When will Bouchard be considered elite?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Bouchard got thrashed early season about how soft and shit he was and he magically turned into a defensive stalwart? LOL. You better hope he is Becuase he is going to be pressured HARD all game.

No you just don’t realize how elite defensively Forsling is. Bouchard is not.
LA tried, Vancouver tried, Dallas tried. They all failed.

Bouchard having a top 10 playoffs in NHL history isn't an accident and it's not smoke and mirrors either. He's legitimately been that damned good. He's been that damned good for quite a while now.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Bouchard having a top 10 playoffs in NHL history isn't an accident and it's not smoke and mirrors either. He's legitimately been that damned good. He's been that damned good for quite a while now.
None of those teams hit or are as aggressive on the forecheck as we are. Like I said you can think this series is some cake walk and you’re guaranteed the cup but it’s going to be a good series.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
None of those teams hit or are as aggressive on the forecheck as we are. Like I said you can think this series is some cake walk and you’re guaranteed the cup but it’s going to be a good series.
The more miles you skate trying to thump Bouchard, the faster he can get the puck going the other direction into the hands of the forwards that can do damage.

It absolutely won't be a cakewalk... either way. Downplay Bouchard's ability at your own peril.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Bouchard got thrashed early season about how soft and shit he was and he magically turned into a defensive stalwart? LOL. You better hope he is Becuase he is going to be pressured HARD all game.

Stick to the topic and elaborate on your assessment please.

You made a pretty bold claim, and when people question it you claim we're saying the series is gonna be a cakewalk?

Can you point me to some of these claims? Can you defend your own position instead of deflecting?

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Stick to the topic and elaborate on your assessment please.

You made a pretty bold claim, and when people question it you claim we're saying the series is gonna be a cakewalk?

Can you point me to some of these claims? Can you defend your own position instead of deflecting?
You guys think you shouldn’t even have to play this series. It’s fine we’ll see how the games play out. You do have the best player in the world so it wouldn’t be shocking if you win. That being said if you think you’ve faced any team like the Panthers yet, you’re just wrong lol

The more miles you skate trying to thump Bouchard, the faster he can get the puck going the other direction into the hands of the forwards that can do damage.

It absolutely won't be a cakewalk... either way. Downplay Bouchard's ability at your own peril.
Everyone has a game plan until they get hit 42 times in the same game. The panthers know how important Bouchard is so they’re going to go after him every chance they get.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
You guys think you shouldn’t even have to play this series. It’s fine we’ll see how the games play out. You do have the best player in the world so it wouldn’t be shocking if you win. That being said if you think you’ve faced any team like the Panthers yet, you’re just wrong lol

Everyone has a game plan until they get hit 42 times in the same game. The panthers know how important Bouchard is so they’re going to go after him every chance they get.
I am still waiting for you to defend your assessment. Please stop changing the subject.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

If winning the cup was decided on you making stuff up and putting words in peoples mouths, you’d be a slam dunk.

Oiler fans know this is gonna be a hard series, Bouchard being better than forsling doesn’t mean we’re thinking it’s a cake walk.

Jan 13, 2023
1717608776125.png

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Sooooooooooo harddddddddddddddd

Bouchard is going to single handedly stifle the Cats forecheck. Now I know you’ve never seen him play.

And yes, he’s a defensive stalwart, every analytic in the world will back this statement. Since oilers games are passed your bedtime and you don’t watch him, that’s what you’d need to refute any claims on his defensive abilities.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
When did he get all tough……. throwing punches around the linesman? We all know he can’t fight. Might want to tone that shit down a bit. I’ve watched him glovehand three or four guys in these playoffs when he had a zebra in front of him. Would he do that to Jamie Benn or Joshua if he wasn’t protected by the officials. Good player but a paper tiger unless the stripes are in between.

2017/2018 a few teams got their franchise D.

Heiskanen, Makar, Dahlin, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson. I’m sure i’m missing a few but all these guys are massive to their squads.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
When did he get all tough……. throwing punches around the linesman? We all know he can’t fight. Might want to tone that shit down a bit. I’ve watched him glovehand three or four guys in these playoffs when he had a zebra in front of him. Would he do that to Jamie Benn or Joshua if he wasn’t protected by the officials. Good player but a paper tiger unless the stripes are in between.

2017/2018 a few teams got their franchise D.

Heiskanen, Makar, Dahlin, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson. I’m sure i’m missing a few but all these guys are massive to their squads.
No ones scared of Joshua.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023

When will oobga and Mats stray out of the pen? Still scar tissue from mckeens maybe 🤔

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005

Where is this nonsense coming from? I doubt any legit Oiler fan thinks this is a cake walk. From what I’ve been gathering most think this will be an extremely tough series to win

Not everyone that are making predictions are Edmonton fans btw. Some of these guys are trolls believing in jinx posts like little children

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Dakota Joshua is still leading all players in hits (by 16% over 2nd place), but Bouchard won't be able to handle a forecheck.

If you say it's just one player, then the Kings hits/60 is 16% ahead of the Panthers.
Bouchard moves the puck well, seems to have good hockey IQ. As long as he doesn't panic, he'll be fine

I'd be wary of stretch passes vs the forecheck. One area I think Edmonton excels in vs Fla is team speed

That said, I think Maurice will adjust accordingly

Great contrast in styles this series. Gonna be fun!

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I can't wait to see how many times McDavid makes Forsling look like a chump. Dude is sooo overated b/c of Barkov

• Haha
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

brain-trash.gif

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I mean, they are objective, and based on statistics. There's nothing subjective going on there. No opinions, either. It's just a model, whose aim is to gauge player performance. It's not perfect, but. But.

xGF? Bouchard has done better. Plus-minus? Bouchard has done better. Goal differential? Bouchard has done better. Relative corsi? Bouchard has done better. Impact in relation to rest of the team? Bouchard has done better.

If we go to relative stats, then Bouchard has done far, far, far better in comparison. Because the other defensive pairings of the Oilers have been train wrecks.

Essentially, the only way to argue that Bouchard is not elite is to discount statistics. For which there just is no basis.

And, by the way, keep in mind that the model predicted Oiler as the cup favorites before the season started, and Oilers are now in the finals. What did you predict as the team in finals out of west?

These are more accurate and granular ways to measure player performance. But fortunately, Bouchard will do better than Forsling in those as well.

Someone came at me with advanced stats that said the Rangers were a bottom 3rd 5v5 team in the league, yet Carolina who was better in that stat & also finished ahead of them on both special teams units didn't beat them out for the presidents trophy & went behind 0-3 when they faced in the second round.

Not trying to take a shot at Carolina, but these stats can be flawed.

Funny how Stars before facing Oilers were said to be the heavy favorite because their road there had been far tougher, the toughest in the entire playoffs in fact, and that Oilers were going to be their easiest matchup.

Then after they lost to Oilers, the revisionists are now building this narrative that Stars never was that good anyway and that they only defeated weak, flawed teams, because otherwise they'd have to give Oilers credit.

No one is saying the Stars weren't actually good in the aftermath, they clearly ran out of gas. Going through Vegas/Colorado isn't easy. Vancouver was a tough series for EDM but LA was basically a cakewalk, and they've stayed pretty healthy (which I dont mean as a knock on EDM).

Ultimately Forsling is a better defensive player than Bouchard, Bouchard is clearly better offensively, imo.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
No one is saying the Stars weren't actually good in the aftermath, they clearly ran out of gas. Going through Vegas/Colorado isn't easy. Vancouver was a tough series for EDM but LA was basically a cakewalk, and they've stayed pretty healthy (which I dont mean as a knock on EDM).

Basically posted four knocks on Edmonton and ended with "don't mean as a knock on EDM"... :laugh:

giphy.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Someone came at me with advanced stats that said the Rangers were a bottom 3rd 5v5 team in the league, yet Carolina who was better in that stat & also finished ahead of them on both special teams units didn't beat them out for the presidents trophy & went behind 0-3 when they faced in the second round.

Not trying to take a shot at Carolina, but these stats can be flawed.

Ultimately Forsling is a better defensive player than Bouchard, Bouchard is clearly better offensively, imo.
Hah Cake Walk. So were the regressed Bolts. A team so bad the Leaf’s could actually beat them in the playoffs. We took out LA in 5 as we should have. Same with Van who in all honesty would have taken out that wussy NYR team you played.

• Love
Reactions: Sergei Shirokov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad