasic. They are both incredible. The tie goes to positional importance.
I wouldn't say Levshunov has 1D potential.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
To think the Justin Fields Caleb Williams discourse ended not so long ago, just like then no need to overthink it

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Skating Lev
Puck handling Demi
Size Lev
Production Equal
Position Importance Lev
Shot Lev
Passing Demi

The narrative is like we’re picking between a Kane and a Vlasic. Levshunov is way more than getting credit for here. They are both incredible. The tie goes to positional importance.

You forgot hockey sense which is clearly advantage Demidov.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
He's easily worthy of the conversation for many reasons.

#1. Lots of nickname potential.

#2. We don't have a D like him, not close.

Watching his games then watching highlights is a refreshing thing. Point is, his highlight reel stuff is full of elite plays but he's not off the leash trying something crazy every shift like kids in juniors with fancy highlights. Most shifts he's downright conservative if not unremarkable. He chooses when to turn on the jets very wisely and when he does? Watch out, crazy dangerous. The guy looks like a legit forward against young adults when he gets the chance to cycle and make plays but he's also very respectable in his own zone already. And, he has a few power forward type moves too, once in a while he'll drive the net with one hand on the stick as the other guy gets a full Heisman Buium pulls a sweet finish.

Point is....His playmaking & offensive gifts don't come at the expense of being a wasteful player. While +/- is oft flawed, he led his team in the + column regardless. And, given his age against the NCAA he's already much stronger on the puck than you'd expect, or as one announcer put it "he does things you just don't see here from 18 year olds."

Dude could be a gamer?

I hate saying "could be" because at 2nd overall after a **** season you wish we'd have a 90% consensus lock down at that pick. But here we are.

If his game could translate to the NHL? You have a completely different type of threat on the back end, not a D with some scoring touch but a D that could on a dime completely burn a team offensively when he sees a seam. That changes a team's dynamic and tilts the ice.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I do not think Levshunov's brain is motvcatching upto hos tools...In $9.5's case the statement is 209% correct...$9.5 's brain will never catch up to his tools..but the point t is wexare stuck with $9.5 as ourx1st pairing RD force more seasons. YOU do not draft any RD at #2 that high who willbe stuck as only a 2RD for 6 more seasons.. you just cannot be so stupid to do that.

If you want to argue that Vlasic should only be a 2nd pairing LD and that KK can never beca first pairing LF then maybe you make a case of drafting Dickinson or Silayevif you think their ceiling is 1st oairk g LD..

But though Hawks need a 3nd pairing RD of superior competence that Murphy,you can get that layer in this draft or hope Ronzel can be that ..but yhebpibtbis $9.5 is decacto 1RD for 7 more sti king yeats@

Nothing changes that fact...so no do not take what you think is a 2st pairing g RD who has zero chance to ever play that role till 7 srssobs from now...it makes no sense!
They would just play Jones less if Levshunov was better fifty. Overpaying Seth Jones to be your 2nd RHD is a much better problem to have than overpaying him to be your 1st RHD.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Do you have an opinion on Mitchkov? A lot of people online last year said he was the most purely talented player in the draft behind Bedard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad