Who else has very little interest in the Four Nations tournament?

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
It's on the same level as the All Star Game to me, completely meaningless exhibition hockey that interrupts the season. The only country-vs-country tournaments that mean anything are the Olympics or the World Juniors.
The argument is that maybe the players care about it more than us

I'm not really buying it when there's only 4 teams and its in the middle of the season where they all have to go back to the season Healthy to live up to their 10 million $ contracts in the playoffs coming up. Maybe if they keep holding this tournament it will gain weight eventually. Its certainly no olympics

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Maybe it'll be a useful precursor to the Olympics going forward? If they keep doing this tournament and add Russia + a Rest of World team then I could see it having a lot of value a half decade or so from now.

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
My interest level will reflect the interest of the players, and due to the lack of true best on best tournament in the last decade, I believe they will be very motivated.

It will take some time to build, I actually forgot this was going to happen. But in the end Sweden vs Finland and Canada vs US in a true best on best is something to care about. It will be used to settle hockey arguments for some time.

Btw. If Russia participated at this time Sweden or Finland would never join them, and if they did I'd never watch another second of the swedish national team in my life.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
No Russia, don't care.

Canada's jerseys also stink somehow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad