What Roster changes do you make if Marner doesn't waive?

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Kyper said Marner wants $12.5mx8. $14.28mx7. When hell freezes over Mitch.
Is this for real? It would have to be aimed at other teams. His camp has done such a bad job with his brand in Toronto and things would just get a lot worse. They need to get in recovery mode and start trending in the other direction.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Ya just like Marner had offer sheets, Tavares was offered more then the Leafs paid him and Santa Claus is real
don't forget the offer sheet Mathews was going to get from the deep pocketed Yotes for the full 20% allowed of the cap , lol

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Wow it’s discouraging watching the oilers/Stars game to see how far far far away from being a serious playoff team. It’s a discrace
Every fan of every other team says the same thing when they watch other teams. It's what fans do. Other fans watched the Leafs/Bruins series and said their team couldn't possibly survive how physical that series was, when it reality it was no different, and really no more physical, than any other series.

Reactions: bax

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If that’s true the Leafs only play will to let him walk, as wasteful as that may be there is no way in hell you could consider paying him that much. If they did the team will be destroyed for the 8 years
Trade him this year for something or let him walk next year. I don’t want any other option.
I wouldn’t give him 12.5 cents.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Every fan of every other team says the same thing when they watch other teams. It's what fans do. Other fans watched the Leafs/Bruins series and said their team couldn't possibly survive how physical that series was, when it reality it was no different, and really no more physical, than any other series.
I’m thinking the only team that said that was the WPHL teams however I am also referring to how skilled and hard working these to teams as well as being tough and mean……..and we have Marner and Willy

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
The entire Dubas/Keefe era was a waste. It took Shanny way too long to realize that the analytics, skill, puck possession only works in the regular season.
Yup. There is a lot needed to make this team competitive. I’m not sure this can be done before Mathews deal is over. But nothing is impossible if they play their cards right.

Reactions: Larcos_Unal

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
don't forget the offer sheet Mathews was going to get from the deep pocketed Yotes for the full 20% allowed of the cap , lol

I have managed to obtain copies of the offer sheets that the Yotes were about to submit for Matthews

1716519827780.png

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I don't know why the Leafs brass is so afraid to offer these guys what they are worth. No other team in the league will offer almost 12 million for Nylander and Marner. Those guys are 7 - 8.5 million dollar players tops. MLSE finally found some guys with talent and they feared losing them so badly they ended up in a bidding war amongst themselves. Toronto fans aren't stupid, they see superior players on other teams making significantly less money and performing a hell of a lot better than our 'superstars'.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I don't know why the Leafs brass is so afraid to offer these guys what they are worth. No other team in the league will offer almost 12 million for Nylander and Marner. Those guys are 7 - 8.5 million dollar players tops. MLSE finally found some guys with talent and they feared losing them so badly they ended up in a bidding war amongst themselves. Toronto fans aren't stupid, they see superior players on other teams making significantly less money and performing a hell of a lot better than our 'superstars'.
You are absolutely 100% right.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Ya just like Marner had offer sheets, Tavares was offered more then the Leafs paid him and Santa Claus is real

Tavares was in fact offered a more lucrative deal by San Jose that has been reported by many credible insiders. I don’t think Tavares is motivated by money but it’s clear his agent used San Jose to get more money from Toronto. He was also a UFA and Toronto wasn’t the only team who was projecting a huge cap raise as the NHL just signed the new TV deal.

Marner offer sheet I don’t think any formal offersheet was placed. No one credible has confirmed that to be the case.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Tavares was in fact offered a more lucrative deal by San Jose that has been reported by many credible insiders. I don’t think Tavares is motivated by money but it’s clear his agent used San Jose to get more money from Toronto. He was also a UFA and Toronto wasn’t the only team who was projecting a huge cap raise as the NHL just signed the new TV deal.

Marner offer sheet I don’t think any formal offersheet was placed. No one credible has confirmed that to be the case.
Ya that’s all great but you totally ignored Santa Claus lol

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I straight up healthy scratch him until he agrees to waive it. He strong armed the team once and hurt them a lot and I wouldn’t let him do it again. Him and his dad are both losers, no way I let them hurt this team one last season. You need to make an example of these guys and stop letting them hurt the culture

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I straight up healthy scratch him until he agrees to waive it.
YOU. ARE. HIRED.

If Mitch can't be traded past july 1, at least one of these is true:

(1) nobody really wants him.​
(2) he's delusional about his value.​
(3) he's strong arming the team.​

that's basically it.

This team will never win with MM. Never. The team lacks balance. NO TEAM WILL EVER WIN WITH 2 right wingers OVER 10 AAV.

Other teams could win with MM.
He must go.

He's 2 things:

(1) above all else he's a cap casualty. We need the cap space.
(2) We need a D or a G. He must go. Tre picked Nylander.

I think he could sell some tickets in places that are below playoff grade.

kick him off top 2 lines.
Even better.

For 11 AAV he needs to drive a line.
Welcome to the third line Mitch.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
There was literally no other source outside of Ferris/Dreger who reported the offer sheets.

It was all fabricated to make some perception that Mitch was valued at the same $ value around the league as he was to the Leafs - which after we learned when Rantanen signed, we way overpaid for Mitch.

Imagine being one of those absolute simpletons who just thought Marner was simply $1.8M better than Rantanen.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
There was literally no other source outside of Ferris/Dreger who reported the offer sheets.

It was all fabricated to make some perception that Mitch was valued at the same $ value around the league as he was to the Leafs - which after we learned when Rantanen signed, we way overpaid for Mitch.

Imagine being one of those absolute simpletons who just thought Marner was simply $1.8M better than Rantanen.

If you say so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad