Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

From 99-23 I’ve counted 10 or so superstars drafted at #2. It’s not a guarantee to get a home run of a player. Really just depends on the draft and how lucky your options are.

If Lev tops out at a #4D that would be disappointing but anything higher than that, especially Seabrook-level I think we’d be very fortunate
Yeah I get the idea I’m just saying that you hope your team can come away with something better than Seabrook at 2. It might not happen, but you can hope for more.

It would be a fine outcome. But you’re really hoping for something more. Like Doughty or Makar level. Obviously that is not a guarantee in the slightest.

To me it’s less about quality of player and more ensuring that you take the best player you can at that spot. If you pick at 2 and pick the 8th best player in the draft, you’ve failed.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
STARK_3_jonsnow_battle_of_the_bastards.gif
Listening to Chris Peters… can I just say I’m owed apologies on this board lol. I compared Levshunov to Dahlin a month ago and got absolutely murdered. Peters compares them in this podcast. No one bats an eye.

All the Demidov folks punching air right now.

The HFHawks brain trust put out their Bogosian offensive, the lemmings jumped and look where we are now….

Heroes don’t always wear capes.
So stunning, so brave.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Yeah I get the idea I’m just saying that you hope your team can come away with something better than Seabrook at 2. It might not happen, but you can hope for more.

It would be a fine outcome. But you’re really hoping for something more. Like Doughty or Makar level. Obviously that is not a guarantee in the slightest.

To me it’s less about quality of player and more ensuring that you take the best player you can at that spot. If you pick at 2 and pick the 8th best player in the draft, you’ve failed.
And what if there is no Makar or Doughty in this draft? Then by big braining that shit, you could be hurting your own team. It’s complaining to complain at this point.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Serviceable players aren't hard to get.

Second overall picks are hard to get.
Makars and Doughtys are harder to get than 2nd overalls.

They’re usually at the top of the draft. That means Lev has a better shot at becoming that than almost any other Dman in this draft.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I was looking at some Yakemchuk highlights.....this guy is right there with the rest of them if you ask me......physical, big shot, good hands, reasonably mobile....really like his game.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The question was, would you be happy with Seabrook at number two or not? in which I said you would hope for something more. Obviously not every draft has players that good.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Makars and Doughtys are harder to get than 2nd overalls.

They’re usually at the top of the draft. That means Lev has a better shot at becoming that than almost any other Dman in this draft.

Dahlin, Makar, Heiskanen, Hughes, Bouchard, Fox, Dobson with honorable mention of pedigree in the younger ones like Power, L Hughes, Nemec...

This entire group there's one thing that sticks out for me...they were all dynamic young players.

Lev is a more traditional type of big D at this point. Huge stride, easy to push guys around, nice wrister, gets around the ice effortlessly.

Thing is though...he's big in the NCAA, but at 6 1 3/4 he's barely above average in the NHL.

Reactions: Muffinalt

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
1/4" is about the length of the "esc" text on your keyboard for reference. Realistically that's nothing. Levshunov's physicality/toughness will be determined by him, not by his extra quarter of an inch

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
He's 6'2. Can we stop with the whole quarter of an inch off thing? It's worse than people saying Bedard is 5'9.75 so "he's 5'9".

If you watch the guy play in the NCAA his size is absolutely a big part of his game right now and no one ever said that about Bedard....so hell no that's a terrible analogy.

And, the NCAA is 1-2 inches shorter on average than the NHL, there are 10 teams in the NHL where 6'2" is the team's average height.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If you watch the guy play in the NCAA his size is absolutely a big part of his game right now and no one ever said that about Bedard....so hell no that's a terrible analogy.

And, the NCAA is 1-2 inches shorter on average than the NHL, there are 10 teams in the NHL where 6'2" is the team's average height.
But size isn't a guarantee of toughness or physicality. It's not like Connor Murphy or Seth Jones are terrors out there with the 6'4" frame

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
But size isn't a guarantee of toughness or physicality. It's not like Connor Murphy or Seth Jones are terrors out there with the 6'4" frame

And he currently uses his size/stature a lot. That's my point, his size allows him to push a lot of guys around in the NCAA. His leverage is a big advantage. While Murphy and Jones don't play like, say, Seabrook... They also don't have an issue pinning most any forward in the league against the wall when needed.

Unless Lev grows his other skills, he's going to need to be a physical force for his game to succeed.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
They also don't have an issue pinning most any forward in the league against the wall when needed.

Unless Lev grows his other skills, he's going to need to be a physical force for his game to succeed.
That’s an interesting point. We’ll just have to see

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
get way more Seabrook vibes from Rinzel tbh...Lev seems more like a Ekblad/Seth type...someone should put Lev and Seth side by side because it feels so similar the way they move around on the ice and handle the puck

Reactions: HawksDub89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad