When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Wings fans starring down their future...

sFeOy.gif

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Maybe for them not to look completely lethargic and unengaged on the ice, for starters.

Last night's entire game along with the second and third periods of the opener vs. Pittsburgh, they looked like they were sleepwalking, exactly how they looked during that horrid stretch in March of last season in must-win games against garbage opponents like Arizona, Montreal and Columbus.
That’s the biggest thing for me.

They look completely unmotivated. They get down two goals and it’s over.

Probably because their coach will always say something like “oh well we tried our best” in every damn post game interview

Lalonde has the backbone of a worm

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Multiple things can be true at once. Yzerman undoubtedly came into a horrible situation in Detroit and has gotten bad lottery luck. That being said -- everything that he can control from trades to UFA signings to drafting has just been nowhere near good enough.

The prospect pool is fine but not amazing and the two premium pieces of the rebuild are a very very good but probably not top 10 in the league in his position good winger and a defenseman who's speedrunning Tyler Myers' career. They've nuked the cap sheet signing a whole lot of horrendous misses in UFA, especially in goal and on defense.

And what does he have to show for it? Missing the playoffs in the easiest year to make it of the last 10 to a god-awful Capitals team (and please spare me the whining about PHI pulling the goalie -- Detroit went head to head against WSH twice in the last ten games and lost both), and starting the season 1-3

Prospect pool ranking: 4

Cap space next season: around $20-23m
Key players to sign: 0

Nuked their cap?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The most alarming part for me is their pro scouting. The amount of boat anchors they have signed is astounding.

Who are all these boat anchors? And please don't say Husso who is done at end of year and Holl with 1 year left after this one. Copp is the only not good one that lasts more than 1 more season and that is it. Me thinks you know not what an actual boat anchor contract is.

Boat anchors are contracts that are 3 or more years left and bad term. Copp is the only one that this fits with. Even then, with the cap going up it will become less and less an issue.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Multiple things can be true at once. Yzerman undoubtedly came into a horrible situation in Detroit and has gotten bad lottery luck. That being said -- everything that he can control from trades to UFA signings to drafting has just been nowhere near good enough.

The prospect pool is fine but not amazing and the two premium pieces of the rebuild are a very very good but probably not top 10 in the league in his position good winger and a defenseman who's speedrunning Tyler Myers' career. They've nuked the cap sheet signing a whole lot of horrendous misses in UFA, especially in goal and on defense.

And what does he have to show for it? Missing the playoffs in the easiest year to make it of the last 10 to a god-awful Capitals team (and please spare me the whining about PHI pulling the goalie -- Detroit went head to head against WSH twice in the last ten games and lost both), and starting the season 1-3

Comparing Seider to Tyler Myers is a really REALLY bad take. Seider thus far is tracking much closer to Victor Hedman's career start. Not that hard to look up comparables and stats of how players started, and Seider actually has more pts than Hedman had at the start of his career. He is also far superior defensively to Myers.

None of the contracts they have signed stop Detroit from doing anything in the next 2-3 years. Cap is going up and the worst signing in Copp is only overpaid by about a mil. I know he is no Dubois, though so!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Prospect pool ranking: 4

Cap space next season: around $20-23m
Key players to sign: 0

Nuked their cap?

You have zero franchise forwards/ franchise F prospects

Calm down

Detroits vision has been to try to build an average team in their peak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad