Speculation: Which teams would realistically be able and willing to sign Draisaitl if he didn't sign in Edmonton?

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Current odds if he gets to Free Agency.

( curious if these are just purely made up by current cap situation. )

IMG_2270.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: ManByng and D1az

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Leon is buddies with Pasta. Trained/skated a lot together in their early days in the league.

Chicago has Bedard so I think the top 2 make sense/are a good bet if it were to ever happen.
I see Boston, Chicago I think is a gamble on what he wants.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Rumor has it that the Kings will pursue Draisaitl hard and make him a priority should he reach free agency which is odd considering the bad blood between the two teams but Kopitar and him are said to be very close friends .

We also have the LA lifestyle to lure him here and will have 20+ million in cap space next season with only Gavrikov of notable UFAs so we cqn throw money at him too

Maybe he replaces Kopi as the teams numero uno !
Could be read it just fine without the bold thanks, now it’s hard on the eyes, so stopped reading.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That depends on whether he's willing to start playing like a man and cut out the floating, diving, and cheap shots. Hard to justify spending top dollar for a locker room cancer.
No-one takes what you post seriously, ever.
Go read your own history , it’s embarrassing. You don’t provide anything of substance, it’s all literally hatred, whining, criticism.
It’s all player X is an idiot, etc.
Try having an opinion instead of hatred in every post. Just once try it.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Could be read it just fine without the bold thanks, now it’s hard on the eyes, so stopped reading.
Didnt mean to make it bold and didnt even know it was bolded til you just mentioned it .

I had copy and pasted it after writing it in my notes because everytime i try to reply to a thread on hf lately so many ads pop up i have to scroll back down over and over so i wrote it in notes and copy n pasted not sure if thats why it became bolded

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If the oilers sign him and #97 along with Bouchard while having Nurse that would likely eat up close to 50 million in cap. For how many years have people mocked the leafs for 40 million on the core four? This would essentially be the same assuming the cap gets to 100 million.
No team has won a cup with even two 10 million dollar contracts and having four players eating half your cap is worse.

If the oilers don't win a cup this year it will only get harder and that would be what 6 years of playoffs with this core?
Then again they brought in a GM who loves spending cap space so maybe it happens?

Personally I think you take Drai away from #97 and his point totals drop, a lot. I mean the pp alone he's constantly left open because teams double up #97.

Then you have the possible package you could potentially get a 1D and a lesser 2c + etc.

I get they made the finals but they were also 1 loss away from bowing out in the 2nd round and have had 5 attempts with these two and every year the excuse has been depth or goaltending. If they run back with those four taking up more than half the cap and a very shallow prospect pool, how are things any different?

The Oilers got very close to winning it all. I don't think Draisaitl signs elsewhere when he is on a team literally one win away from the cup. It seems more likely he signs here and for a lot of money, maximum term.

McDavid follows the next year. At least that seems to be the most likely scenario.

A lot of people on here say they think Drai is a product of McDavid. He isn't. I mean, the guy won league MVP in a season where McDavid was seriously hurt. He also won the Art Ross and Ted Lindsay that year. That should tell you everything you need to know. I guess nothing will convince some fans of opposing teams he is as good as advertised. *shrug*

What actually matters, of course, is what other GMs think he is worth.

Moving Nurse's contract should be the focus of any GM here, not Draisiatl's.

The Oiler's don't need a 1D. They have Ekholm and Bouchard on the top pairing.
They need a better 3-4 pairing. Broberg looks poised to take a step forward this year. He looked good in the playoffs. Played middle pair on his off side. The key is moving Ceci for someone better.

Then you run Kulack with whomever on the bottom pairing. Josh Brown probably.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Leafs. Tavares and Marner off the books. Leafs need a 2nd top6 C. Drai has a cottage in Muskoka where he lives in the summer. Guessing his Fiance will want to stay in the GTA.

Knies Draisaitl Nylander
Domi Matthews Cowan
If Draisaitl leaves, it will be for a team that's ready to win.

The Leafs have shown absolutely nothing that suggests they are ready to win.

I understand you're saying that strictly because you're a Leafs fan though

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Rumor has it that the Kings will pursue Draisaitl hard and make him a priority should he reach free agency which is odd considering the bad blood between the two teams but Kopitar and him are said to be very close friends .

We also have the LA lifestyle to lure him here and will have 20+ million in cap space next season with only Gavrikov of notable UFAs so we cqn throw money at him too

Maybe he replaces Kopi as the teams numero uno !
I personally feel like LA would be draisaitls choice if he hits UFA.

To me and in my opinion something about him screams Southern California.

I honestly wouldn’t fault him or hate him if he signs in LA.

Reactions: frontsfan67

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I wrote earlier in this thread that Bob Stauffer said this was going to happen, and that if he says something about the Oilers going to do something, you can bank on it. Some posters laughed. Not sure why. Bob Stauffer is basically a spokesperson for the Oilers.

If they want something leaked, they give it to him.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
He's re-signing with Edmonton and apparently taking a bit of a discount. What that number is, who knows. Was on the radio this morning.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
No-one takes what you post seriously, ever.
Go read your own history , it’s embarrassing. You don’t provide anything of substance, it’s all literally hatred, whining, criticism.
It’s all player X is an idiot, etc.
Try having an opinion instead of hatred in every post. Just once try it.
I wish I knew who you were speaking to here, but I obviously agree as I have them on block, ha ha.

Reactions: zar

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Bouchard is miles ahead of Marner in value. AINEC.
Uh huh....slow down the hype train bud. He's largely power play points and is probably inflated quite a bit by two other guys...he's probably compares well with Rielly who you seem to have forgot about. Our 4th best player who has a similar cap hit. He's a nice player.

Reactions: Devonator

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Uh huh....slow down the hype train bud. He's largely power play points and is probably inflated quite a bit by two other guys...he's probably compares well with Rielly who you seem to have forgot about. Our 4th best player who has a similar cap hit. He's a nice player.
Doesn’t really compare, Bouchard has a bomb, Reilly has a muffin for a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad