Confirmed with Link: Wes Clark leaves the Leafs for promotion with the Penguins

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It sucks, but it happens.

He was a Dubas guy, not a Tre guy. Not exactly surprising he opted to move to the one who he liked more.

A real shame though, the last few drafts have seen the Leafs do some interesting moves with amateur scouting. Cowan, Knies ect.

Pressure is on Tre to find a strong replacement

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's the nature of the business. Someone else will come in and do work. The Leafs had a very bloated front office for awhile. I would not be surprised if a few more people leave for promotions or to change things up.

Treliving will bring in some people he's familiar with or promote someone from within. I suspect someone like Jim Roque might be on high on the list to become the new boss of the scouts.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Good luck to him. Seemed okay but the Cowan pick alone doesn't make him a genius. They won't miss a step. We'll see how much better the Solberg, Beaudoin, O'Rielly and Emery. No way Tre does that trade down without Clark telling him the best at #24 is nothing special.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Our top 10 prospect list is pretty pathetic actually. They need to do a far better job of drafting and developing talent

Also how many former leaf draft picks are making an impact on other teams? A lot of good players they let go for nothing

Part of that is due to the Leafs being a constant playoff team (later draft slots + opting to trade picks for rentals).

I think the Leafs scouting and development in recent years has done a pretty good job with what (little) they've had to work with

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Part of that is due to the Leafs being a constant playoff team (later draft slots + opting to trade picks for rentals).

I think the Leafs scouting and development in recent years has done a pretty good job with what (little) they've had to work with
True.

I guess Wes figured he'll get a bigger pay cheque down there but with Dubas in charge he'll have less work to do at the draft....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad