Speculation: What does Malkin get for an AAV on his next contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Well again your best to remember thisnt 2016 anymore. That's a start. I'll help you along here. He was below a PPG player last year. He had only goals in 33 games. Which is just over 20 for a full season to which he hasn't played in quite some time. He was a minus player again while making 10 million. The pens got fsr better point per million value from almsot everyone including McCann rust Jake and even ceci. Remember now malkin is solely an offensive player .
The NHL network has him listed at 15 f9r NHK fantasy centers which is basically spot on.
The player I compared him to, tavares has more goals and points in the last 4 sesosn ls while being less injury prone amd making the same cash. Hmmm guess you could say malkin saved his best for the playoffs but that would be laughable too when you look at the stats.
Yes malkin had a down year, yes he had a very good year before that mending his play is somewhere between. The very simple logic and question here does he still bring 10 million dollar value to the pens ?? And that answer is NO.

Malkin had 74 points in 55 games the previous season. And after a rough start last year, he was over a point per game. The *only* thing working against him is he's injury prone. But he's still a point per game+ player when he plays.

But yes, he's essentially a 2C (or maybe 3C) on a lot of teams at this point.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Malkin had 74 points in 55 games the previous season. And after a rough start last year, he was over a point per game. The *only* thing working against him is he's injury prone. But he's still a point per game+ player when he plays.

But yes, he's essentially a 2C (or maybe 3C) on a lot of teams at this point.
That was 2 seasons ago and he didn't get younger or healthier by any means. His 8 goals in 33 games is extremely low though. Not only that but he was minus player. Its doubtful he will ever be a point per game player moving forward .
The biggest issue is the amount of $$$ those 8 goals cost and what they will cost in the future.
Cup teams are rarely built on nostalgic. For reference here list of players making approximately the same as malkin.
1. Kucherov
2.Rantanen
3. Ovechkin
4.marner
5.leon D

Notice anything about bang for the buck ? He is a mid level 2c on most teams who would demand more offensive output from his position. 8 goals isn't gonna cut it .

Eric J Rose

Aug 20, 2021
He will get more than what I feel he should which is $5-6 million for 5 years but I’m sure will be more than that. To injury prone anymore and makes to many costly mistakes and turnovers, add in I’ll timed penalties he’s taken last few years and I just feel he is absolutely overpaid on a team that needs to cut payroll anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad