Which players should CBJ target in UFA?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What free agent to get ?

• Steven Stamkos

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Sam Reinhart

• Matt Duchene

• Vladimir Tarasenko

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Elias Lindholm

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Tyler Bertuzzi

• Brandon Montour

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Brett Pesce

• Nikita Zadorov

• Chris Tanev

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other player

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Stay put

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
He'll be expensive but I'd rather overpay for someone who can handle a bigger job. A #6D isn't going to be a solution to our defensive issues. That and we'll get more leadership from someone playing a substantial role, lower lineup guys usually stay quiet.
Alright, I confess. Part of it is that Dillon has already been mentioned as the no. 1 target (to which I agree) for so long that I just wanted to suggest another good penalty killer. 😅

Reactions: majormajor

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
No one on that list is coming to Columbus, nor should they be a target at this point. The only other name I'll suggest is Sean Monahan. I'd love a 2 year deal if they could swing it.

Reactions: puckfan64

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I still like Zadorov more than most but that contract is gonna be way too high. I want more assholes in the lineup who will absolutely obliterate people

Reactions: majormajor

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Wonder if Jeff Skinner would have interest in signing here. Could be a Matt Duchene type of situation where he may be ok with signing at a low amount for a year or two.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Warren Foegele.

Foegele makes sense for the same reason that Martinook does. Guy is fast and can forecheck. Really fast in Foegele's case. His experience from good teams helps a lot too.

He was seen to have one of the least efficient contracts in Edmonton (but not overpaid by leaguewide standards) so there was speculation that they would move him at this year's deadline, and the Oilers leadership around McDavid stepped in to say they needed Foegele to stay. So that speaks well for him.

He's kind of similar to Eric Robinson, just more versatile. I know that comparison doesn't entice a lot of folks here, it sounds fine to me!

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
Foegele makes sense for the same reason that Martinook does. Guy is fast and can forecheck. Really fast in Foegele's case. His experience from good teams helps a lot too.

He was seen to have one of the least efficient contracts in Edmonton (but not overpaid by leaguewide standards) so there was speculation that they would move him at this year's deadline, and the Oilers leadership around McDavid stepped in to say they needed Foegele to stay. So that speaks well for him.

He's kind of similar to Eric Robinson, just more versatile. I know that comparison doesn't entice a lot of folks here, it sounds fine to me!
I was hoping to identify someone who could potentially produce enough offense to not be exclusively a 4th liner (because I think we have those spots covered). Like Foegele's forecheck, and that he has played on winning teams. If there are others who check those boxes, would be okay with them as well.

Reactions: Indy18

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023

I had a soft spot for Erob (its was more due to me constantly memeing him with breakaways and never finishing them...that hat trick night felt like a fever dream with him) honestly and would love to have an upgraded version of him with Foegele if it came to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad