What's Your Most Controversial Hockey Opinion?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
The 2005 draft lottery was rigged for Pittsburgh to win.

The high-profile teams are given advantages in calls from referees.

Colin Campbell resigned just before the 2011 Cup Final in order to make it seem less conspicuous when the referees disappeared (as his son was on the Bruins). There is the whole e-mail scandal that people forgot about as well. This is why Aaron Rome got a 4 game suspension in the Finals for a hit that wouldn't be a 4 game suspension in 2020. Also as to why Marchand, Lucic, and others could do whatever they wanted in the finals with zero repercussions.

Modern-day minor hockey is intentionally priced out by higher-ups who don't want diversity in the game, as most minorities are in a lower tax bracket.

Reactions: Voight

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Moritz Seider will win a Stanley Cup within the next six years (i.e. by 2026).

Possible if Yzerman trades Seider in year 5. :laugh:

I don't know, we'll see there's a lot of parity, but Detroit is a mess right now. Certainly a controversial opinion!

MrSnrub

May 23, 2010
Some place far away
NHL players should post on here using their real names and photos. They could say whatever they wanted and no one would ever know it was really them since they'd just assume it's a joke account or something.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
America is a giant bully that only goes "me me me me me me me!!" All about growth of the game in America! We take over everything murica!! Mass consumerism, **** yea!

It's ridiculous how it's a Canadian sport but the majority of the teams have been made American all for "growing the game in America" especially considering a lot of these teams can't even fill their stadiums when doing bad.

The fact that Americans don't accept their American centrism bothers me. Okay, if it's just about growing the game in the less popular country, why don't we have a Canadian NFL team in Toronto? Why aren't the majority of teams in the NBA in Canada? Why is it only about growth in America America America? It's so annoying. From their international bullying with their military to sports, American centrism always prevails.
Try finding yourself 20-30 cities in Canada that can support an NHL franchise. The NHL didn't really take off in popularity until US teams started joining and gained even more popularity when the league started expanding into more US markets. The NHL is a business and they follow the money. You seem awfully angry at people making smart business decisions.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
There is no point for losers. You secure point for achieving tie at end of regulation, not for losing.
Everyone is aware of when the point is earned but answer something for me, which team walks away with 1 point, the winner or the loser?

Reactions: romba

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
The 2005 draft lottery was rigged for Pittsburgh to win.

The high-profile teams are given advantages in calls from referees.

Colin Campbell resigned just before the 2011 Cup Final in order to make it seem less conspicuous when the referees disappeared (as his son was on the Bruins). There is the whole e-mail scandal that people forgot about as well. This is why Aaron Rome got a 4 game suspension in the Finals for a hit that wouldn't be a 4 game suspension in 2020. Also as to why Marchand, Lucic, and others could do whatever they wanted in the finals with zero repercussions.

Modern-day minor hockey is intentionally priced out by higher-ups who don't want diversity in the game, as most minorities are in a lower tax bracket.

Chemtrails are real

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
glopuck technology should be reintroduced
It hooked me as a kid. Sure it was iffy and didn't work as it was supposed to more often than not, but when it did work it was amazing for novice hockey fans who tend to have difficulty following the puck especially in quick zone transitions. My 5 year old son LOVES hockey but he can't follow the puck live at all. I actually pause the game and point out where it is and show him how to predict where it's going based on body language and the players around the carrier. When the puck is hidden behind the boards I just tell him to wait for it to reappear lol

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
You want less odd-man opportunities and scoring?
I want more skating with the puck through the neutral zone and end to end rushes rather than passes that get tipped off into boring long dump and chases or missed passes that lead to icing.

Players should be relying on their skills to get the puck up the ice, rather than hoping for a hail mary to connect. Yes, passing is a skill, but it has eliminated a lot of skills and strategies in the transition.

Goal scoring went down since the rule was taken out in 2005.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Referees should be required to have post-game media scrums like coaches.

They can explain what they saw and why or why not calls were made.

That's honestly a great idea. The NBA has something kind of similar where the league goes over the game the next day and analyses the calls that were made.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad