Who are your top 10 defenseman next season?

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
And then you wake up
If you watched the Oilers play last season I'm not sure what part of what I said is unrealistic

He finished top 5 in Norris voting last year and outperformed Hughes and Heiskanen to get to the finals in the playoffs.

He's a terrific player who is going to get better and he has a solid and consistent partner in Ekholm

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Your coaching staff is dumb.

Maybe. But this situation might happen theoretically... BTW, weren't Suter and Weber reagularly paired together in Nashville??? Both had a claim to top10 spot in their prime.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Maybe. But this situation might happen theoretically... BTW, weren't Suter and Weber reagularly paired together in Nashville??? Both had a claim to top10 spot in their prime.
Wings had the #1 and #2 Norris D in '02. But we're smart enough to split them on separate pairings apart from the PK.

If you're that good. Carry your own pairing.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Wings had the #1 and #2 Norris D in '02. But we're smart enough to split them on separate pairings apart from the PK.

If you're that good. Carry your own pairing.

But there are/were examples of two best defenseman on the team playing together... Besides, weren't even Lidstrom and Chelios playing together occasionally? Everything depends on context.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
But there are/were examples of two best defenseman on the team playing together... Plus weren't even Lidstrom and Chelios playing together occasionally?
No. They amusingly were pretty bad together. Mostly because both are defensively minded so they both wanted to do the same thing. They only did the PK together.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
If you watched the Oilers play last season I'm not sure what part of what I said is unrealistic

He finished top 5 in Norris voting last year and outperformed Hughes and Heiskanen to get to the finals in the playoffs.

He's a terrific player who is going to get better and he has a solid and consistent partner in Ekholm
He still has not learned how to play like an NHLer in his own zone. He's absolute real trash and realistically needs to go back to the AHL to in learn how to play his position.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Its his first and only year so far where he's been this good so I think its fine to think Bouchard isn't a sure thing compared to a lot of other defenseman who've shown their stuff for years.

I mean I'm sure Makar has always been at the top of these lists every year but even he has up and down years.
Well, this is actually a fair argument.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
He still has not learned how to play like an NHLer in his own zone. He's absolute real trash and realistically needs to go back to the AHL to in learn how to play his position.
seeing your post history and opinion in every Bouchard conversation, im convinced he stole your girl on a night out in Vancouver or something

cry more

snag

Feb 22, 2014

ROFL.

There are worse defensemen out there we never talk about in such ways that put up far less offensive numbers.

I really look forward to your 180 on Desharnais. (And ftr....I really likes Desharnais)

Last edited:

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Honestly this is my top 10 with a little bit of swaps.

1. Makar
2 - Hughes
3 - Josi
4 - Fox
5 - Dahlin
6 - Heiskanen
7 - McAvoy
8 - Slavin
9 - Morrissey
10 - Bouchard

HM - Karlsson, Hedman, Sergachev, Dobson, and Seider
About damn time the 2023 Norris winner made a list! HM? Not good enough.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Ah, Mr laugher, shooting is your metric? Or it doesn’t matter, just include Hughes? (Who should be, just weird your response to my question)
Dude fix your grammar please. I think you are trying to ask why obly care about shooting with hughes?
Because last year at 5on5 Canucks shot over 12% with hughes on the ice . 4th highest in league and that's not happening again. Hope my reasonable response doesn't upset you too much

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
You're the one who thinks bouchard is an echler right? So glad to have your input here

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Dude fix your grammar please. I think you are trying to ask why obly care about shooting with hughes?
Because last year at 5on5 Canucks shot over 12% with hughes on the ice . 4th highest in league and that's not happening again. Hope my reasonable response doesn't upset you too much
Always funny when someone on a forum offers grammatical or spelling advice, especially when they don’t edit their own post.

You laughed at my post that had a question, it’s not hard to figure out the post you quoted what I was asking. You even answered it.

Reactions: nashnaidoo
Feb 5, 2016
Who has the time to watch all of these players enough to rank them? Do you not follow any teams in particular and watch a little bit of every club?

Almost no one lol. Most people just read a lot of hockey articles and regurgitate the takes they like. That mixed in with a healthy dose of homerism.
I watch and read as much hockey as possible doesn’t matter what team or league, it’s easy to stream any game from around the world plus I don’t sleep much so I spent night watching games overseas or replays from earlier games, hockey is basically the only thing I watch.

Reactions: Chet Manley

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
NOT IN ORDER WITHIN TIER
(and probably not 10)

Tier 1:
Fox
Makar
Hughes

Tier 2:
McAvoy
Josi