Speculation: What does Malkin get for an AAV on his next contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Curious what you think Malkin AAV should be on his next contract. His current one ends next summer. If I were hextal, I’d have to ask malkin to take a haircut, like lose the bangs type of haircut and come in at a 7 mil caphit for 4 yrs?

thoughts?

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Let’s see how he looks from that injury… he could come out gangbusters for that Ovechkin extension… Malkin is that good

Reactions: Morrison and banks

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Curious what you think Malkin AAV should be on his next contract. His current one ends next summer. If I were hextal, I’d have to ask malkin to take a haircut, like lose the bangs type of haircut and come in at a 7 mil caphit for 4 yrs?

thoughts?
The simple answer is too much. Unless his game takes a massive 180 when he return ma from injury anything more than 6.5 is too much. The current bonehead pens management is less concerned about winning now and more concerned about revenue so anything is possible. As high as 11m perhaps. It's more about nostalgia and catering to malkin and and Letang than putting a competitive playoff team on the ice. This is the single biggest issue the pens biggest needs went unaddressed this off season. My prediction

Malkin 3 yrs @ 9 mil
Letang 3 yrs @ 7 mil

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
In reality I can see those numbers happening. Pitt should learn from LA and Chicago, know when to move on! Time and time again I see aging stars who won multiple cups sign for bigger money then the bottom falls out on those teams.

Reactions: Grumpy1

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
18 months ago he was coming off
55-25-49-74 171sog

I know he’s aging and coming off an injury… but he’s legitimately a hockey god

and the last time he had an injury season 37Pts in 43GP
He followed it up with a 75-50-59-109 331sog season

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He still performed like a $9-10M player when he was healthy over the past 3 years, but he misses 25% of the season every time and had a down year last year.

I’d say based on this he should come in at $7.5M

Reactions: abo9

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
3-4 years x $6,000,000 if he wants more, he can go elsewhere.
thats an insult to one of the greatest players of his generation. he'll be in the 8 range. but i got 2 questions. 1. why do you think he should get in the 6 million range and 2. why would you jettison him off he got more than 6 million.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
In reality I can see those numbers happening. Pitt should learn from LA and Chicago, know when to move on! Time and time again I see aging stars who won multiple cups sign for bigger money then the bottom falls out on those teams.

Its not like Chicago and LA though.

Toews did great in playoffs but 10.5M for him was always a lot, even before decline.

Doughty clearly has lost a step.

Malkin scored at a 110 point pace the season before last. He's still elite, at his age. Crosby was just a Lindsay finalist, still elite. Different caliber of players than Chicago or LA.

I do think Malkin needs to "show" what he has left this season. I suspect he can still play at a 90-100+ point pace, and if so there's no way he gets less than ~8-9M$ imo. Depending on length, could be slightly more

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
He should get a small cut and Letang will get a small raise

Geno is worth every penny healthy, but has only been able to consistently play 60+ games the last half decade

Matching AAV and term, something like 3 x 8M-8.5M to take them through the end of the Crosby deal

They won’t/shouldn’t lowball either player

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

thoughts?

And if I were Malkin, I'd tell you to take that haircut and shove it up your ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad