Speculation: What does Malkin get for an AAV on his next contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
He should get a small cut and Letang will get a small raise

Geno is worth every penny healthy, but has only been able to consistently play 60+ games the last half decade

Matching AAV and term, something like 3 x 8M-8.5M to take them through the end of the Crosby deal

They won’t/shouldn’t lowball either player

This I could definitely see.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
think they should be cashing in that chip for whatever they can get for him . imagine in 4 years time paying him 9 million . that'll be a bitter pill to swallow . find a team willing to overpay for him and do a mini rebuild

Reactions: Habs Halifax

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
And if I were Malkin, I'd tell you to take that haircut and shove it up your ass.

stanley-shoveit.gif

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
He's going to be looking at Ovie contract for a comparable.

The Ovie contract is an abomination. As implied by the owner, there's more focus on the goal record than winning cups.

Penguins would be stupid to follow the same path.

3 years x 6 mil seems right.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
$6 mil is an insult to Malkin, he could easily get 8-10 mil on a 2-3 yr contract in the open market.

Durden Tyler

Dec 19, 2017
I would not be surprise if he take a 7.1m contract for like 3 year, but not dissapoint if under 8.5m, over that with his injury history it's way too risky for the pens. If he want another shot at a cup the Pens will need free agent help so the extra money take out that option.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
After Ovechkin got paid, I'd imagine Malkin would too, or else a deal would have been hashed out by now

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
7.1 x 3 years.

This is what I hope for. Goes for his number and gives us a discount.

Letang on the other side may be asking for a bit more and I think he gets it.

Durden Tyler

Dec 19, 2017
7.1 x 3 years.

This is what I hope for. Goes for his number and gives us a discount.

Letang on the other side may be asking for a bit more and I think he gets it.
read the other day an article in french saying Letang wanted to finish his career with the pens so don't think he will try to squeeze as much money as he can. So might not take a pay cut but should not break the bank either. With his style of play we may see a solid drop off in his game in the near futur as he won't be able to recover his mistake as easily.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Whatever it is ,I can see it being an overpay compared to his production moving forward. Yes he is a sure bet HOF player and was one of the most skilled and talented players in the league will result in him asking for 8 mil + . He was worth that before and more but not moving forward. Injuries and decline in play will not deserve 8 mil + .
I’m not saying it will be a huge overpay , just not really worth the $$ he will get based somewhat off his past performance and namesake and not his current production and worth .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad