Speculation: What (if anything) does Colorado do about their goaltending?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MomoSissokko

Feb 16, 2010
I do not agree with the OP and think that Avs can win with Kuemper.
I think they need better constancy, luck and leadership in some crucial phases of playoffs.
Avs are now where Lightnings 2018

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Kuemper provides enough to win, but AVs defence is terrible. Last season led the league with shot suppression, they’re now among the worst. Maybe injuries have disrupted lineups to create any cohesion or consistency, if the team stays healthy Goaltending is good enough to win.

Reactions: flyfysher

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Wasn't Hutch the reason you were still in the Dallas series with two playoff wins in elimination before Game 7? Injuries caught up with the team, can't put that on Hutch who gave what he could (which my team knows well, is not much on most nights).

If anyone is to blame, it should be Sakic who rolled the dice on a goalie who is made of glass. Heard so many times people defending Kuemper that he is not injury prone, but that's been proven once again this year.

As for Frankie, yeah he had a bad start in his return to the AHL on conditioning, but just recently had a shutout and has posted two subsequent wins, so I'd say he is almost recovered and will be on his way up with the team very soon.

EDIT: Looks like Frankie won again last night.. 3-1-1 with a .944 save % .. I'd say he is recovered.
I'm not an Avs fan.

But no, Hutchinson was not 'the reason' they were still surviving. He sucks. He played above his head and was adequate for a bit as I recall. It's still rolling the dice on something that has failed you before. If I'm Colorado I take a serious look at Fleury or something similar.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Price and Chariot for Girard, Keumper, 1st 2022+1st 2022 with money retained by Montreal.
No it seems Avs fans would rather pass than to trade for a goalie who would give them their best shot at winning the cup. Let Vegas dismantle then again in the playoffs.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
No it seems Avs fans would rather pass than to trade for a goalie who would give them their best shot at winning the cup. Let Vegas dismantle then again in the playoffs.

I am not convinced Price would give the Avs their best shot at winning the SC. Still a long way to go.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
My concern is that the same setup with Grubauer and Francouz let do Michael "Not an NHL goalie" Hutchinson in elimination games against Dallas and ultimately cost them the series. Kuemper is more injury prone than Grubauer and Francouz literally still hasn't recovered.
Why are you concerned about the AVS ? You are upset that Jimbo has been fired and you are looking to jump on the AVS bandwagon? A real canuck fan should rejoice when Colorado,Oilers,Flames,Leafs,Boston and the Hawks are having problems.Also as a Naslund fan you should still hate the AVS with passion.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
As a wild fan I cheered and laughed when the Avs traded for Kuemper. The dude is a complete head case who’s only real successful stretches have come with no pressure to win because of the Coyotes being a dumpster fire for most of his tenure. Now with the Avs he’s not just expected to win a few games....he’s expected to win a cup. He will crumble and throw tantrums and be injured.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Jaro Halak for a pick with conditions on it depending how far Avs go in playoffs or how many games Halak plays?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Nah, supposedly Swayman will get sent down and Ullmark will be their backup behind Rask.

Getting interesting though, as both their goalies are playing well right now.
Rask would be the perfect goalie with the Avs. And the other 2 are playing well for bruins. Really messes that up a bit. See how it all plays out I guess.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Vasilevsky. And the Avs cannot afford Price’s contract. That should be obvious.
Well obviously Yasi would be, He's one of the guy you will be competing against if you hope to win. So now name one player that's possible available would give you the best shot at the cup? Unless you think your not that close to winning it all.
I believe you guys are 1 of the top contenders and a Price- like goalie away from winning it all.
This premise is on if the Avs were looking at him. Many ways to make a trade like this work.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Rask would be perfect for them, but he already said he isn't going back to any other team apart from the B's.
Ya Rask could very well put them over the top.
Fleury is another that could pull one out of his hat.

Real options are slim for a team ready to win.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Well obviously Yasi would be, He's one of the guy you will be competing against if you hope to win. So now name one player that's possible available would give you the best shot at the cup? Unless you think your not that close to winning it all.
I believe you guys are 1 of the top contenders and a Price- like goalie away from winning it all.
This premise is on if the Avs were looking at him. Many ways to make a trade like this work.

Personally, I’d wait before making a move. I would like to see the Avs get healthy and reassess their needs prior to the TDL. I just don’t see Price as realistic given the previously stated concerns. If the Avs were in the market for a high end goalie then I’d prefer Gibson over Price but again, I believe the cost would be too high.

Reactions: Jayevs and Spilot23

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Personally, I’d wait before making a move. I would like to see the Avs get healthy and reassess their needs prior to the TDL. I just don’t see Price as realistic given the previously stated concerns. If the Avs were in the market for a high end goalie then I’d prefer Gibson over Price but again, I believe the cost would be too high.
Nice to see a good response instead of just taking jabs at each other. This i understand. Gibson is another that would fit in well.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Nice to see a good response instead of just taking jabs at each other. This i understand. Gibson is another that would fit in well.

No disrespect to Habs and their fans or to Carey whom I greatly respect but Price just isn’t the best fit. All of the goalies have their upside and downside. I just see Sakic as exceedingly, perhaps maddeningly, patient at times.

UED

May 2, 2021
I doubt many goalies would do well on this team. One of the most one dimensional, offensive teams in NHL history. Not that Kuemper is big star either though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad