What do you drive?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Just bought the wife a 2024 VW Atlas Cross Sport. Nice ride.

View attachment 876265
My parents are looking at one of these right now. Gorgeous rigs.

I'm looking to trade in my Jeep next year for the new Charger (Six pack twin turbo) - That said, I'm nervous as hell at how expensive they'll be. That, and the interest rates across the board are filthy right now.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
@TheGreenTBer I finally bought a diesel LOL

2005 Dodge 2500 Heavy Duty with a 5.9 Cummins. ISB common rail injection.

Paint is faded, it has a couple of issues, but pulled it off my neighbor for 8k, so pretty decent deal for a pre-emissions diesel. Especially for a 5.9. Should be a fun project.

1718133320139.png

• Love
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Love it! Auto or manual?
sadly it's an auto.

there was only one manual for sale within a few hundo miles of my house and it was like 26k.

these autos are trash and i fully expect to rebuild it at some point. giving her a shakedown over the next couple weeks and will start tackling stuff 1-by-1.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
sadly it's an auto.

there was only one manual for sale within a few hundo miles of my house and it was like 26k.

these autos are trash and i fully expect to rebuild it at some point. giving her a shakedown over the next couple weeks and will start tackling stuff 1-by-1.
Only kind of trannies I mess with are the ones with dicks tbh

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I was on vacation and a 1984 Ferrari 308 pulled into the gas station. I was so god damn horned up...

Chatted with the guy about it for a bit. One of the nicest cars I've ever seen in person. I definitely have to win the lottery...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Remember when even the average car had its own personality?
Now, over half the cars on the road ago look the same. The crossovers are the worst. You could see 5 different make/ model crossovers and if the badging wasn't there, you'd assume they were the exact same brand.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My ride. 1990 Dakota Convertible. 1 of 900ish (1990) 1 of 3000ish over three year production

I had no idea something like this even existed. One of the coolest vehicles I've seen in a long-time. If I could afford a classic vehicle it would be a older (70s/80s) single cab truck with a short box and flare sides so this Dakota convertible appeals to me a great deal.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The Cross sport is the 5 seater. Quite sporty.

View attachment 896983

I just bought a used 2020 Acura ILX that was being sold at a Volkswagen dealership. Spent a fair bit of time in their showroom and was impressed by the overall quality of their vehicles. Nice interiors, sharp exteriors. I would of considered buying one if I wasn't so in love with Honda's old school non-turbo engines.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
How do you like the Bronco? 2.3 or 2.7?

Going to be pulling the trigger on a 2.7L Badlands soon.
2.7 Outerbanks w/ Sasquatch package and a few other goodies

I don’t mind it but I also don’t love it, it’s fun but also feels like it was built cheaply/poorly

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
2.7 Outerbanks w/ Sasquatch package and a few other goodies

I don’t mind it but I also don’t love it, it’s fun but also feels like it was built cheaply/poorly
Thank you
Good to know.

Interior wise, or mechanical issues?

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Thank you
Good to know.

Interior wise, or mechanical issues?
Mechanically it’s been good but I don’t abuse it or really do a lot of off-roading with it. It’s two years old and has a total of 8,000kms on it. (Roughly 5,000 miles)

Has a premium sound system that sounds terrible.
Interior plastics scratch just from looking at them.
Loud road noise.(but it’s a soft top so that’s to be expected)

Maybe I am being picky but for the price I expected a little more, they have they feel of a vehicle that’s rushed through the QC process to meet the demand.

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Mechanically it’s been good but I don’t abuse it or really do a lot of off-roading with it. It’s two years old and has a total of 8,000kms on it. (Roughly 5,000 miles)

Maybe I am being picky but for the price I expected a little more, they have they feel of a vehicle that’s rushed through the QC process to meet the demand.

Yea they certainly aren't cheap. Paused this past weekend due to the price of 58k and it feels like a mid 40k truck max.

Still searching/hoping ford gives more incentives

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
IMG_0007.jpeg
2022 Jeep Wrangler. Love it, gets me to the trail head of every hike I go on, and to work the three days of the year it snows out here, can’t ask for much more!

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack (me)
Acura MDX A-Spec (her)
RAM 1500 Classic (me)

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Heard similar reviews, one reviewer said there was a rattle that they couldn't find - I think his quote was it sounded like there was a team of elves banging around in the roof. Ford has taken a few hits in the quality department lately, the Lightening was a big PR mess for them in terms of quality, fit and finish. Super sharp looking truck (Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch package), I was considering buying one but out of fear of quality issues I walked away from buying it. The tires on it probably have a lot to do with the road noise?

Road noise is one of my pet peeves, many people avoid Dodge/RAM for perceived quality issues. I've owned Dodge /RAM's products since 2016 and knock on wood, I've never had a major issue, there is zero road noise in my Challenger and RAM and they are just comfortable. There is more road noise in my wife's Acura which is considered a luxury SUV vs either of my Challenger/RAM.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Heard similar reviews, one reviewer said there was a rattle that they couldn't find - I think his quote was it sounded like there was a team of elves banging around in the roof. Ford has taken a few hits in the quality department lately, the Lightening was a big PR mess for them in terms of quality, fit and finish. Super sharp looking truck (Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch package), I was considering buying one but out of fear of quality issues I walked away from buying it. The tires on it probably have a lot to do with the road noise?

Road noise is one of my pet peeves, many people avoid Dodge/RAM for perceived quality issues. I've owned Dodge /RAM's products since 2016 and knock on wood, I've never had a major issue, there is zero road noise in my Challenger and RAM and they are just comfortable. There is more road noise in my wife's Acura which is considered a luxury SUV vs either of my Challenger/RAM.
I was religiously a Toyota guy which was damn near flawless but it was time to branch out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00