When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
For Detroit fans every one of their prospects could turn into a superstar and can’t be judged for the 1st 8 years

Because wait maaaaaybe they develop into one….

How do you argue that the forward group you are building is going to be elite, with realistic reasonings?

You don’t have a single superstar forward, your 1C is at his mid prime and not a high end 1C and the chances of him suddenly turning into one are quite low. Kane& Tarasenko are old and past their prime

Raymond is the best bet and he’s so far away from getting into McDavid/Drai/Mackinnon/Kucherov etc tier

It looks like the Carolina group with less quality depth, no game breakers to win the big games
Shit happens man.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
being 23rd overall is a lot different than 4th and 6th.

Poitras is a beauty. He is only 20 has 18 points in 40 games. Only 4 players from his draft year have scored more points. All four of them have played more games.
Johnston still isn't relevant when the topic of discussion is guys outside the 1st round. Especially when both Edvinsson and Cossa look like terrific picks in their own right.

Poitras is a nice 2nd rounder, but I'm pretty confident in saying he wouldn't be in the NHL if he was drafted by the Wings. The fact he's 5th in points mostly just says it's far too early to start looking at NHL impacts from the 2022 draft.
He done goofed passing on Mattias Maccelli
Whenever you are comparing the drafting of 31 teams combined vs. 1 team, that 1 team is always going to look outmatched.
Yes, Coyotes made a good pick with Maccelli. They also drafted Victor Söderström in the 1st round that same draft. Their top pick in 2020 was Mitchell Miller. I think I take Seider+Raymond over that. But apparently it's more important to make one good 2nd round picks than to hit on multiple 1sts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad