majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Clear order for me.
1. Evanson
2. McL
3. Woody

Mr Woody coached a SCF team to 3-9-1 start, and wasn't able to pull them through that form. Can't even put it on players being too comfy and used to his voice since it only took 1,5 seasons for it to happen. Would be a really strange hire.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Clear order for me.
1. Evanson
2. McL
3. Woody

Mr Woody coached a SCF team to 3-9-1 start, and wasn't able to pull them through that form. Can't even put it on players being too comfy and used to his voice since it only took 1,5 seasons for it to happen. Would be a really strange hire.

It's also just little head coaching experience in general, which doesn't fit what Wads has talked about wanting.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The more this drags out the more I start leaning to it being Evason or Woodcroft rather than McLellan

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
The more this drags out the more I start leaning to it being Evason or Woodcroft rather than McLellan
When I saw the mentions of salary for McLellan, it seemed pretty damn expensive for a team still paying what, 3 coaches? I wouldn’t be surprised if that alone pushes them to Evason or Woodcroft. If it’s Evason I’d be very happy. If it’s Woodcroft solely because of salary considerations for the others I’d be very disappointed.

Reactions: Indy18 and CBJx614

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
When I saw the mentions of salary for McLellan, it seemed pretty damn expensive for a team still paying what, 3 coaches? I wouldn’t be surprised if that alone pushes them to Evason or Woodcroft. If it’s Evason I’d be very happy. If it’s Woodcroft solely because of salary considerations for the others I’d be very disappointed.
We are only paying 1 coach

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm happy to hear that Evason is still in the running.

Here's a colorful profile on him from the Athletic.

Some great stories in there. The car story. Fighting Dale Hunter three times in a period? This guy is incredibly intense. Intense but also treats people well, very admired in Minnesota.
Cool Read. Thanks.

I vaguely remember him as a player. Speedy is the one characteristic that comes to mind.

One concern would be his playoff records as a head coach. A first round exit is standard for his teams.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
We don't know what the settlements was with Babcock.
Probably a small payment , and they agreed to split ways ..especially once the players union got involved with the allegations . I’ve heard nothing to the effect that he’s still getting paid . Basically 1 yr left of Vincent .. I can’t imagine the price will be the issue with Macellan.. Waddell im sure got assurances it wouldn’t be business like usual , and the front office would spend to get the right coach

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Probably a small payment , and they agreed to split ways ..especially once the players union got involved with the allegations . I’ve heard nothing to the effect that he’s still getting paid . Basically 1 yr left of Vincent .. I can’t imagine the price will be the issue with Macellan.. Waddell im sure got assurances it wouldn’t be business like usual , and the front office would spend to get the right coach

I would guess Babcock got more than a small settlement, it was likely a large chunk of his contract, probably well into the millions of dollars.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I would guess Babcock got more than a small settlement, it was likely a large chunk of his contract, probably well into the millions of dollars.

Once it started to blow up in their faces, they paid him to go away. They didn’t let it play out which might have led to a lower pay out. On local radio the other day they came right out and said that Babcock was the end for Jarmo even though he wasn’t fired at the time. The McConnell family was very unhappy about the way everything happened with Babcock.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Once it started to blow up in their faces, they paid him to go away. They didn’t let it play out which might have led to a lower pay out. On local radio the other day they came right out and said that Babcock was the end for Jarmo even though he wasn’t fired at the time. The McConnell family was very unhappy about the way everything happened with Babcock.
Babcock ended up resigning , this was after the players association started laying out there case, and the league would have cause to intervene. He was on the job 2 months . The blue jackets probably paid a couple to a few hundred thousand in good will to make the situation go away quickly . If you remember Boone and Johnny were getting drug thru the mud for their quick defense, and dismissal of wrong doing, while the younger players or younger player had a different experience … In Hindsight , what Porty has reported regarding the state of that locker room this past season may provide some context . If you remember, he reported Boone was to be the voice in the room, other veterans couldn’t speak with fear of getting in trouble… the locker room had the make up of a 5th grade classroom…

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I’m of the belief that since Babcock willingly resigned, an agreement between him and the team, he was given a one time payment to go away. It wasn’t a termination/relieving of duties where he gets paid throughout the tenure of the contract like Larsen was. It was a one time payment, probably a substantial one at that.

But yeah, I’m of the belief that just Vincent is on payroll for former coaches right now.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Still no coach huh? Lol
I mean it isn't the time to rush. The pre-season is sill 2 months away and the Jackets are the only team without a coach, so they are bidding against themselves. After the Babcock debacle, it is more important than normal to get this right. As long as it is done by the end of July, there will be plenty of time for the coach to get ready for the preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad