Who is the 2nd best Penguin of all time: Crosby or Jagr?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the 2nd best Penguin of all time: Crosby or Jagr?

• Crosby

Votes: 179 83.3%
  • Jagr

Votes: 31 14.4%
  • Flip a coin

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Cant' decide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Looking at era adjusted points, Jagr has 3 seasons in the top 50 all time. Crosby’s best three seasons are 59th, 85th, and 95th. I think a lot of people are underrating how much better Jagr was offensively than Crosby.

Agreed. Crosby might be a better overall player but to me Jagr was a step up offensively.. and Jagr’s ability and puck possession at ES made him one of the most effective players ever.. traditional defence or not.

Easy to better offensively when the entire team is set up so that you score.

How many years did Jagr have the title of best player in the NHL? 3?

Sid was in that conversation for 8-9.

How many seasons did Crosby share with prime Lemieux? C’mon what a weak argument.

Reactions: PenguinSuitedUp

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Call me when Jagr was viewed as the 2nd best player in any of those years.

Seriously? He was the best or second best in at least a half dozen seasons.

You know, leading the league in points 5 times - for real, not on pace - and being second to Lemieux another time so.. then he was runner up again for the Hart, and should have won with the Rangers..

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Seriously? He was the best or second best in at least a half dozen seasons.

You know, leading the league in points 5 times - for real, not on pace - and being second to Lemieux another time so.. then he was runner up again for the Hart, and should have won with the Rangers..

I'll give you 94-95. But, most people had Lindros above him IMO that year.

Outside of that, I don't think there was a single year when Jagr was playing with Lemieux that he was viewed as the 2nd best player in the world.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I'll give you 94-95. But, most people had Lindros above him IMO that year.

Outside of that, I don't think there was a single year when Jagr was playing with Lemieux that he was viewed as the 2nd best player in the world.

Lol

Reactions: WalterLundy

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
No, it's meaningless and misleading.

Crosby's 13/14 season "adjusts" to 116 points, Paul Kariya's 101 point 98/99 season, 26 points behind Jagr, "adjusts" to 115 points. So put Crosby in 98/99 and he gets 102 points.

Sound reasonable??

Based on the % each player was ahead of the #10/25/50 scorer, Crosby's 13/14 season was about 8% behind Jagr's 98/99 season. This puts him around 117 points.

That is reasonable.
This is like saying $1 today is worth the same as $1 10 years ago.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
The value of a single point fluctuates based on the difficulty of scoring a goal from year to year. It’s not no reason.

And using league GPG to measure this difficulty has been shown to be useless for a number of reasons. How far one separates themselves from their direct peers is the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad