Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Craig on Hockey Central 960.....

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
No. Was going to happen no matter what.

For me, it's more so the rejection after the Tempe City Council voted in favor of it 7-0.

If the people you elected want it, shouldn't you want it too? Especially after every single living Mayor/former Mayor of Tempe endorsed the project as well.
That was the mistake the Coyotes made…assuming it was an easy win given the mayors, past and present, and TCC supported. Then they were badly outmaneuvered like a Rick Tocchet coached team and left dumbfounded when they lost….like Rick Tocchet.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tribes are the only partner that can get an arena done on the timeline needed. And they would need to announce something in the next thirty days.

Selling to Ishbia and emergency renovating the ice plant in Footprint also works time wise

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
OMG is it actually on fire again??

They're so f***ed.

#BoycottTempe y'all.

I was joking about the "garbage fire" being a metaphorical reference to today.

I hope you're not serious about boycotting Tempe. I'm 100 percent certain that vote would have fared just as poorly in Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Chandler, etc. it if was presented this way. Likely wouldn't have even made it through the City Council.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
If you don't know by now, Brahm Resnick from 12 News has covered every aspect of the Coyotes ownership stuff since the beginning. These voting stats should is something the Coyotes should have accounted for at the start of their selling of the arena.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
If you don't know by now, Brahm Resnick from 12 News has covered every aspect of the Coyotes ownership stuff since the beginning. These voting stats should is something the Coyotes should have accounted for at the start of their selling of the arena.

I'm four years away from 65+, and am horrified daily when I see my contemporaries living in the past. What's with all this newfangled stuff? Get off my lawn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad