Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardsequalscup*

Utimately, they can't afford Girardi at the end of this season. He's going to get a 6 million contract offer from some team. It really makes no sense to keep him. I think a team would be willing to give up a considerable forward for him if his agent communicated that he would sign long term with the team if they acquired him.

I think the Rangers would want a can't miss, forward prospect for him that is NHL now who could join the roster.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
All of the salary dumps like Liles and Tootoo are available. They were available in the summer. Those guys aren't helping the Rangers. The Leafs should have bought Liles out in August after arbitration. Now they will be forced to eat 50% of the contract for the next 2 seasons including this one to move Liles.

The Rangers need to think long-term. They have some pieces to move. I wouldn't be against them moving any of their D except McDonagh and Moore. The Leafs got JVR for Schenn. DZ is a group II. Girardi and Stralman are group IIIs. Staal can be a group III after 14-15. McD has a 6 year deal. The Rangers can sign Moore to an affordable two year bridge contract.

The Sharks did a reset during last season. They went away from big and heavy by moving Clowe and Murray. They went to faster is better with Torres. They added Tyler Kennedy from Pittsburgh in the summer. Hertl made their team. So did Matt Nieto. I remember him from BU when they played Kreider and BC. He made the jump from college to the NHL. Nobody really knows who he is. No pressure on him to be the savior. They moved Burns from D to the RW. He played both in junior. Larry Robinson has done a great job with their young D like Irwin,Bruan and Demers. That guy is a great coach. They looked like **** for most of last season but they changed their philosophy. They moved their rentals and still made the playoffs. They traded the 3rd from the Clowe trade for Torres and re-signed Torres. They swept AV's Canucks and gave LA all they could handle in a 7 game series. The Rangers led by Sather sit on their hands and do nothing. Sather points fingers at everyone but himself. The Shark team is the best team to watch on TV when they were tough to watch last season.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
All of the salary dumps like Liles and Tootoo are available. They were available in the summer. Those guys aren't helping the Rangers. The Leafs should have bought Liles out in August after arbitration. Now they will be forced to eat 50% of the contract for the next 2 seasons including this one to move Liles.

The Rangers need to think long-term. They have some pieces to move. I wouldn't be against them moving any of their D except McDonagh and Moore. The Leafs got JVR for Schenn. DZ is a group II. Girardi and Stralman are group IIIs. Staal can be a group III after 14-15. McD has a 6 year deal. The Rangers can sign Moore to an affordable two year bridge contract.

The Sharks did a reset during last season. They went away from big and heavy by moving Clowe and Murray. They went to faster is better with Torres. They added Tyler Kennedy from Pittsburgh in the summer. Hertl made their team. So did Matt Nieto. I remember him from BU when they played Kreider and BC. He made the jump from college to the NHL. Nobody really knows who he is. No pressure on him to be the savior. They moved Burns from D to the RW. He played both in junior. Larry Robinson has done a great job with their young D like Irwin,Bruan and Demers. That guy is a great coach. They looked like **** for most of last season but they changed their philosophy. They moved their rentals and still made the playoffs. They traded the 3rd from the Clowe trade for Torres and re-signed Torres. They swept AV's Canucks and gave LA all they could handle in a 7 game series. The Rangers led by Sather sit on their hands and do nothing. Sather points fingers at everyone but himself. The Shark team is the best team to watch on TV when they were tough to watch last season.

What he said..
SJ is a model right now fast big and tough to move .. Might be early but they will be in final 4 in the end

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think it's unfair to say Vanek is past his prime. He's actually right in the middle of it. He was stellar last year, and it's pretty obvious that the ****** situation in Buffalo is getting to him. That being said, I wouldn't trade for him. It's widely speculated that he's going to go back to Minnesota in the summer to be with his BFF, so what's the point?

As it's been said, this team needs to think long-term. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how you do that when most of your roster is a question mark beyond the end of the season. My fear is that this team is going to ride out most of the year with all of these guys unsigned, then make a desperate push at the deadline to try and make the playoffs, even if they're 10 points out. Then the off-season will be a total **** show.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I think it's unfair to say Vanek is past his prime. He's actually right in the middle of it. He was stellar last year, and it's pretty obvious that the ****** situation in Buffalo is getting to him. That being said, I wouldn't trade for him. It's widely speculated that he's going to go back to Minnesota in the summer to be with his BFF, so what's the point?

As it's been said, this team needs to think long-term. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how you do that when most of your roster is a question mark beyond the end of the season. My fear is that this team is going to ride out most of the year with all of these guys unsigned, then make a desperate push at the deadline to try and make the playoffs, even if they're 10 points out. Then the off-season will be a total **** show.

So business as usual?

No need to trade for Vanek, as you said its basically an extended rental and the cost would be high. Better off just losing with what we've got.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

I'm sure if we traded for Vanek we would want to know he's on board long term before we did it.. Then again.. Rangers mgmt...

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm sure if we traded for Vanek we would want to know he's on board long term before we did it.. Then again.. Rangers mgmt...

I wouldn't be surprised if they traded for him hoping he would re-sign.

The Rangers need to be selling. Edmonton just got a 4th for Mike Brown. Mike ****ing Brown.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
trade proposal

Bolts get Dan Girardi and Taylor Pyatt
Rangers get Brett Connolly, Nikita Kucherov and 2ed 2014

reason.. Rangers get something for an UFA to be... Bolts get defense, something they need.. Rangers get a forward with size and can be a 2ed liner, and a solid russian goal scoring prospect...

thoughts??

Ask yourself this question:

If you were a Tampa fan, would you want that deal?

You would think it was a Pejorative Slured deal from their end.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I still do that deal everyday and twice on Sunday. Brassard, Moore and Dorsett for Gaborik who wouldn't re-sign here anyways? Good deal. They need to make more deals like that.

No doubt Gaborik needed to be moved, and we needed the depth. ..

No totally sold on the players we got back. Maybe there weren't too many trading partners, but I would have rather a different mix than these guys...

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I still do that deal everyday and twice on Sunday. Brassard, Moore and Dorsett for Gaborik who wouldn't re-sign here anyways? Good deal. They need to make more deals like that.

Agreed. That deal was fine. Brassard and Moore have been great additions, and Dorsett, when he's not taking stupid penalties, has been a solid boost for the 4th line.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Gaborik didnt HAVE to be moved. He clashed with Torts because he was all over the place (LW, 3rd line, 4th line, bench, etc) because he was struggling coming off off season surgery in a lock out shortened season.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
a 3c, 4th liner, and a defensemen... great deal.

For a player who is hurt every other year and making 7.5 million/season. Brassard is a top-6 forward.

That "defenseman" is a 22 year old puck mover who has a very high ceiling.

No doubt Gaborik needed to be moved, and we needed the depth. ..

No totally sold on the players we got back. Maybe there weren't too many trading partners, but I would have rather a different mix than these guys...

I like the mix they got. I don't like the players around them.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Agreed. That deal was fine. Brassard and Moore have been great additions, and Dorsett, when he's not taking stupid penalties, has been a solid boost for the 4th line.

Brassards very short sample size for the Rangers does not make him better than what he's been his whole career, an underperforming 3c, and his QO is 3.7 next season, do we really want our 3c making almost 4M? Dont even get me startes on Dorsett, he helps our PK.get alot of practice though. Moore was the best part of that deal by far but still not enough for your best goal scorer

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Gaborik didnt HAVE to be moved. He clashed with Torts because he was all over the place (LW, 3rd line, 4th line, bench, etc) because he was struggling coming off off season surgery in a lock out shortened season.

Right, please formulate a line-up that would have fit under the cap with Gaborik + the other players signed this year.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
For a player who is hurt every other year and making 7.5 million/season. Brassard is a top-6 forward.

That "defenseman" is a 22 year old puck mover who has a very high ceiling.

I like the mix they got. I don't like the players around them.

no, Brassard is only a top 6 forward by default because hes on our team, his career numbers say hes nothing more than a 3rd liner, until he proves otherwise over more than 20 games

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Brassards very short sample size for the Rangers does not make him better than what he's been his whole career, an underperforming 3c, and his QO is 3.7 next season, do we really want our 3c making almost 4M? Dont even get me startes on Dorsett, he helps our PK.get alot of practice though. Moore was the best part of that deal by far but still not enough for your best goal scorer

Brassard is a top-6 forward. Sorry to burst your bubble. They will most likely want to sign him longer than a 1 year deal so the QO will mean nothing.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Brassard is a top-6 forward. Sorry to burst your bubble. They will most likely want to sign him longer than a 1 year deal so the QO will mean nothing.
really? can he show that for more than 20 games first? I like Brassard put he's a career 3c so far, 20 games dont change that

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Gaborik had to be moved for cap and depth purposes. The organization probably wouldn't have been able to re-sign him anyway so it was a wise move to get assets for him while they can.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
no, Brassard is only a top 6 forward by default because hes on our team, his career numbers say hes nothing more than a 3rd liner, until he proves otherwise over more than 20 games

45-50 points is 2nd line production.

47 points in 74 games in 2010-2011 = 52 pro-rated to 82 games
41 points in 74 games in 2011-2012 = 45 pro-rated to 82 games
29 points in 47 games in 2012-2013 = 51 pro-rated to 82 games

I would say he has been doing it for more than 20 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad