Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Larry is writing these articles like he has no idea what's going on. He contradict himself with every paragraph.

Give me Knoblauch or Leach. Both are Hakstol disciples which is an interesting wrinkle. Capuano(and Blashill) being mentioned a few times seems more like an associate Head Coach role with one of the younger rookie HC candidates.

It was the ultimate filler piece. He pulled the captain obvious and mentioned that 3 of the remaining coaches are recycles and then basically wrote about the pros and cons of each.

The one thing about a few of the guys who have been available w/o jobs - You'd think that if the Rangers were really interested, they would have interview them already (it appears that the Jackets already have.)

Now the org is pretty quiet about these things but they tend to leak. Assuming that they haven't, you can pretty much bet that they're going with someone who is currently with another organization (or Knoblauch.)

The lone exception here may be Babcock since they'd be gathering intel, but I'm pretty certain they will end up steering away from that.

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Nobody knows what's going on. We're all spit balling here. I guess when the playoffs end, interviewing will start. Then, we will have more stuff to pig out on. Until then? All quiet on the front.

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
Let's start a questionnaire for Drury to use to help him in his interviews.

1. How much PP time should Trouba get?
2. Did you know you get 1 timeout per game?
3. If you have an offensive zone face-off after a TV time out, which line do you put out?

Feel free to add.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Isn't it a funny coincidence, how the Panthers win the Presidents Trophy under Brunette, and then when he goes to NJ they immediately improve to a home-ice advantage team?

They are making a BIG mistake if they re-sign Ruff and let go of Brunette. A mistake I would be more than happy to take advantage as the Rangers FO.

These are the mistakes that need to be capitalized on. Brunette getting over looked twice by 2 different teams bc the front offices think its the head coaches. This should be our gain.

For me its easy to say lets poach either Leach or Brunette. Both are being overlooked for head coaching positions by their own front offices and giving them either of them a chance to coach this team and an original 6 franchise has to be VERY enticing

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Let's start a questionnaire for Drury to use to help him in his interviews.

1. How much PP time should Trouba get?
2. Did you know you get 1 timeout per game?
3. If you have an offensive zone face-off after a TV time out, which line do you put out?

Feel free to add.

4. Will you be integrating the youth with the vets on lines?
5. Will you cater to panarin?
6. Will you try to build a shutdown line and ACTUALLY use them as such?
7. As a head coach do you see it being imperative to teach the kids and allow them to make mistakes in order to learn and become better players?

Continue to add…

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
4. Will you be integrating the youth with the vets on lines?
5. Will you cater to panarin?
6. Will you try to build a shutdown line and ACTUALLY use them as such?
7. As a head coach do you see it being imperative to teach the kids and allow them to make mistakes in order to learn and become better players?

Continue to add…
8. Do you have nice handwriting?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
this paragraph from the Brooks article yesterday

Drury needs to go with his gut here. He needs a coach who has the technical ability to help this veteran team take the next step in the playoffs when matching and strategic adjustments become paramount while treating the players in the same empowering and professional manner that marked Gallant’s tenure. Our understanding is that players were asking for help during exit interviews.

This is an indictment on Drury. He hired Gallant. These people have more Information than the general public.

I was watching a YouTube interview with Eric Francis from a few days ago. He mentioned Gallant as a possibility in Calgary.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Welp, as I thought the Knoblauch puff pieces are coming. I would support that hire, cause if we don't, someone else is going to hire him and with our luck he wins the Cup.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Mike Babcock. Some people/not everyone in the Rangers organization want to pursue Babcock. Teams call him to gauge his interest. Elliotte doesn’t think Babcock believes NY is the right situation for him.

Peter Laviolette is in a good position with the Rangers and Columbus apparently interested in him.

The Rangers didn't allow Ryan Martin to speak with the Penguins about their GM job. Make Martin the GM and Drury becomes president of hockey operations. Martin can't be worse than Drury.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Good Vince article on Knoblauch. Best part was him realizing the system the NHL team was running wasn’t working and changing to a high pressure offense in Hartford that saved their season. Adjustments!
Sounds like Ted Lasso.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Good Vince article on Knoblauch. Best part was him realizing the system the NHL team was running wasn’t working and changing to a high pressure offense in Hartford that saved their season. Adjustments!

That's an in-season adjustment. What about in-game adjustments? :sarcasm:

Reactions: duhmetreE

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Reactions: 100Eyes

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If it's not Sutter, I want a modern day, young coach that can adapt and has better understanding of the modern game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad