Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

May 19, 2014

Chris Peters really likes Levshunov.
I think a lot of people are underselling him here (on this board) but I’m not a professional scout

And also lol at an hour long video f*** I must be doing something wrong that I don’t have time for that

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think you need Dmen with some nasty in them, especially in the playoffs.
Forwards too.

You need players that have that dog in them.

I couldn't care less about a guy that scores 80 points in the regular season and then disappears in the playoffs.

If I had to rank the dog in the projected top 10 players of this year's draft, it'd probably look something like this:

1. Tij Iginla
2. Carter Yakemchuk
3. Macklin Celebrini
4. Anton Silayev
5. Cayden Lindstrom
6. Artyom Levshunov
7. Ivan Demidov
8. Zeev Buium
9. Zayne Parekh
10. Sam Dickinson

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
Forwards too.

I couldn't care less about a guy that scores 80 points in the regular season and then disappears in the playoffs.

If I had to rank the dog in the projected top 10 players of this year's draft, it'd probably look something like this:

1. Tij Iginla
2. Carter Yakemchuk
3. Macklin Celebrini
4. Anton Silayev
5. Cayden Lindstrom
6. Artyom Levshunov
7. Ivan Demidov
8. Zeev Buium
9. Zayne Parekh
10. Sam Dickinson
I think I would switch Lev and Dickinson. Lev seems like a nice kid but I don't see much dog in him, definitely not any rat.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Forwards too.

1. Tij Iginla
2. Carter Yakemchuk
3. Macklin Celebrini
4. Anton Silayev
5. Cayden Lindstrom
6. Artyom Levshunov
7. Ivan Demidov
8. Zeev Buium
9. Zayne Parekh
10. Sam Dickinson
There are p***ycats that have more dog in them than Parekh

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Good lord. I like Tij alot but let's not act like he got that bite like his dad (if anything his youngest son plays more like him, similar to Brady Tkachuk playing more like Keith than Matthew does).

And Levshunov definitely has that dog in him (Nazar himself found that out a few times although Frank walked him a couple of times too) he's just not consistent enough with it. When someone does something dirty to him though, I've seen him go back at a guy like Keith did as retaliation.. ok maybe not Keith like cuz Keith went back at em dirty. :laugh:

Last edited:

Sacha BOXviert

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
My draft currently would hope to run like this (without trading)

2) Demidov/Buium
18) Jiricek/Chernyshov/Hage (Needs to be a higher upside player, probably with some risk)
34) I think Tarin Smith starts to be a choice here. Miettinen is also good and I think has some more growth available. I like Basha too.. he's an IQ and effort guy. Love those.
50)Artamonov should still be here and I would take him.

Vlasic was easy to see why he was picked that high. The skating and size were ++. Just thought he was going to be too soft to ever get anything done and the puck skills in college were just meh. Sort of continued and then the light flip switched last year and then this year he blew up. Seemed like a mentality change more than anything. Especially when you hear Vlasic talk about it.

I have a Forsling jersey I watched his games for Linkoping on SHL.se. Always loved the player. Q loved him too, its not a coincidence that he ended up in Florida.
Miettinen is the player profile that the Hawks pool needs the most, and Artamonov the least.
I'd be happy with a draft like that.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
As part of the bolded, when you say "improvement" do you me the on-ice product next year? Because no one the Hawks are drafting should be included in that. (Demidov - under contract 1 more year in Russia, and none of the other 2024 draft players are ready IMO.) I do agree the Hawks need to get CB more immediate help, but that's outside this draft.

Oh I’m not expecting anybody from the draft this year to be able to provide the help the Hawks need immediately, no matter who they pick.

I just meant that they should be looking to improve over the overall product they’ve put on the ice these past two seasons. Staying mired in the basement of the league year after year wears on the fans. The only reason I watched any games last season was to watch 98. When he went down I didn’t watch one game because I knew the team would be unwatchable.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
STARK_3_jonsnow_battle_of_the_bastards.gif
Listening to Chris Peters… can I just say I’m owed apologies on this board lol. I compared Levshunov to Dahlin a month ago and got absolutely murdered. Peters compares them in this podcast. No one bats an eye.

All the Demidov folks punching air right now.

The HFHawks brain trust put out their Bogosian offensive, the lemmings jumped and look where we are now….

Heroes don’t always wear capes.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Listening to Chris Peters… can I just say I’m owed apologies on this board lol. I compared Levshunov to Dahlin a month ago and got absolutely murdered. Peters compares them in this podcast. No one bats an eye.

The HFHawks brain trust put out their Bogosian offensive, the lemmings jumped and look where we are now….

You think HF is bad? The discourse around Levshunov/Demidov on Twitter is even more bizarre.

The Demidov truthers are something else..,

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think mostly the problem is the boxes people put players in in their minds. Levshunov became “safe, boring, no upside, don’t draft for need”.

Demidov was the “top end skill”.

Meanwhile Levshunov has a better freshman year than Quinn Hughes, Owen power, Charlie McAvoy…. Literally EVERYONE but Buium. Which became its own talking point.

Back in November on this board I said… what are we doing here. The hockey gods blessed this draft with the antidote. A big two way PPQB RHD. It’s exactly what the doctor ordered. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

It’s still not a good comparison at all

Sacha BOXviert

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022

I'm saving this post and will return here on June 28.

Sacha BOXviert

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
Levshunov will never have Demidov's potential. If we don't understand that this debate is over.

Another thing is what is best for our team, there I can understand the choice of Levshunov and his fit into our organization.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Levshunov will never have Demidov's potential. If we don't understand that this debate is over.

Another thing is what is best for our team, there I can understand the choice of Levshunov and his fit into our organization.
Quinn Hughes wasn’t as good as Levshunov. Full stop. He’s winning the Norris this year.

It’s been a two player draft all season. Just not the second one everyone thought.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
It’s still not a good comparison at all
Take it up with Peters.

I really regret my moment of weakness with the Levshunov age jokes and the concession that we probably take Demidov amid the months of onslaught I endured. Lord forgive me for that moment of weakness. I have seen the light and seek to bring others into its warm glow.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Quinn Hughes wasn’t as good as Levshunov. Full stop. He’s winning the Norris this year.

It’s been a two player draft all season. Just not the second one everyone thought.
False.

Quinn Hughes is still one of the best prospects I've ever watched.

I had him top 3 in his draft.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
False.

Quinn Hughes is still one of the best prospects I've ever watched.

I had him top 3 in his draft.
It’s fine to have a different opinion. Dahlin, Hughes, Nemec, Sanderson, Power, McAvoy. He’s in that tier somewhere. Dahlin is a reach to compare prospect to prospect. He was considered like the McDavid of defensemen— the reality is he’s come back to that pack.

I’m being a bit unfair because I’m comparing Levshunov to the others as a D-1 and comparing him to Dahlin as an actual player.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
would be just fine. Not amazing, not bad. Seabrook at 5-10 sounds a lot better than him at 2.

I'd be fine with it, but I'd expect a bit more from a #2OA.

From 99-23 I’ve counted 10 or so superstars drafted at #2. It’s not a guarantee to get a home run of a player. Really just depends on the draft and how lucky your options are.

If Lev tops out at a #4D that would be disappointing but anything higher than that, especially Seabrook-level I think we’d be very fortunate

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Same guy that says Buium = Shayne Gostisbehere.

Hyperbole drives clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad