What exactly does Reaves do?

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Didn’t mind him up until now. Thought he was doing his job and laying some bone crushing hits each game.

Now, I have no idea. This was the time to take Marchand out for the season and I don’t think he’s even glanced in his direction.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1698974486862.png

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I've said it many times: there's no point in having a guy like Reaves on this team (or Simmonds or Clifford, etc.). The team *clearly* has a no contact and no fighting philosophy. It has to be Shanahan's philosophy because it goes back to the Babcock days with the "our toughness is our powerplay" nonsense. And that's pretty surreal given how Shanahan played in his career. I don't get it and I don't like it.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Enforcers are extinct in the modern NHL for a reason.
When the league suspended Zack Kassian for trying to force a turtling Mathews Tkachuk to fight that was it for them and some people just can’t comprehend that.

If Reeves try’s to fight Marchand he just turtles and Boston gets a 5 min powerplay. Because guys like Marchand know they don’t have to fight Reeves they aren’t scared of him.
If no one will fight him but other enforcers he is pretty useless.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I was supportive of the Reaves acquisition but you can't have a fake tough guy on a retirement contract pretending to protect a soft team. They put Simmonds in that role last year and he actually did his job. Reaves is just here to set himself up for a media career.

Reactions: maskingagent

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Complete trash. He’s making the team worse every time he steps in the ice. Can’t stand how pathetic he is

Reactions: arso40

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The problem is if the other guy isn't going to fight (and no top six/four guy is going to fight him) is he's basically handing the other team a free instigator or major penalty if he tries anything.

I didn't even see a vigorous hit. He looked tired in the second period scrum after he shot a puck on net.

Reactions: Ciao and Menzinger

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
There are a lot of fans on this forum who like to make up things about hockey players just because they like their style of play or their name.

It was very obviously seen in how this board celebrated when Domi and Reaves were signed.

Domi because of his name, Reaves because as if we didn't have guys like Simmonds, Martin, Clifford, Foligno at various points in the past.

Reactions: hurdemz

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He shouldn't be allowed to put on a Leafs jersey. He doesn't do anything useful

There are a lot of fans on this forum who like to make up things about hockey players just because they like their style of play or their name.

It was very obviously seen in how this board celebrated when Domi and Reaves were signed.

Domi because of his name, Reaves because as if we didn't have guys like Simmonds, Martin, Clifford, Foligno at various points in the past.
It's pretty clear some are just happy having players who punch people or known too. Thats how you win. Other aspects don't matter.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Consider me content enough if this ends up being the biggest blemish on Treliving's record as Leaf GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad