Speculation: Where do the Bruins Finish 2023-24?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where do the Bruins finish 2023-24?

• Top 3 Atlantic

Votes: 63 28.0%
  • Wild Card

Votes: 98 43.6%
  • Just miss the playoffs

Votes: 57 25.3%
  • Cellar dwellers

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Very valid point by Ty here about how grossly bad you have to be to be in the bottom of the league. There’s a handful of teams that are tanking, some others whose owners just don’t care. There’s like 1-3 teams per conference who are actually trying to make the playoffs that end up missing.

Reactions: TCB

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
i think they'll end up somewhere around 95 points and 7th-9th seed in the east. Too strong in net and on the blue line to be really bad, too thin and not enough high-end talent up-front to be really good

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I picked wild card, but I could see it going one of two ways...

Bergeron is the straw that finally breaks the camel's back (Chara, Rask, Krejci, Bergeron...). His absence is felt all over the lineup and we see just how much he affected the game and the team, from matchups, to pushing guys down the lineup, face-offs, leadership, from PP to PK to ES... His absence hits this team like a freight train and we lose consistently.

The torch is passed successfully to Marchand who leads like he plays, with passion and intensity. The depth that helped us put together the best regular season in history is tested and proven to actually be pretty good. Coyle steps up in his new role, DeBrusk finally breaks the 30 goal barrier, Geekie/Boqvist prove to be sneaky good signings, McAvoy and Lindholm lead a strong defense and the goaltending proves they're for real. They finish at just over 100 points and are a dangerous playoff.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins will be better than many here predict. Folks already forgotten that the Bruins had an incomplete team at the start of the season. There was significant injuries 2nd part of the 2nd half. No Hall, no Krejci, Bergy etc.

The team kept trucking.

Bruins D core and goaltending tandem is too good to be bad. If the team wins (or loses) many close games. Sweeney will need to go out and find another goal scorer.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Bruins finished ahead of the pack by a wide margin last season. They can give up 20 points and still finish in the top 3.

They proved to be capable of winning without key players both during the season and in the PO's.

Elite goaltending and defense will be counted on more than ever.

I have full confidence in this team , I predict around 110 points regular season and I'm gonna say they will go further than last year in the PO's.
Precisely.
We were and for that matter let's throw in the Leafs a pretty good regular season team.
Playoff team?
Let's put it this way...we finished miles ahead of Florida last year but I totally did not like the match up vs them in the playoffs.
They were very deep at center, decent in goal and a very tough D.

We do not have to learn of how to return to the team we were last, we need to look good and hard as to what beat us.

Tampa is on a downward spiral and the Leafs still haven't fixed what's ailing them, so no worries there.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Precisely.
We were and for that matter let's throw in the Leafs a pretty good regular season team.
Playoff team?
Let's put it this way...we finished miles ahead of Florida last year but I totally did not like the match up vs them in the playoffs.
They were very deep at center, decent in goal and a very tough D.

We do not have to learn of how to return to the team we were last, we need to look good and hard as to what beat us.

Tampa is on a downward spiral and the Leafs still haven't fixed what's ailing them, so no worries there.

Don't know why anyone thinks we're going anywhere icing the same team as last year. We lost to the 8th seed who only made the PO's because the Pens lost their last two games to bottom fedders.

Let's try something different.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bertuzzi played well in that 15-1 stretch not just Orlov.

Hathaway had the game winner late in the 3rd at home vs Detroit and I believe the game winner against TB. He also had a great tip pass at Edmonton that set up I believe
Nosek, the game up that they won. So your Hathaway doing jack is another incorrect observation.

Hathaway did very little, very little to meet expectations.

Reactions: JOKER 192

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’re still a good team

They were up 3-1 on a cup team with Zacha and Coyle as the top centers, ppl forget that. They only started losing when they played their broken down old men in those roles. And we’ve seen that late in the season from Bergeron and Krejci before so it wasn’t all that surprising. It’s not their fault, that’s just natural when you play this game at this level the right way for almost 2 decades. But it does beg the question-

Are they better off with Zacha/Coyle for a playoff run than Bergeron/Krejci? It’s sad but I think the debate can be made given how unhealthy the legends have been by the the time the playoffs start

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Don't know why anyone thinks we're going anywhere icing the same team as last year. We lost to the 8th seed who only made the PO's because the Pens lost their last two games to bottom fedders.

Let's try something different.

rolling out a bunch of over the hill offseason acquisitions isnt moving the needle

Sturm und Drang

Aug 9, 2008
They’re still a good team

They were up 3-1 on a cup team with Zacha and Coyle as the top centers, ppl forget that. They only started losing when they played their broken down old men in those roles. And we’ve seen that late in the season from Bergeron and Krejci before so it wasn’t all that surprising. It’s not their fault, that’s just natural when you play this game at this level the right way for almost 2 decades. But it does beg the question-

Are they better off with Zacha/Coyle for a playoff run than Bergeron/Krejci? It’s sad but I think the debate can be made given how unhealthy the legends have been by the the time the playoffs start
Krejci played about 20 minutes a night the first two games of the series. Coyle and Zacha were good, but they weren’t carrying as much of the load for as long as you suggest they were. They will really be tested this year, especially since Nosek is gone too and he did a lot of work defensively.

Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Krejci played about 20 minutes a night the first two games of the series. Coyle and Zacha were good, but they weren’t carrying as much of the load for as long as you suggest they were. They will really be tested this year, especially since Nosek is gone too and he did a lot of work defensively.
I was drunk that week my apologies

2-0 without them?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bruins will be better than many here predict. Folks already forgotten that the Bruins had an incomplete team at the start of the season. There was significant injuries 2nd part of the 2nd half. No Hall, no Krejci, Bergy etc.

The team kept trucking.

Bruins D core and goaltending tandem is too good to be bad. If the team wins (or loses) many close games. Sweeney will need to go out and find another goal scorer.

Bertuzzi had 10 playoff points in 7 games and Hall 8 but lets keep pretending losing them along with Krejci and Bergeron wont matter

Reactions: Gordoff

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Neither was rolling out the same guys every year. I'm ready for change. I'll bet these guys go further in the PO's than the last two seasons.

they need the horses to make a run like that. ok be to be hopeful, but still need to have talent at the end of the day

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
they need the horses to make a run like that. ok be to be hopeful, but still need to have talent at the end of the day
They do

Marchand, Zacha, Pasta, Debrusk are talented forwards. Frederic and Coyle was a strong 3rd line last season.

Keeping Bertuzzi would have helped solidify the top 6... but it is a long season/trade deadline acquisition a possibility.

On the brightside...some of the younger forwards get a chance to crack the lineup

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Very valid point by Ty here about how grossly bad you have to be to be in the bottom of the league. There’s a handful of teams that are tanking, some others whose owners just don’t care. There’s like 1-3 teams per conference who are actually trying to make the playoffs that end up missing.
Seriously?

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Really not sure.

I know this much, its going to be way harder for this team of put up offensive numbers,

Defensively we are good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad