What’s got you jacked the most?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Not to piss in everyone's cheerios here, but the people talking about the Zadorov signing and his physicality should be aware that Connor Clifton has out hit Zadorovo 568 to 532 the last 3 seasons. It's even worse if you just look at the last 2 years, FWIW.

Sometimes you wish for something so hard you ignore the reality of it all. He's a bottom pairing defenseman that is being paid 5 mill per for 6 years. That's an anchor of a contract for a guy in that spot. Especially one that has seen his hit totals go down year over year for the last 4 seasons. But hey, he's physical. Also, LOFL at the Clifton isn't worth 3.3 mill per that are celebrating this guy at 5 mill per.

I think I'd rather get hit by Clifton.

Excited to see what the Bruins look like with Bussi and Korpisalo in goal.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think I'd rather get hit by Clifton.

Exited to see what the Bruins look like with Bussi and Korpisalo in goal.
Yikes, that's a really questionable tandem in net. Secondly, you're talking about over a hundred more hits the last 2 years for Cliffy than Zad. I get Zadorov is bigger, but he's trending down in hits over the last 5 seasons. Sometimes the physicality catches up to you, despite the size.

Seeing as they're nickel and diming their best goalie, yet had no issues ponying up an overpay for a bottom pairing defenseman, I question what the thought process behind their decision making is. It's questionable at best, IMO.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
"Jacked" is probably the wrong word for me. Curious, is probably a better description.

I'm Curious to see if Lohrei can continue his progression and be a top pairing Dman with Charlie Mac.
I'm Curious to see if E. Lindholm has a bounce back year as our 1C.
I'm Curious to see if Poitras and Lysell make the squad out of camp and can survive a full season in the NHL.
I'm Curious to see how our goaltending situation pans out.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dryden, ON
Not to piss in everyone's cheerios here, but the people talking about the Zadorov signing and his physicality should be aware that Connor Clifton has out hit Zadorovo 568 to 532 the last 3 seasons. It's even worse if you just look at the last 2 years, FWIW.

Sometimes you wish for something so hard you ignore the reality of it all. He's a bottom pairing defenseman that is being paid 5 mill per for 6 years. That's an anchor of a contract for a guy in that spot. Especially one that has seen his hit totals go down year over year for the last 4 seasons. But hey, he's physical. Also, LOFL at the Clifton isn't worth 3.3 mill per that are celebrating this guy at 5 mill per.
Interesting, I didn’t realize that. I think it’s the intimidation factor between those two, though. I’d bet my bank account most guys are more afraid to get run over by Zadorov than Clifton. Not saying Clifton doesn’t hit to hurt either, but Zadorov’s hits are nasty and he’s got like 7 inches and 60 lbs on Cliffy. The quality of his hits are what people, myself included, are excited about. We can’t forget that Anthony Richard had a 9-hit game last year (oh wait, we all did forget because they weren’t impactful at all lol).

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

I'm a big Clifton fan but Zadorov has another 7 inches and 50lbs to hit with. He was also getting 20+ min a night in the playoffs which doesn't scream "bottom pair".

But seeing as this is your only post in the thread "what's got you jacked the most" can we assume you are most jacked to piss in people's cheerios all year?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm a big Clifton fan but Zadorov has another 7 inches and 50lbs to hit with. He was also getting 20+ min a night in the playoffs which doesn't scream "bottom pair".

But seeing as this is your only post in the thread "what's got you jacked the most" can we assume you are most jacked to piss in people's cheerios all year?
No debbie downer here. Simply pointing out that hitting isn't the answer. It's intention behind the hits and the ability to really lay into someone that can change the game and make players shy away from one side of the ice. I also think that Clifton got criminally underrated here by the physicality crowd, so I wanted to share the raw numbers and give Cliffy hockey some love.

As for what I'm excited about next season is the progression of Lohrei. I wasn't sold on him initially, but really loved what I saw from him last year, especially his progression on the defensive side. If he continues that, he could be a real stud.

Interesting, I didn’t realize that. I think it’s the intimidation factor between those two, though. I’d bet my bank account most guys are more afraid to get run over by Zadorov than Clifton. Not saying Clifton doesn’t hit to hurt either, but Zadorov’s hits are nasty and he’s got like 7 inches and 60 lbs on Cliffy. The quality of his hits are what people, myself included, are excited about. We can’t forget that Anthony Richard had a 9-hit game last year (oh wait, we all did forget because they weren’t impactful at all lol).
He's a big boy and he's generally used his size well over the course of his career. Hopefully he takes some of the pressure off the more skilled guys and frees them up to do what they do best.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
No debbie downer here. Simply pointing out that hitting isn't the answer. It's intention behind the hits and the ability to really lay into someone that can change the game and make players shy away from one side of the ice. I also think that Clifton got criminally underrated here by the physicality crowd, so I wanted to share the raw numbers and give Cliffy hockey some love.

As for what I'm excited about next season is the progression of Lohrei. I wasn't sold on him initially, but really loved what I saw from him last year, especially his progression on the defensive side. If he continues that, he could be a real stud.
Agree on both those guys.

Lorhei looked laughably lost in some of those preseason games last year, but by the end of the season he was legit borderline game changer.

As for Clifton, can you imagine if anyone in the game played the way he does but had Zadorov's size? Holy schinkes!

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

He was easily Vancouver's best dman in the playoffs, and that comes from Canuck fans. He was excellent in both ends of the ice. To have a defenseman who is as physically intimidating as they come in today's hockey will be a welcome addition to this team. His problem has always been consistency, but when on his game he can play in a top pairing, Sweeney knew what he was doing when he acquired him, he gives this team legitimate muscle and guys like McAvoy will really appreciate having others do more of the heavy lifting.

Reactions: Gordoff and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Lorhei looked laughably lost in some of those preseason games last year, but by the end of the season he was legit borderline game changer.

As for Clifton, can you imagine if anyone in the game played the way he does but had Zadorov's size? Holy schinkes!
That’s the thing about hitting. It's not the size of the guy, it's the willingness to do it. Attitude is always far more important than how big you are. Now that being said, if you're talking about a guy that's 190 lbs and under 6 feet vs a dude that's 6'6" 250, and they're both willing to lay the body, you want the guy with size all day long. But I absolutely agree with you that Cliffy's attitude about laying the lumber is top notch compared to most players in the league. He loves it and he uses his leverage very well.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

If both play a solid game, it’s a win. Zadorov shouldn’t go out hunting and Lohrei should keep continuing his calm play with some PP time soon. They have more physical guys also. They’re shouldn’t be a need for an enforcer.

Reactions: Over the volcano

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He was easily Vancouver's best dman in the playoffs, and that comes from Canuck fans. He was excellent in both ends of the ice. To have a defenseman who is as physically intimidating as they come in today's hockey will be a welcome addition to this team. His problem has always been consistency, but when on his game he can play in a top pairing, Sweeney knew what he was doing when he acquired him, he gives this team legitimate muscle and guys like McAvoy will really appreciate having others do more of the heavy lifting.
But he's failed to do so for his career, which is why he plays like 17-18 minutes a night. I'm all for being excited about the guy, but let's be honest too. He's never been a player that's broken though to play anything but bottom pairing minutes. It's who he is.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Can they be pricks? I want them to be pricks. So bad. I miss everybody complaining about the Bruins being pricks. People still complain about it but it's empty words because we all saw how pathetically melted butter soft they were.

I want the complaints. I want everybody to be right. I want to laugh in their face because I know how insecure and sad they are about their own favorite teams. I want my cockiness to have merit.

Then I will be jacked. The most.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That’s the thing about hitting. It's not the size of the guy, it's the willingness to do it. Attitude is always far more important than how big you are. Now that being said, if you're talking about a guy that's 190 lbs and under 6 feet vs a dude that's 6'6" 250, and they're both willing to lay the body, you want the guy with size all day long. But I absolutely agree with you that Cliffy's attitude about laying the lumber is top notch compared to most players in the league. He loves it and he uses his leverage very well.

I love Cliffy Hockey. High risk? Sure. High reward? Absolutely, especially before the end of his time w/Boston. IMO his decision making as to when to go for the big hit improved a great deal. I was sorry to see him go.

What am I jacked about? Hockey is back, what more do I need???? :dunno:

ZamboniGoalie

Jan 4, 2024
That defense corps has got me all jazzed up! Can't wait to watch them late season and in the playoffs. If they can stay healthy, the rest of the NHL is going to hate playing against the B's!!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I love Cliffy Hockey. High risk? Sure. High reward? Absolutely, especially before the end of his time w/Boston. IMO his decision making as to when to go for the big hit improved a great deal. I was sorry to see him go.

What am I jacked about? Hockey is back, what more do I need???? :dunno:
Absolutely! I hate the dead of summer when all you have is MLB and that’s only if your team is even still in the race. The fall when the nfl, nhl, and nba start up is the best. Especially when hockey gets going.,

Reactions: BMC

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yikes, that's a really questionable tandem in net. Secondly, you're talking about over a hundred more hits the last 2 years for Cliffy than Zad. I get Zadorov is bigger, but he's trending down in hits over the last 5 seasons. Sometimes the physicality catches up to you, despite the size.

Seeing as they're nickel and diming their best goalie, yet had no issues ponying up an overpay for a bottom pairing defenseman, I question what the thought process behind their decision making is. It's questionable at best, IMO.
There are how many threads where we can complain or discuss what is wrong with this team...surely the thread "Whats got you jacked (excited) the most " doesn't have to be another one does it?

Instead of posting the exact opposite, what has you the most jacked?

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Looking forward to watching hockey again but crazy as it sounds , what I'm really pumped for is the PO's.

This is a team built for the PO's , I think they'll hover at around the same pace as last season during the regular season.
I expect them to excel in the PO's. I'll have to wait but that's what I'm looking most forward too.

Reactions: Gordoff

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
-If Lysell and Merkulov can make the team
-What will become of Swayman and his new contract with the heavier load and how he performs along with Korpi as his backup
-Chemistry between Lindholm and Pasta
-Team toughness
-How the D pairings eventually become what they become

On as side note if Wilson and Fields can be a real QB for the Steelers. . . . .

All in all just for the NHL and NFL to start, I miss sports and I am golfed out. . . . .

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
There are how many threads where we can complain or discuss what is wrong with this team...surely the thread "Whats got you jacked (excited) the most " doesn't have to be another one does it?

Instead of posting the exact opposite, what has you the most jacked?
I gave what has me excited in the thread. But when someone says they’re excited that the starting goalie isn’t signed and he’s pumped to see a reclamation project and an AHL player as their net tandem, you don’t get to question that? Isn’t that what this entire site is based on? A hockey discussion?

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Zadorov.

I know some people aren't sure about him but I firmly believe this is a guy that has just come into his own in terms of a complete game and he will be a dominant force that will elevate this D core into an elite group.
He's also going to lay some people out and that will also be awesome. (Big Bad Bruins back is the other thing, but you said pick one)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad