Proposal: What Do You Think That MacT Can Get In Return For Hemsky And Horcoff?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Hemsky for Columbus' first round pick from LA would be great. Oilers keep 1M in salary.

Horcoff...he only moves if he's flexible and expands beyond 10 teams. I can see Washington having mild interest if they can dump a contract back.

Moneypuck

Aug 12, 2009
Could be in for a surprise this summer with these two. I see them dragging themselves back to town in the fall again. Way too many bodies available in the coming weeks with buyouts and free agency. With both being so overpaid, they're not high on anyones list i'm sure.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Hemsky and a conditional 2nd 2015 for Zack Smith, JOB, 3rd rounder

That's the type of trade this team should make.

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
Hemsky for Columbus' first round pick from LA would be great. Oilers keep 1M in salary.

Horcoff...he only moves if he's flexible and expands beyond 10 teams. I can see Washington having mild interest if they can dump a contract back.

Horcoff for Jeff Schultz.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Maybe Horcoff and Peckham for Jeff Schultz and Brooks Laich.

As much as I don't want Jeff Schultz, I take this deal. Laich would be a very good 3rd liner, lots of money but he can chip in with a fair amount of offense. Plus Jeff Schultz would help us collect all the Schultz's!

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
As much as I don't want Jeff Schultz, I take this deal. Laich would be a very good 3rd liner, lots of money but he can chip in with a fair amount of offense. Plus Jeff Schultz would help us collect all the Schultz's!

John Banner is on our neg list.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Could be in for a surprise this summer with these two. I see them dragging themselves back to town in the fall again. Way too many bodies available in the coming weeks with buyouts and free agency. With both being so overpaid, they're not high on anyones list i'm sure.

Stop it. :laugh:

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

There's Ian Schultz who did quite good when playing for the Hitmen. Not especially with his new team. Alberta boy of size as well.

If we were collecting Smiths and Smyths and Smithsons we would have 3 full lines including goal!

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
A bag of pucks. Why would anyone give him any good return when you know they are being traded? They'll just wait him out, unless of course they want to dump a salary.

LOL what? What kind of logic is this? You think GMs don't know from other GMs who is available? How do you think trades happen? "I'll give you what I've written on this piece of paper, for whatever you've got written on that piece of paper and a 2nd round draft pick."?

"They'll just wait him out"... and then what? Wait out what? You know what'll happen if nobody offers a decent return for either player? They'll both return next year, just like they did last year, as have many other players whose teams tried to trade them but couldn't find a suitor. It's also the most likely outcome that at least 1 of them doesn't actually get traded despite the GMs intentions, but at least they'll know that their GM tried.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
I could see Hemsky having some trade value on a team that's not expected to make the playoffs - he can provide some entertainment for the fans, take some offensive pressure off of some developing players, help the team make the cap floor, and if he gets injured maybe it saves them a bit of money in the end.

I don't think a playoff team is taking his cap hit along with the chances that he won't be healthy at the end of the season. Look for a solid, veteran defense-first player with a high-end salary for a non-scorer if he does get moved is my guess. Kind of like what Todd Marchant was when he left here but more of a 4th line version.

TBH, as a 2nd line rw I think he has a lot more value here than as trade bait. The Oilers are not winning the cup next year, Yak and Eberle have a shload of trade value and neither one is a 2nd line rw. Moving one of those two would take some serious stones tho, it's easily the kind of thing that can end a gm's career in a hurry.

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
I could see Hemsky having some trade value on a team that's not expected to make the playoffs - he can provide some entertainment for the fans, take some offensive pressure off of some developing players, help the team make the cap floor, and if he gets injured maybe it saves them a bit of money in the end.

I don't think a playoff team is taking his cap hit along with the chances that he won't be healthy at the end of the season. Look for a solid, veteran defense-first player with a high-end salary for a non-scorer if he does get moved is my guess. Kind of like what Todd Marchant was when he left here but more of a 4th line version.

TBH, as a 2nd line rw I think he has a lot more value here than as trade bait. The Oilers are not winning the cup next year, Yak and Eberle have a shload of trade value and neither one is a 2nd line rw. Moving one of those two would take some serious stones tho, it's easily the kind of thing that can end a gm's career in a hurry.

WTF? You're saying every team should only have 1 elite RW? I so disagree.

The Perfect Human*

WTF? You're saying every team should only have 1 elite RW? I so disagree.

I'd rather have a #1C, #2C, #1RW, and #1LW in place than #1C, #1RWx2, #1LW.

Good teams win with balance and getting the most out of people playing in their proper roles.

That's the Boston model (Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Bergeron) against the ANA model (Getzlaf, Perry+Selanne, Ryan).

A #2C is arguably more valuable than a #1W in my mind to a team's success. A good #1C is the most paramount forward, of course.

eg) to me Richards was more valuable than Williams/Brown for LAK. Bergeron more important than Lucic/Horton. Malkin more important than Kunitz/Guerin, Datsyuk more valuable then Franzen/Hudler. Getzlaf more important than Kunitz/Selanne. Brindamour more important than Stillman-Whitney.

thinlizzy

Mar 9, 2013
Greiger on the radio talking with Calgary radio station said that no owner is going to give any prospect, pick etc and they are waiting until either Hemsky or Horcoff is bought out Mac T should have kept his cards hidden.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Greiger on the radio talking with Calgary radio station said that no owner is going to give any prospect, pick etc and they are waiting until either Hemsky or Horcoff is bought out Mac T should have kept his cards hidden.

Why would we buy out Hemsky? That would be stupid IMO so they can keep on waiting.

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
I'd rather have a #1C, #2C, #1RW, and #1LW in place than #1C, #1RWx2, #1LW.

Good teams win with balance and getting the most out of people playing in their proper roles.

That's the Boston model (Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Bergeron) against the ANA model (Getzlaf, Perry+Selanne, Ryan).

A #2C is arguably more valuable than a #1W in my mind to a team's success. A good #1C is the most paramount forward, of course.

eg) to me Richards was more valuable than Williams/Brown for LAK. Bergeron more important than Lucic/Horton. Malkin more important than Kunitz/Guerin, Datsyuk more valuable then Franzen/Hudler. Getzlaf more important than Kunitz/Selanne. Brindamour more important than Stillman-Whitney.

What I want or wish is 2 LW, 2 RW #1C #2C so in other words 6 elite level top 6 forwards. I know there is a salary cap but it's going to go back up to over 70M. As long as the cap hit for the top 2 line is under 33-35M then the Oilers are fine. Like I said in other threads the Oilers won a bunch of useless wins down the stretch. They would've had a top 3 pick which would guarantee them MacK or Barkov. You need elite secondary scoring to win in this league.

Hall RNH Eberle
XX MacK/Barkov Yakupov

Having an elite #2C with no elite finisher (#2LW or #2RW) makes no sense.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France

I swear, i thought you were talking about the oilers :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad