What’s got you jacked the most?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Excited? nothing really. Intrigued by:

-How does Elias Lindholm look with Pastrnak. I've been a fan of Lindholm going back to his time in Carolina

-Development of Poitras & Lohrei. Both guys could be key cogs on this team for years to come

-Can Korpisalo find his game with goalie Bob and a good Bruins team. I've been in the minority that hasn't hated the addition of Korpisalo

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The unknown. We had this last season too with the real end of an era with Bergy and Krej retiring, but it feels even more pronounced this year. A handful of new faces in significant positions, bigger, meaner bodies, the continued emergence of Pasta, Chucky and Carlo as team leaders, Sway as 'the man' in net, kids either hopefully fully coming into their own - Lohrei, Poitras and Beecher - or making their first impressions like Lysell.

How all this will pan out we really don't know. Most people just assume that the team will get more physical and truculent, but it's not as simple as just plugging in some tough guys. The whole team and the coaches have to buy into wanting to play that way to really make it effective. With the possible exception of Beecher we don't know what the ceiling is for all of the youngsters, or just how they'll develop or in some cases whether they'll make it work at all. Sway thinks he's got what it takes to handle the pressure and workload of an undisputed no. 1, we have enough evidence to suggest he's right, but does he really? How will Lindholm and Zadorov perform in the black and gold? Just what will the D look like? Who other than Pasta is going to score with any sort of consistency? And what will we see from Monty in a year where his contract is due to expire?

All sorts of interest there, and the sum of it is I'm just excited to see what happens. If the Bruins are not a playoff team I'll be shocked, but just what the journey looks like to get there could take all sorts of forms.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Just able to watch hockey again. Since I am not a baseball fan, it’s a long few months before Pats, Bruins and Celtics play. Luckily this summer I got my competition fix from the Olympics, but usually around mid August I start to have sports withdrawal.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Just able to watch hockey again. Since I am not a baseball fan, it’s a long few months before Pats, Bruins and Celtics play. Luckily this summer I got my competition fix from the Olympics, but usually around mid August I start to have sports withdrawal.
I second this. Golf season ending, I'm ready for football and hockey to start already

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hockey is my only sport so I am really looking forward to it starting

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not to piss in everyone's cheerios here, but the people talking about the Zadorov signing and his physicality should be aware that Connor Clifton has out hit Zadorovo 568 to 532 the last 3 seasons. It's even worse if you just look at the last 2 years, FWIW.

Sometimes you wish for something so hard you ignore the reality of it all. He's a bottom pairing defenseman that is being paid 5 mill per for 6 years. That's an anchor of a contract for a guy in that spot. Especially one that has seen his hit totals go down year over year for the last 4 seasons. But hey, he's physical. Also, LOFL at the Clifton isn't worth 3.3 mill per that are celebrating this guy at 5 mill per.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad