OT: Who has the best chicken wings in town?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
It's a good tenderizer. Also allows the chicken to get a little more sticky imo

Lot's of Korean recipes will Coke in their prep
As a korean, believe it or not we use Pepsi or Dr.pepper And it makes a huge difference.

Coke uses caramel, which has butter in it. Which clashes in a nasty way with sesame oil. I think Chinese use Coke. Goes well with cinnamon, anise, and all the other spices they use.
This is the recipe that made Eddie Hwang famous.

Tbh I soak most meats in Pepsi for a couple hours to get the blood out and tenderize it. But a brine is also nice for chicken for added tanginess.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bobbythebrain

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
As a korean, believe it or not we use Pepsi or Dr.pepper And it makes a huge difference.

Coke uses caramel, which has butter in it. Which clashes in a nasty way with sesame oil. I think Chinese use Coke. Goes well with cinnamon, anise, and all the other spices they use.
This is the recipe that made Eddie Hwang famous.

Tbh I soak most meats in Pepsi for a couple hours to get the blood out and tenderize it. But a brine is also nice for chicken for added tanginess.
Coke has zero fat content. No it doesn't have butter in it. heh

Coke does interact badly with any Oil. really its as bad as putting water and oil together.

Never heard of Eddie Hwang. ;)

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Coke has zero fat content. No it doesn't have butter in it. heh

Coke does interact badly with any Oil. really its as bad as putting water and oil together.

Never heard of Eddie Hwang. ;)
He's awesome.

His book is amazing. His show on Vice was amazing. His restaurant is amazing.

His new documentary about the fall of Vice is apparently amazing (at Toronto Film Fest).

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad