Useless Thread MDCCCXCVII: GOAT Novak Djokovic Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
stupid pixel forced me to pay 2 dollars a month for the google cloud service just so I could back up my photos

I dont like google photos but I guess I'll use it

Every so often, maybe once a week or month, I open the Photos app and there's this unavoidable popup asking me to sign up and enable cloud backup. I have to deselect the option so I can continue. There were even times where I tell it no, then it asks me what photos to backup.

Yeah, be persistently annoying about it, that will totally make me want to sign up.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Every so often, maybe once a week or month, I open the Photos app and there's this unavoidable popup asking me to sign up and enable cloud backup. I have to deselect the option so I can continue. There were even times where I tell it no, then it asks me what photos to backup.

Yeah, be persistently annoying about it, that will totally make me want to sign up.
I don't have a choice the Pixel doesn't have SD card slots I can't expand the memory

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
1721737974081.jpeg

Just move the photos off your phone.
I CAN'T

THE USB CABLE WON'T MOVE THEM WITHOUT GIVING AN ERROR

I HAVE TO USE THE CLOUD

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I tried one drive which uploaded my photos to an online drive which I could then transfer to the laptop downstairs. But every time I open one drive now it logs me out and always wants me to log in. And automatically disables backup by default. WTF is that shit.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Trying to renew my driver's license and it's such an unnecessary pain in the ass.

Can't do it online because I have to get this pointless Real ID shit. Can't schedule an appointment because they all get booked almost immediately.

Apparently they only do walk-ins after noon, but their website says nothing about that. The only reason I know is because of people writing reviews on Google.

Someone was nice enough to post the virtual line info on Google Maps, so I try to join the line 30 minutes before they open. Get told to come wait in the lobby until my number is called.

DMV website says "Walk-in wait times are not displayed Monday-Friday before 12 noon," so the person on Google Maps was wrong, great.

So what the f***, am I just supposed to go there and wait an indeterminate amount of time?

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I wish I could just plug a USB cable in and transfer all my pictures off to a computer. But of course whenever I do that it starts complaining whenever I move folders

"This folder is not available"

It is. I can see it on my phone.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I eagerly await them pushing back the Real ID deadline yet again.

9/11 was almost 25 years ago, and we're still trying to act like this bullshit is necessary?

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
they need real id to fly now

Trying to renew my driver's license and it's such an unnecessary pain in the ass.

Can't do it online because I have to get this pointless Real ID shit. Can't schedule an appointment because they all get booked almost immediately.

Apparently they only do walk-ins after noon, but their website says nothing about that. The only reason I know is because of people writing reviews on Google.

Someone was nice enough to post the virtual line info on Google Maps, so I try to join the line 30 minutes before they open. Get told to come wait in the lobby until my number is called.

DMV website says "Walk-in wait times are not displayed Monday-Friday before 12 noon," so the person on Google Maps was wrong, great.

So what the f***, am I just supposed to go there and wait an indeterminate amount of time?
DMV to you

1721738747748.png

@Fixed to Ruin

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I don't need my passport to travel domestically

Reading comprehension: 0/10

Once the Real ID crap goes into effect next year, you either need the Real ID or you can use your passport.

I wish I could just plug a USB cable in and transfer all my pictures off to a computer. But of course whenever I do that it starts complaining whenever I move folders

"This folder is not available"

It is. I can see it on my phone.

So move the files and not the folders.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
they had signs for years at the DMV and even sent me mail saying to get real id and that everyone was using it so like a shill I signed up a few years ago . now when I fly they just scan my ID and let me through.

are there privacy concerns yes

but IDC

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
living in a townhouse I have to deal with locked group mailboxes and the f***in lawn which won't stop growing weeds

tired 😩

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad