Speculation: What happens to Pacioretty?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I remember when habs fans wanted robert thomas or kyrou and a 1st for patches as a rental lol. Thomas turned into 1c and kyrpu turned into 1 rw bothe ppg players

Instead the Habs traded him for Tomas Tatar and Nick Suzuki, two players who would go on to lead the Canadiens in scoring in different seasons, so I don't think this is the flex you think it is.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Friedman wrote in his lateest 32 thoughts for Sportsnet that Toronto is looking for a LW, maybe he gets a PTO

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
He put up a 40pt pace with the Caps after being out for basically a year prior. He had a lot of rust in his game, but I think to a young-ish team that thinks they're on the cusp of being a contender that can also flip him at the TDL, he'd have some value as a PTO and on a 1yr deal heavily incentivized for games, etc.
Minor comment on this, after he reportedly rejected a trade to NY from the Caps last season, teams will be very very leery of giving him any sort of no trade/no move protection. If he is "holding out for" that, he'll likely be waiting a long time.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Capitals fans who watched this guy on a nightly basis last year - what's he looking like at this stage of his career?

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
If the Jackets need to get cap compliant, a one year contract with Maximillian Kolenda Pacioretty might be an option.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Played 139 games out of 328 possible ones in the last 4 years due to injuries.

He can still help I guess, at least offensively, but yeah, he's a 'last resort' type of hire.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Odd, i thought Patches was retiring. Did I misread (or mis-hear), or did he change his mind?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So only injured and old players sign in Toronto these days? If healthy players don’t want to play there, like pajama boy ROR and soon Marner, then what chance do they have of McDavid going there?

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
So only injured and old players sign in Toronto these days? If healthy players don’t want to play there, like pajama boy ROR and soon Marner, then what chance do they have of McDavid going there?
It sounds like you are not a Leafs fan based on this post. So don't worry about who wants to sign or stay there then.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Capitals fans who watched this guy on a nightly basis last year - what's he looking like at this stage of his career?

Double-edged sword. Early on he was actually decent, propably better than expected and contributed decently, especially on the PP. Then the longer the season went on, the clearer it was that he just didn't have it anymore. Looked tired night after night, taking stupid penalties. The cherry on top was when Capitals tried to move him at the deadline but he rejected the move and proceeded to play like shit for the next month. I'm pretty surprised that he's getting an NHL-contract at this stage, especially from a team expected to make the Playoffs. I'd have guessed team like Ducks would have given him league-minimum to help their PP2 unit.

Don't expect much, and if there is even decent amount of competition for spots on the Leafs, i'd guess it's likely that he finds himself on the Marlies at some stage next season. His body couldn't hold up for half a season last year so it's propably not going to be pretty if the plan is to have him play 82 games + Playoffs next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad