Speculation: What (if anything) does Colorado do about their goaltending?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If Kuemper is still struggling come the deadline, and Chicago is out of it, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Avs took a run at Fluery. Sets up the perfect revenge story after Vegas treated him like shit.

Fleury to take down Vegas. That would make a good movie.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Than name the ONE player that would give them a better shot than Price?

Price hasn't been very good in the regular season for a few years , He went on a nice run last year in the playoffs but has been hurt since . This is what happens to an aging goalie as they lose their flexibility . People don't heal that well at his age . I honestly think Montreal is stuck with him . Also the Avs need to worry about resigning MacKinnon .

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes, I've heard the "but the Habs sucks in front of him" excuse a million times from countless Habs fans trying to pump Price's tires. And it still sounds like a desperate used car salesmen trying to get someone to please buy the rust bucket he's trying to get top dollar for. We just need to look at your "solid context into Price and his ability", rather than looking at what he's actually done for the last 4 years, right? Ignore the injuries, and the inconsistent play and the cost of the retention, and just focus on how it feels to have a big name goalie in net. Don't worry about how you're going to pay for it, just imagine all the Cups you're going to win with this baby. It was laughable when it started, but now it's just tiresome.

I'm also not trying to devalue Price in the slightest, and have explicitly said (to you) that a 1st + A + B prospect is not unreasonable. What I'm saying is that, even at that fair price for what you're offering (Price with $21m in retention for 4 years), I'm still not interested because I'm not really in the market for a new goalie right now. Keumper and Francouz are our guys for this season. Maybe we'll add a 3rd stringer at the TDL, but that's about it. Your repeated claims that Grubauer sucks and that Team Canada will pick Price don't change anything. The best thing you can do at this point is accept no for an answer, and walk away.

I disagree you are not trying to devalue Price

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No because most people understand what sample size is. Thats why we also judge Price more on his RS performance rather than playoff performance.

I think stats for goalies don't reveal true potential in many cases cause of the team they play with. Grubauer with the Avs last year vs the Kraken this year is a good example. Price is a game changer and the Habs relied on him too much. Most people that are unbias would acknowledge that.

Team Canada is not going to choose a goalie like Kuemper over Price (if he is healthy) cause he has good regular season stats.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Patrick Roy ? There is no one like that around anymore

Yes, there is. His name is Price and I think Vasi can do it too. And Price almost did it last year. Avs in their prime with Sakic/Forsberg/Roy and others couldn't beat that Tampa team last year. They are elite in net, on D, with Offense, and depth. Zero holes on that roster last year and one of the most complete Stanley cup winners I have seen in my lifetime.

The only issue with Price is health. He's taking his time coming back and it's the right move. A healthy Price at $5.25M on a contender looking for goalie upgrades is a game changer. Even the reporters in the Toronto market have spoken on that where they don't typically give the Habs any credit at all.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I tried that as well. Didn’t work. HH is desperate to unload Price on the Avs. Drouin next!

False, We are not desperate to unload Price on the Avs. Stop trying to create false narratives and then spin it backwards at us. What you are seeing is Price value debates for the most part. You need to comprehend this a bit better

I personally would rather trade Price to the Oilers and give them a chance to bring the cup back home. If anybody wants to complain about forcing Price on a team, it's the Oilers, not the Avs. Some others have identified both the Oilers and Avs as logical spots if the Habs move Price with substantial retention but I'm not seeing Habs fans desperate to force Price on the Avs on HF boards. Not the for the majority anyways

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Yes, there is. His name is Price and I think Vasi can do it too. And Price almost did it last year. Avs in their prime with Sakic/Forsberg/Roy and others couldn't beat that Tampa team last year. They are elite in net, on D, with Offense, and depth. Zero holes on that roster last year and one of the most complete Stanley cup winners I have seen in my lifetime.

The only issue with Price is health. He's taking his time coming back and it's the right move. A healthy Price at $5.25M on a contender looking for goalie upgrades is a game changer. Even the reporters in the Toronto market have spoken on that where they don't typically give the Habs any credit at all.

:laugh:

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I don't think the statement is laughable. It's a very solid debate and I think that Tampa team was as good as it gets last season. Tampa's backbone of Vasi and the best top 4D in the NHL is top notch.
It's not laughable, it's nonsensical. I'd love to know who in their right mind is picking that top 4 over Bourque, Blake and Foote :laugh:
And their centers over Joe and Foppa, or Vasi over Roy :laugh:

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
False, We are not desperate to unload Price on the Avs. Stop trying to create false narratives and then spin it backwards at us. What you are seeing is Price value debates for the most part. You need to comprehend this a bit better

I personally would rather trade Price to the Oilers and give them a chance to bring the cup back home. If anybody wants to complain about forcing Price on a team, it's the Oilers, not the Avs. Some others have identified both the Oilers and Avs as logical spots if the Habs move Price with substantial retention but I'm not seeing Habs fans desperate to force Price on the Avs on HF boards. Not the for the majority anyways

LOL. You were trying to force Price on the Avs like a used car salesman. Sorry HH but it was really off putting.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's not laughable, it's nonsensical. I'd love to know who in their right mind is picking that top 4 over Bourque, Blake and Foote :laugh:
And their centers over Joe and Foppa, or Vasi over Roy :laugh:

Not on the same page and we are steering off the road from the main point now. I stand firm on what I said and you don't agree. It's all good

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Not on the same page and we are steering off the road from the main point now. I stand firm on what I said and you don't agree. It's all good
So Hedman and the rest are better than the Avs group?
Vasi is better than Roy?
Their centers are better than Avs?

I love it when people post nonsense and then back down as soon as someone calls them out on it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
LOL. You were trying to force Price on the Avs like a used car salesman. Sorry HH but it was really off putting.

100% false. Do you want me to loan you my excavator to take that tree out of your head from the flawed seed you planted and how it has grown into something only you set up?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So Hedman and the rest are better than the Avs group?
Vasi is better than Roy?
Their centers are better than Avs?

I love it when people post nonsense and then back down as soon as someone calls them out on it.

I'm not backing down but you can love whatever you wish. This is a thread derail and I made one comment of many that you cherry picked one part and want to continue in a side debate. Sorry, I said what I said and you don't agree. There is nothing you can provide that I already don't know.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
100% false. Do you want me to loan you my excavator to take that tree out of your head from the flawed seed you planted and how it has grown into something only you set up?

Whatever HH. I don’t believe you’re self-aware enough to understand how you came off. In a word, it was ‘pathetic.’

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I'm not backing down but you can love whatever you wish. This is a thread derail and I made one comment of many that you cherry picked one part and want to continue in a side debate. Sorry, I said what I said and you don't agree. There is nothing you can provide that I already don't know.

The whole Price nonsense is thread derailment. In every thread concerning the Avs there's a drove of Habs fans who shove him down our throats any chance they get. And then when they are met with negative feedback they resort to posting nonsensical takes like the one you posted.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Whatever HH. I don’t believe you’re self-aware enough to understand how you came off. In a word, it was ‘pathetic.’

The only pathetic part is planting flawed seeds cause you didn't comprehend the debate or conversation well. You turned a disagreement into a flawed spin cause you think people should agree with you. That's disingenuous

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

The whole Price nonsense is thread derailment. In every thread concerning the Avs there's a drove of Habs fans who shove him down our throats any chance they get. And then when they are met with negative feedback they resort to posting nonsensical takes like the one you posted.

I don't know about you but most of the comments you see in the 10 pages so far is defending Price's value when healthy and available at 50% retention. We are not that desperate to "unload" or "dump" Price on the Avs. That's just false spins

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I don't know about you but most of the comments you see in the 10 pages so far is defending Price's value when healthy and available at 50% retention. We are not that desperate to "unload" or "dump" Price on the Avs. That's just false spins

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
I think stats for goalies don't reveal true potential in many cases cause of the team they play with. Grubauer with the Avs last year vs the Kraken this year is a good example. Price is a game changer and the Habs relied on him too much. Most people that are unbias would acknowledge that.

Team Canada is not going to choose a goalie like Kuemper over Price (if he is healthy) cause he has good regular season stats.

So how exactly should we evaluate goalies potential?. Darcy Kumper played in front of worse team than Carey Price in last few years with better results.
Team Canada is also not asked to commit to Carey Price for next 5 years.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
So you're arguing in favor of something that's not true in the case of the first thing you mentioned and a fairy tale in regards to 50% retention?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad