Value of: What would Carey Price realistically cost?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
Most playoff calibur teams wouldn't benefit as much from the goaltending upgrade as they would upgrading other positions, and most non playoff teams aren't going to trade their futures to build around a goalie. Montreal relies so much on price that what they would require to make up for him I doubt any team would even consider paying.

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
Just gonna throw some teams.

If the Devils were to trade for Price:
Schneider + Palmieri/Henrique

Rangers
McDonagh + Zibanejad + Miller

Islanders
Tavares + Hamonic + Dal Colle

Penguins
Crosby + Murray

Sharks
Vlasic + Couture + Jones

Nashville
Josi + Rinne + Neal

Edmonton
McDavid

Florida
Ekblad + Barkov

theres some examples!

Maybe Nashville and NYI start discussions there, the rest easily turn it down. Pittsburgh and San Jose hang up laughing.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
That being said, the only goalie who probably looked like he could backstop a team to a cup no matter what the hell they were doing in front of him was the Dominator

Well that's been proven completely false.The Dominator couldn't win the cup till he was trade to a stacked team.
Your describing Roy. 1993.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Completely disagree.

A generational talent goalie cant win a cup without a solid all around team in front of him. Hasek found that out the hard way for years in Buffalo.

A team can and has won a cup with a just OK goalie in net.

One thing every NHL cup winner has had is Norris caliber dman and/or a bona fide 1C. THOSE are the positions you cant do without

Roy 1993.;)

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Probably a young replacement goalie, young top 6 forward, 1st.

Not saying Tampa would want him but value wise think vasilevski, drouin, 1st

Which is a ridiculous price to pay but the guy is unreal so it's hard to tell.

This one seems the most accurate not the joke proposal like Tanev + Both Sedins + 1st or the joke proposal one post above.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
He's UFA soon enough. Why any team should waste assets, when they can just offer him 7x11-12 mil contract and be done with it.

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He's UFA enough soon. Why any team should waste assets, when they can just offer him 7x11-12 mil contract and be done with it.

This, he's a UFA in 2 seasons. He won't be getting a premier return like Crosby/McDavid obviously, that would be ridiculous.

Ugh i wonder how much it's gonna cost us to resign him.. hopefully between 9-10M.

Price will be retired by the time the Leafs are competitive.

that guy wouldn't trade JVR for Gallagher, Gallagher is apparently a "3rd liner".. :laugh:

zar

Bleed Blue
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
McDavid.

If we're talking realistically, he'll never be traded.

Rangers

Islanders

Penguins
Crosby + Murray

Sharks
Vlasic + Couture + Jones

Nashville
Josi + Rinne + Neal

Edmonton
McDavid

Florida
Ekblad + Barkov

theres some examples!

OK, I realize some of the Oiler poster offers were weak but in what world would you trade a player like McDavid for 2 years of Carey Price? ... and I think Price is the best goalie in the game. If Price were signed for 6 more years then were talking a much different scenario.

I feel the most the Oilers would pay for 2 years of Price, with the possibility of signing him thereafter...

:edmonton
Carey Price

:habs
Cam Talbot
Leon Draisaitl
Jesse Puljujarvi or 2017 1st
Maybe another pick 2nd round or later in a future draft.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

Rangers

Islanders

Penguins
Crosby + Murray

Sharks
Vlasic + Couture + Jones

Nashville
Josi + Rinne + Neal

Edmonton
McDavid

Florida
Ekblad + Barkov

theres some examples!

NJ trade - neither of the extra 2 players excite me. I'd rather keep Price than get Schneider.

Rangers - neither of the 3 players excite me, so no.

Islanders - Tavares has one of the highest values in the NHL. Arguably higher than Price. The value is certainly there - though i would want a goalie coming back. Maybe Halak?

Penguins - Crosby is worth more than Price. "value-wise" a simple 1vs1 trade should the Penguins one day decide to move malkin or crosby for some reason could be plausible, but Crosby is worth more. Canadiens are also built around Price, and likely better with him than Crosby bc of it.

Sharks - That's high value than San Jose. I'd hate to lose Price, but if that trade happened as a Habs fan i would at least think "hrmm, who? Hrmm that's a lot". San Jose really has a lot of strong roster spots

Nashville - don't really want Rinne. His value is based on how good he was, not how good he maybe has fallen to. Though as a habs fan i still do this trade 100% no questions asked. Give me an actual reason to completely switch my allegiance to being a Nashville fan with PK/Price reunited again

Edmonton - McDavid is worth more than Price, by a wide gap. No way this happens

Florida - Price is worth more than either of those players individually. Combined though? Combined i'd argue they're worth more than Price. If Florida offers this i'd expert Bergevin to take it and run.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Jocelyn Thibault, Martin Rucinsky and Andrei Kovalenko.

Of course, no GM would be crazy enough to accept these three for the top goaltender in the league.

Measles

Oct 30, 2015
Calgary
lol Price would cost the Oilers Pulji AND Draistl in any deal. Then u add with Talbot and the first (wont be worth much with Price and McJesus). Habs would ask for Eberle/RNH.

You think Price for 2 years would cost more than Subban for 7 years? Not a realistic price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad