Proposal: What Do You Think That MacT Can Get In Return For Hemsky And Horcoff?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Oct 15, 2008
Of course their is. You bring Hemsky back and trade him during the season. Buying out Hemsky is one of the worst ideas I've heard

Seems to me they dont want Hemsky back or maybe he told them he doesnt want to come back. Either way, it doesnt look like he will be back.

Under your scenario you bring him back and he gets hurt and you cant trade him anyway.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Seems to me they dont want Hemsky back or maybe he told them he doesnt want to come back. Either way, it doesnt look like he will be back.

Under your scenario you bring him back and he gets hurt and you cant trade him anyway.

Pshaw. What are the chances that Hemsky gets injured. :sarcasm:

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Here are my destinations for these two players.

Horcoff - The Leafs
Hemksky - The Canadians

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Greiger on the radio talking with Calgary radio station said that no owner is going to give any prospect, pick etc and they are waiting until either Hemsky or Horcoff is bought out Mac T should have kept his cards hidden.

Gregor has no clue about Hockey serious some of his ideas are so out to lunch its funny .

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Greiger on the radio talking with Calgary radio station said that no owner is going to give any prospect, pick etc and they are waiting until either Hemsky or Horcoff is bought out Mac T should have kept his cards hidden.

So it makes sense to trade for a pending UFA like Streit, just so you can negotiate with him first before anyone else can talk to him but teams will wait for a player to be bought out so they can compete for his services with 28 other teams?

If a team wants Hemsky, they will trade for him, not wait for him to be bought out.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Then you sit him in the pressbox until you find a buyer. Someone who strikes out in free agency will take him

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Gregor has no clue about Hockey serious some of his ideas are so out to lunch its funny .

Gregor is an idiot when it comes to hockey.

But the post is stating that Gregor was talking to radio guys down in Calgary who said that no one is going to give the Oilers anything for Hemsky and Horcoff.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Mac T has made it pretty evident that SH and AH won't be with the team in Sept so there is not a lot of options available.

Did he not say "we could see ourselves welcoming them back if the situation calls for it" (extremely paraphrased)?

When I listened to his presser I heard a caveat saying that we still could end up with Hemsky and Horcoff on the roster come opening night.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
LOL what? What kind of logic is this? You think GMs don't know from other GMs who is available? How do you think trades happen? "I'll give you what I've written on this piece of paper, for whatever you've got written on that piece of paper and a 2nd round draft pick."?

"They'll just wait him out"... and then what? Wait out what? You know what'll happen if nobody offers a decent return for either player? They'll both return next year, just like they did last year, as have many other players whose teams tried to trade them but couldn't find a suitor. It's also the most likely outcome that at least 1 of them doesn't actually get traded despite the GMs intentions, but at least they'll know that their GM tried.

The option not to trade brings up the value.

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
The Horcoff trade is somewhat surprising in that no salary needed to be retained. But MacT having to take on the $1M Larsen salary dump, is more or less the same thing. The net effect is that Horcoff was traded as a $3M per year player.

As for Hemsky eventual trade, MacT is competing against players like Boyes, Raymond, and Brunner, who are similar players. They may cost their new teams less than Hemsky ($5M for 1 yr) in cap space but more in total dollars. So MacT may not have to take on a cap dump or retain salary unlike the Horcoff trade. If he does take on salary in the Hemsky trade, I'm guessing he will try to make it part of deal that returns a big winger, even if that meaty winger is overpaid.

Blacktape

Aug 3, 2003
Saskatoon
I would love to see the Hemsky off to the wings. His game would be a good fit if combined with Cleary. But then again, His $ is probably too high for a trade for them.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Agree that Larsen is a dump - not a fan of prospects that regress (Kadri is proving me wrong tho).

However, Hemsky > Boyes, Raymond, Brunner (especially him - Wings fans think little of him) so the salary is fair. Hemsky is Havlat-lite.

As others have mentioned, 2nd is about fair value. The question is - is the second worth not having Hemmer around? IMO no. We have cap space and not enough NHL regulars - I don't consider Lander, Acton, R.Hamilton, JJ, etc. regulars.

The Horcoff trade is somewhat surprising in that no salary needed to be retained. But MacT having to take on the $1M Larsen salary dump, is more or less the same thing. The net effect is that Horcoff was traded as a $3M per year player.

As for Hemsky eventual trade, MacT is competing against players like Boyes, Raymond, and Brunner, who are similar players. They may cost their new teams less than Hemsky ($5M for 1 yr) in cap space but more in total dollars. So MacT may not have to take on a cap dump or retain salary unlike the Horcoff trade. If he does take on salary in the Hemsky trade, I'm guessing he will try to make it part of deal that returns a big winger, even if that meaty winger is overpaid.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Gregor is an idiot when it comes to hockey.

But the post is stating that Gregor was talking to radio guys down in Calgary who said that no one is going to give the Oilers anything for Hemsky and Horcoff.
insert price is right wrong loser sound.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
agree that larsen is a dump - not a fan of prospects that regress (kadri is proving me wrong tho).

However, hemsky > boyes, raymond, brunner (especially him - wings fans think little of him) so the salary is fair. hemsky is havlat-lite.

As others have mentioned, 2nd is about fair value. The question is - is the second worth not having hemmer around? Imo no. We have cap space and not enough nhl regulars - i don't consider lander, acton, r.hamilton, jj, etc. Regulars.

lol .

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Larsen played a lot of games on a defense that was likely better than ours last year. I don't have a lot of expectations for him but I'm not ready to write him off until I see him play here and how he stacks up to the other D that we have.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Larsen played a lot of games on a defense that was likely better than ours last year. I don't have a lot of expectations for him but I'm not ready to write him off until I see him play here and how he stacks up to the other D that we have.

I just don't see a fit. I can't see him being better than both Klefbom AND Belov, and I'd rather use Potter as the #7. Imo, he's down in OKC, but is the first callup

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Hemsky for a 2nd? That would suck major ass at this point. I was hoping he could be bundled with another spare part (which the Oilers have craploads of at this point) to help fill a key spot in the lineup.

I'm probably dreaming but Hemsky + NSchultz would be an ideal package to ship out... some offense and a stay at home dman... what team could refuse that deluxe package for a surplus of a gritty winger they may have laying around collecting dust. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad