Confirmed with Link: Wes Clark leaves the Leafs for promotion with the Penguins

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Shit

Oh man this really hurts.

Why?

Almost every team finds a diamond in the rough. Outside of 2 players he really hasn't drafted that well.
Other teams are finding players like Wyatt Jhonston, JJ Paterka, Poitras as well. Like we have found Knies and Robertsson

Reality is, that 2020 draft, we drafted 11 players. Outside of what could have been Amirov(RIP) not a single player looks like they are going to make any dent in NHL

2021 draft just Knies

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Did Wes worked for the Soo? :sarcasm:
You put sarcasm but he literally did when Dubas was there :laugh:.

1720538511154.png

Last edited:

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Why?

Almost every team finds a diamond in the rough. Outside of 2 players he really hasn't drafted that well.
Other teams are finding players like Wyatt Jhonston, JJ Paterka, Poitras as well. Like we have found Knies and Robertsson

Reality is, that 2020 draft, we drafted 11 players. Outside of what could have been Amirov(RIP) not a single player looks like they are going to make any dent in NHL

2021 draft just Knies

Those drafts weren't Clark.

Clark was still in Florida with Joyce. They came to the Leafs in summer of 2021. At one point I was hoping Joyce would take Dubas' spot if he got fired.

Too bad Dubas won that boardroom battle.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
As questionable as our drafting has or hasn't been, Calgary's on the surface looks horrendous during Treliving's time there. Whatever we do to replace Wes Clark, I just hope it is much better than whatever Treliving instituted there.

I think Calgary drafted pretty well (without refreshing my memory on their picks), it is everything else that Treliving sucks at.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
We all knew this was coming.
Wes is close to Dubas.

Let’s see how the leafs respond.

Losing Wes is a loss for sure.

I’m Tre we trust ….

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Was never impressed with this guy. Yeah he's made a couple of picks (Knies and Cowan) but IMO he has his head in the same clouds as Dubas. This year's reach is Danford. He probably could have moved down again and got him. I won't miss him.

I know this concept is hard for people to understand on this board, but moving down requires another team to accept the trade.

I am pretty sure they tried this with Cowan last year and no one wanted to trade so they took their guy.

Our board always wants the team to hold onto picks and make the selection they want, and then when they do, people question why they didn't trade down if they were going to select that player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad