NHL.TV / Center Ice / ESPN+ Discussion - Part IV [See the warning in OP]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Center ice has been outstanding. I was saddened when the nhl handed the tv rights to espn. Thier business model is the modern monopoly style of buy all the content and continue to degrade the broadcast quality by hiring broadcast talent like thier lead play by play (the hairless guy) who looks like hes never seen sunlight and has certainly never played a sport in his life. And by using broadcast equipment souced from jr college cinema classes.
Cancel your espn + a nd replace it with nhl center ice- you'll never go back.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
response from S'NET -- my renewal date is in 4 days --cancelled for now until I see at least 50 off

Sandra C (Sportsnet+)

3 Sept 2024, 13:11 GMT-4

Hi xxx

Thanks for contacting Sportsnet+.

Kindly know that subscription rates are subject to change from time to time.

We would like to inform you that the current Price of Premium Annual subscription plan is $249.99 + Taxes.

For existing subscribers, if the subscription was initially purchased at a discounted rate, then it may not necessarily remain the same, as there are various factors that may affect the subscription price.

Special offers and discounts are released during promotional campaigns by our marketing team and any information regarding these are sent out via automated mailers to the eligible subscribers.

We would request to check our Sportsnet+ website and your email for any updates.

For any further assistance or questions regarding Sportsnet+, simply reply to this email.

Thanks,
Sandra C

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
response from S'NET -- my renewal date is in 4 days --cancelled for now until I see at least 50 off

Sandra C (Sportsnet+)

3 Sept 2024, 13:11 GMT-4

Hi xxx

Thanks for contacting Sportsnet+.

Kindly know that subscription rates are subject to change from time to time.

We would like to inform you that the current Price of Premium Annual subscription plan is $249.99 + Taxes.

For existing subscribers, if the subscription was initially purchased at a discounted rate, then it may not necessarily remain the same, as there are various factors that may affect the subscription price.

Special offers and discounts are released during promotional campaigns by our marketing team and any information regarding these are sent out via automated mailers to the eligible subscribers.

We would request to check our Sportsnet+ website and your email for any updates.

For any further assistance or questions regarding Sportsnet+, simply reply to this email.

Thanks,
Sandra C
That’s pricey but if I want to watch hockey online I’m not sure what choice I have . Not too many other options .

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
That’s pricey but if I want to watch hockey online I’m not sure what choice I have . Not too many other options .
I'd assume all the converted nhl app custumers who bought the sn+ app in 2022 and 2023 are all coming up on their renewal dates soon . Maybe they'll see how many are ok with 249.99 before deciding to send out a discount code if auto renewals are down .

at some point last spring they had a promo code that offered it for half price so I'd imagine they can throw us a bone and offer 50 off to bring it down to 199.99

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Anyone got recommendations on best way to stream NHL network? I’m astonished it’s not available yet on YouTube TV (somehow NHL keeps shooting themselves in the foot) and I subscribe to ESPN+ but hate when certain out of market games get put on nhl network; that said if there was a simple option to pay to stream them, I’ll do it

Reactions: Faterson

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I'd assume all the converted nhl app custumers who bought the sn+ app in 2022 and 2023 are all coming up on their renewal dates soon . Maybe they'll see how many are ok with 249.99 before deciding to send out a discount code if auto renewals are down .

at some point last spring they had a promo code that offered it for half price so I'd imagine they can throw us a bone and offer 50 off to bring it down to 199.99
Yeah , ultimately, I’m going to get it but I think I’m going to wait it out and see if they offer a promo .

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Anyone got recommendations on best way to stream NHL network? I’m astonished it’s not available yet on YouTube TV (somehow NHL keeps shooting themselves in the foot) and I subscribe to ESPN+ but hate when certain out of market games get put on nhl network; that said if there was a simple option to pay to stream them, I’ll do it

I've been trying to figure that out for years. It seems like the league ignores their own network, yet still blacks out games (And it's a lot of games too). The NHL is really bad at this bringing the game to the fans thing.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Yeah , ultimately, I’m going to get it but I think I’m going to wait it out and see if they offer a promo .
I think the final few years that I bought center ice through Bell Satellite it was around 53 $ x 4 installments for around 212 + hst so 249.99 isnt much more of a stretch + you get Jays etc etc .

thats why 199.99 is a very fair price for what you get but an extra 50$ wont be a deal breaker for diehards although returning loyal custumers should be given some type of discount automatically

Last edited:

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
Does NHL Center Ice block the local market teams?
I'm trying to decide whether to add Center Ice to my cable pkg or renew the ESPN+ pkg. On ESPN+ there's a 24hr block on local market games.

SirJW

Jan 25, 2007
The LA
I'm trying to decide whether to add Center Ice to my cable pkg or renew the ESPN+ pkg. On ESPN+ there's a 24hr block on local market games.
Yes, but if you have DTV in LA you can get Bally's, unfortunately it's part of the sports pak.

Reactions: Mach2

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Sling has a sports add-on around $10 that includes the NHL Network.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I had center ice through Bell for several years and the leaf games were N/A due to my location in ontario . I'd imagine its the same in the U.S . To watch the leafs on my satt t.v pkg I'd have have sportsnet and tsn

Reactions: Mach2

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
Looks like some pre-season games will be on ESPN+, beginning this Saturday, 21 Sept at 8PM EST with Wild vs Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad