What's the upside to Blackhawk's young Defenceman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm a 35 year old non-drinking alcoholic. I'm extremely open with my situation and my opinions. This place is one of my therapy sessions. If you can't respect that I won't respect you. This is real for me. This is something that personally helps me. I need this because I want this.

It's why I believe I'm a good moderator. If you feel otherwise please let me know.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I'm a 35 year old non-drinking alcoholic. I'm extremely open with my situation and my opinions. This place is one of my therapy sessions. If you can't respect that I won't respect you. This is real for me. This is something that personally helps me. I need this because I want this.

It's why I believe I'm a good moderator. If you feel otherwise please let me know.
You're pretty good outside of deleting my posts from time to time.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
What in the hell has this thread turned into? It was fun in the beginning to read the stream of replies with KBIB on ignore but not for 5 freaking pages.

Feeding the troll at this point, and we could use much less of him agitating im sure everyone agrees.

Anyway back on track, Oliver Moore is becoming my favorite guy at this point to draft. Not the top level obviously, but i just cant shake the idea of a Reichel - Moore - Nazar drivem top six. They could make us the best skating team in the league.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm an open book. If you feel like I took shots at you I'm sorry. Genuinely. I'm not trying to take shots at anyone. If you're trying to make this community a better place I appreciate it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What in the hell has this thread turned into? It was fun in the beginning to read the stream of replies with KBIB on ignore but not for 5 freaking pages.

Feeding the troll at this point, and we could use much less of him agitating im sure everyone agrees.

Anyway back on track, Oliver Moore is becoming my favorite guy at this point to draft. Not the top level obviously, but i just cant shake the idea of a Reichel - Moore - Nazar drivem top six. They could make us the best skating team in the league.
Moore can skate like the f***ing wind.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Moore can fly. He plays tough too. Always a spot for that. Not sure the offense ever develops past 50 points but I think that’s still a win where he’ll get drafted. But not by us.

On the topic of the thread title, I think Korchinski can be a number 1 in this league. Has the frame and the skating to be a 1. Probably ends up as an offensive 2.

Kaiser might be able to be a top 4 stay at home type maybe like a lesser Alec Martinez.

I think Phillips can play and I think Allan can play. I think Ethan Del Mastro has enough tools to play.

The rest I don’t have any expectations for. Regula can play hockey but just can’t skate. Vlasic might play but I don’t think he’ll be much. Doesn’t have the personality.

Last edited:

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Moore can fly. He plays tough too. Always a spot for that. Not sure the offense ever develops past 50 points but I think that’s still a win where he’ll get drafted. But not by us.

On the topic of the thread title, I think Korchinski can be a number 1 in this league. Has the frame and the skating to be a 1. Probably ends up as an offensive 2.

Kaiser might be able to be a top 4 stay at home type maybe like a lesser Alec Martinez.

I think Phillips can play and I think Allan can play. I think Ethan Del Mastro has enough tools to play.

The rest I don’t have any expectations for. Regula can play hockey but just can’t skate. Vlasic might play but I don’t think he’ll be much. Doesn’t have the personality.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014

The hope, obviously, is that KK can become a #1 defenseman. He might be more likely to end up a #2, but I'm hoping his transition game and frame is enough to propel him into the top 32 (maybe even top 10) one day and he stays there for a good while.

Hard to get a read on Kaiser. Didn't excel in college, but he was not on an impressive squad. So far has reminded me a bit of Mitchell, but harder to push off the puck (which makes a big difference).

I like Phillips. Hope he can stick at 2LD and 2nd PK unit in the future.

Allan is probably an NHLer, but I don't think top pairing. Middle to bottom pairing guy, but he can help himself lineup wise if he can successfully play his off-side.

Edmonton has some good tools, like you said, but I wonder how he'll handle the speed of the NHL. Might be enough to become an NHLer, but still get walked around semi-regularly (kinda like Olli Maatta).

Regula has the benefit of handedness, but he's had a bad year. Might just be an AHLer. Vlasic needs to develop a physical edge or he'll top out as a bottom pairing guy.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
I agree with your views on future D. I think Kaiser has bit more offense in him. I think Allan and Del Mastro are going to surprise. Phillips 6/7?

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Would love to know others opinions on the guys listed above.
Here's a copy and paste from my response to @Kevin Musto in the last GDT:

Yes, two scratches- one after his best game, one after his worst game. With Tinordi available, the Hawks are carrying 9 defensemen so there are going to be odd men out.

Seems to me that all aspects of his skating translate to the NHL level as far as defending. But the escapability(f*** off autocorrect, it's a word) of his skating does not always translate in the offensive zone. Not expecting Norris trophy offense, but improvement on the margins.

Defensively he's prone to inside-out moves to his left when he tries to attack the man with the puck. Also, from time to time he'll lose track of a potential threat on a blind side.

Edit: The last couple of off-seasons, Kaiser has worked on his shot and strength.

Edit(Today): Does not turnover the puck. An observation from college hockey that continues in the NHL.

Another f***ing Edit: Kaiser needs a full year in Rockford.

Last edited:

Crow

May 19, 2014
I prefer to keep my mouth shut and listen but if everyone did that this site would be boring. I think the bold people deserve more credit in a lot of cases. Opinions vary and it’s tough to have an outlying one. I wish I could watch as much hockey as some people are able to. Highlights don’t tell much of a story. I’m forced to accept the consensus in most cases but I’m not going to argue with someone over it.

Not buying this streaming pile of shit.

I think @Giovi and @EbonyRaptor are on to something here

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I'm not triggered, I'm sure DHF isn't triggered, I'd imagine any other poster taking easy swings at the alleged streamer isn't triggered.

We're all just having fun dunking on the guy for all the shit he's peddling.

We've all got our reasons for being here and far be it from me to be judgmental of other's reasons. My take on this is purely my take - I get no entertainment or information from dunking on other posters or watching other do it. But that's just me. Are my views based on me being a geezer? Maybe, but that doesn't invalidate what I find entertaining and what I don't. I'm here to discuss hockey and with that to find escape from the real world. Dunking on people and finding enjoyment from that doesn't seem all that much different than the shit I'm trying to escape from for an hour or two a day.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Yes this thread is about our young d-men, but most likely Seth Jones will be part of the picture for the next bunch of years so I'd like to envision how our young d-men could slot into the defensive lineup in 2-3 years.

With Seth holding down RD on the 1st pairing, I could see Korchinski being his partner. I'd rather not factor in Murphy, which means we have no other RD's. Kaiser, Allan and Phillips should be in the lineup so one of those 3 will have to play RD. Allan has played RD before so let's put him on the right side. Rinzel is a righty but he's too much of an unknown to put him in the plans at this point. Maybe We'll have to sign an RD in free agency.

Korchinski-S.Jones
Kaiser-Allan
Phillips-FreeAgent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad