Who is more dominant in their sport: Ohtani, McDavid or Mahomes?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is more dominant in their sport?

• Total voters

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
First point kind of defeats your whole argument here. Goff? He’s second and only by 9%. Domination I guess? Over a mediocre QB, maybe slightly above average?

Yes, Goff. And a “mediocre QB” as you call him is 2nd in the NFL in passing yards during that time frame, but 8th in YPG, which is why I included the entire list. No other QB is in 1st or 2nd in 3 or more categories. Mahomes is 1st in 5 of the 6.

Who is a less “mediocre” QB to you? Perhaps Jared Allen, whom another poster mentioned (not as a comparison)? He has played 1 fewer game than Mahomes over this time frame, and would only need 5,438 yards in that game to pass Mahomes. I guess he “only” beats Allen by 19%. What a hack.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Yes, Goff. And a “mediocre QB” as you call him is 2nd in the NFL in passing yards during that time frame, but 8th in YPG, which is why I included the entire list. No other QB is in 1st or 2nd in 3 or more categories. Mahomes is 1st in 5 of the 6.

Who is a less “mediocre” QB to you? Perhaps Jared Allen, whom another poster mentioned (not as a comparison)? He has played 1 fewer game than Mahomes over this time frame, and would only need 5,438 yards in that game to pass Mahomes. I guess he “only” beats Allen by 19%. What a hack.

To defend Allen a bit, there stats are fairly close since 2020. Allen was a developing QB on a poor team in 2018 and 2019, so lumping those years in aren’t going to be representative of the comparison of these players the last four years and now. Allen is also a dual threat QB, so factoring in his rushing yards and TDs shows they are absolutely in the same tier statistically. But Allen is also going to go down as a hall of fame generational player, so he’s going to be impressive in his own right statistically

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
To defend Allen a bit, there stats are fairly close since 2020. Allen was a developing QB on a poor team in 2018 and 2019, so lumping those years in aren’t going to be representative of the comparison of these players the last four years and now. Allen is also a dual threat QB, so factoring in his rushing yards and TDs shows they are absolutely in the same tier statistically. But Allen is also going to go down as a hall of fame generational player, so he’s going to be impressive in his own right statistically

Certainly didn’t use the comparison to denigrate Allen, who as you said is a great player on his own. More to show that Mahomes has actually been dominant in a way much closer to McDavid than Ohtani.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Certainly didn’t use the comparison to denigrate Allen, who as you said is a great player on his own. More to show that Mahomes has actually been dominant in a way much closer to McDavid than Ohtani.

I’m an Allen fanboy so I had to say it. I’m not disagreeing with your point at all :)

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If your supporting cast isn't up to par, it doesn't matter how great you are, you're not going anywhere. McD has trash for netminding and a blueline that is ignored by ownership.

AI damn near single-handedly carried a team and took a game from the Lakers, but because he didn't win it all he's not as good as some others?

See my point?

As for Ohtani, not going to lie he's legit, but if we're sticking to MLB/NHL stats and hardware, McD has done more and is younger.

Crow

May 19, 2014

Never called anyone a hack.

Im really not into calling people hacks or plugs or bums or anything like that. Not even minor leaguers. Goff to me is a middle to slightly above average starting QB in the NFL to me. Like 12th best or something. That’s an amazing accomplishment and I wouldn’t take anything away from him. But to be 9% better than that seems not quite like domination to me.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
If your supporting cast isn't up to par, it doesn't matter how great you are, you're not going anywhere. McD has trash for netminding and a blueline that is ignored by ownership.
The Oilers have had league average or above save percentage for five straight years now. Only one other team had more points by defensemen than the Oilers last season, their top blueliner finished fourth in scoring. Pretending like these are particular weaknesses is tiresome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad