Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
45-50 points is 2nd line production.

47 points in 74 games in 2010-2011 = 52 pro-rated to 82 games
41 points in 74 games in 2011-2012 = 45 pro-rated to 82 games
29 points in 47 games in 2012-2013 = 51 pro-rated to 82 games

I would say he has been doing it for more than 20 games...

we can agree to disagree, he's not been a 2c level center imo in his career, he'd be real valuable as a 3c but not at no.4 M

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
We don't have top end talent either..

They need young, cheap top end talent. It's well past time that this organization either drafts their own top end talent or acquires it via trade. Stocking up on top end talent that is on the wrong side of 30, injury prone, and has a cap hit of over $7 million is not the ideal way to build a team.

Punxrocknyc19*

Oilers traded Mike Brown to Sharks... i wont be shocked if an Oilers Rangers made a small deal.. Asham to Oilers for a prospect??

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
we can agree to disagree, he's not been a 2c level center imo in his career, he'd be real valuable as a 3c but not at no.4 M

2012-2013 - Tied for 88th in scoring among forwards.
2011-2012 - Tied for 133rd in scoring among forwards.
2010-2011 - Tied for 102nd in scoring among forwards.

Considering the top-90 are considered top-line forwards, the next 90 (90-180) are second line forwards, he is easily in that 2nd group and just entering what should be his prime.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Brassards very short sample size for the Rangers does not make him better than what he's been his whole career, an underperforming 3c, and his QO is 3.7 next season, do we really want our 3c making almost 4M? Dont even get me startes on Dorsett, he helps our PK.get alot of practice though. Moore was the best part of that deal by far but still not enough for your best goal scorer

The Rangers got exactly what they need with that trade. Young depth that would push them into the playoffs. It happens that all three have unproven upside to their games as well. Your view of what Dorsett brings is just plain narrow-minded. Brassard was excellent for us last year and his QO doesn't mean he's guaranteed to make $4M on his next contract.

The fact of the matter is that when he was traded, Gaborik was not our best goal scorer. Pretty simple.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It should also be noted that Brassard has 4 points in 7 games on a team that has looked beyond horrible and can't score goals. That's 3rd on the team

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
how about Hemsky, Petry for Pyatt, Zuccarello, Del Zotto.

are DZ and Petry somewhat even ? If they are NYR could use a RD and Hemsky could play top 6 even though I doubt he would help much. Atleast it moves Pyatt and Zucc off the books. Opens a spot for a kid full time too

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

are DZ and Petry somewhat even ? If they are NYR could use a RD and Hemsky could play top 6 even though I doubt he would help much. Atleast it moves Pyatt and Zucc off the books. Opens a spot for a kid full time too

Why? If they move MDZ they need a forward back and it needs to be a young forward at similar age to MDZ. If they can trade Pyatt or Zuccarello get late picks or young players. Hemsky would be a bad idea.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

So you've dealt a 23 year old top-4 defender for a guy who you doubt "would help much" because "at least it moves Pyatt and Zucc" and opens up a spot for a kid to take a spot, when we don't have any kids ready to take spots? Come on man. :facepalm:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So you've dealt a 23 year old top-4 defender for a guy who you doubt "would help much" because "at least it moves Pyatt and Zucc" and opens up a spot for a kid to take a spot, when we don't have any kids ready to take spots? Come on man. :facepalm:

actually I'm asking if Petry is worth Del Zotto. Apparently not

Hemsky for Zuccarello and Pyatt would be worth a shot cause the others haven't done a freaking thing anyway. Atleast it clears a roster spot and MAYBE Hemsky just needs a scenary change. as a UFA I would take a risk on him if EDM takes crap

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach

How about no....If you think Dz and petry are even which I don't agree with then why would the oilers do that lateral move and then trade a top 6 winger for two guys that can't even hold a spot in a bottom 9, just to take them off our hands?.... Did that work in nhl 14?

We need to be DONE trading youth and depth for impending ufa's or veterans that can theoretically help, it's not working we had to trade for the depth we lost in the nash trade back which worked out well, no need to take a step back now.

Punxrocknyc19*

When they could have had him for free a week ago? Why would they now be willing to give up an asset for him?

a lot of times a player goes on waivers and clears to be traded later.. maybe cap reasons, and tries to have a roster swap or two for 1 type deal..

maybe something like Eager and Tyler Pitlick for Asham and Pyatt??

megamatt

Oct 19, 2013
Why? If they move MDZ they need a forward back and it needs to be a young forward at similar age to MDZ. If they can trade Pyatt or Zuccarello get late picks or young players. Hemsky would be a bad idea.
I would never do that trade if I was Sather. Del Zotto still has room to grow, and his ceiling is much higher than Petry's. Hemsky is too inconsistent, and doesn't offer anything besides scoring, which he can't do often enough. Sather can either accommodate to Vigneault and recreate Vancouver's roster with similar players, or make a deal or two to change the lineup from the current 1.5 scoring lines and two 4th lines, to 3 scoring lines and 1 4th line. They need an identity, and their two 4th lines (when I say that I mean their current 3rd and 4th lines) is part of the problem. Missing half of their top 6 is currently their biggest problem.

adam94

BU Terriers
Nov 16, 2011
Long Island
1, Keep Stepan and McDonagh off limits (perhaps John Moore too)
2. Operate with the intent to resign Hank in the off season
3. Keep Kreider and Miller on this team. We need the youth and the energy. Perhaps give Kristo a shot as well in the near future.
4. Trade MDZ for a young forward while he still has a bit of value.
5. Trade Girardi and package him with dead weight like Pyatt for prospects/picks.

We don't need a complete rebuild. Who knows what's going on with the "system" but I think we're only a couple moves away (similar to SJ) from being a very competitive team, both this year and in the future.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers couldn't afford both Gaborik and Richards in a $64.3M cap. They got McDonagh in the Gomez deal. If Moore can develop into a top 4 D,it doesn't matter what Brassard and Dorsett do. Move them for other pieces if you aren't satisfied with their play. Higgins was moved in the Flame deal with Kotalik for Prust and Joker. Prust was a big part of the team for two years before left for free agnecy. Gaborik will be 32 at the end of his current deal. It would be nice if Miller can eventually be the 2nd center behind Stepan. Give them some size in the middle.

megamatt

Oct 19, 2013
It would be easier to bring up and integrate Kristo, Kreider, and even Fast into the top 6 if the Rangers had a center that draws a lot of attention from the opposition. Guys like Nick Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Pavel Datsyuk are notorious for this. Kinda like how teams would watch Rick Nash closely, it opens things up for Stepan when they're on the same line. They're another 1st liner away I think, maybe that will be Kristo or Kreider someday, or Buchnevich but he's a longshot.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
would he even want to come back? I know Torts is gone, but Rangers basically kicked him to the curb for Torts whom they fired anyway

Yeah he wasn't treated very nice here in the end, who knows if it's any bad blood between him and Sather &co. Maybe he's even glad with Rangers for traded him to someone who "believes in him".

Still think he resigns with Blue Jackets though, they got a good thing going on there and he's a big part of it.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Because he would be playing behind Nash and Callahan and the guy can't stay healthy. Not the same thing at all...

Nash can play LW I believe thats what he was when he was drafted. And the players ahead of him on the depth chart right now are also injured with Nash nobody knows when he will return. Moving from RW to LW isn't as big of an adjustment as moving from wing to center or center to wing.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Nash can play LW I believe thats what he was when he was drafted. And the players ahead of him on the depth chart right now are also injured with Nash nobody knows when he will return. Moving from RW to LW isn't as big of an adjustment as moving from wing to center or center to wing.

They moved Gaborik instead of playing Nash at LW. Do you think they did that just because they didn't like Gaborik?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad