Post-Game Talk: WEEK 8: Pats Fall to 2-6- Miami 31-New England 17

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think most people had them finishing last in the division, but now that it looks like it’s coming to fruition it’s hard to believe. It always felt like Belichick would find a way to squeeze out seven or eight wins minimum. Alas, here we are.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Yes. He’s the Phil Jackson of the nfl. Completely lucky to have had Brady drop in his lap and make him look good. Take Brady away and Bill turned back into the loser he was in Cleveland.
Tom Brady has nowhere near the career he does without Belichick as his coach, early in his career, either.

….and I think Brady would be the first guy to admit that.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Assuming the Chargers take care of business in the second half against the Bears, the Patriots will be in sole possession of last place in the conference. Unreal.
Excellent. Just need the Panthers who don't own their own pick to get a few Ws and then Giants and Bears.

Wish we hadn't beat Buffalo the Jets win was enough for me. Washington looked good against Philly earlier.

Wonder if Minnesota has any interest in Mac Jones?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
On the contrary, my friend. NOTHING will ever top what happened on January 12, 1986 at the Orange Bowl. That was the day I became a Patriots fan for life.

To this day, it is the biggest game the Patriots have ever played in Miami - and they WON. How many of those 41 wins would Miami fans trade to have that ONE in the win column? There are Dolphins fans even today who like to think Marino and his crew could have beaten Chicago in the Super Bowl that year, but the Patriots kicked the snot out of them and killed their Super Bowl dream and it was glorious.

As an aside, my wife and I initially bonded over our love of the Patriots. Had I not fallen in love with the Patriots that January day, I would never have even met and fallen in love with her.

Squish the Fish.
@rfournier103

I was working in Chicago that year The 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl I felt like I was the only Pats fan in Cook County.

Several Bears said after the Super Bowl they were convinced Miami did not want to face the Bears again after they had destroyed Chicago's perfect season at the Orange Bowl.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1698667002633.jpeg

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Even IF the Patriots have a top 3 pick they wont do shit. Bill will trade it for a future first and other picks
If he did his usual and traded down from Mac when he slipped we’d be in a better spot.

The only way i don’t mind him staying is if the picks so high he can’t trade out. Then you get an early second.

Smith Shuster and Parker traded this year would give me faith as well both absolute disasters.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Next week against Washington will be telling.

Does this team battle down to the wire and scrape together 6 wins? Or does the bottom completely fall out?

bottom out, big culture of losing with no accountability anywhere is acceptable now, no matter the result they get their paycheck. Same nonsense will be uttered by Mac and Bill as they march to the worst record in football

Reactions: quietbruinfan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bill being satisfied with this is appalling.
What's he going to say? I sucked putting this deeply flawed roster together and have coached like shit all season long? Way too vain to ever admit he's the problem.

Torn ACL for Bourne

There is ZERO reason to not sell anything possible. Sell, sell, sell. Tear this thing down to the studs.
That's too bad. I like Bourne and feel like he got a real shit deal by signing here.

Bills on the radio, same old story at 2-6, they could go to 2-10 and will still go with the noodle arm, its an exercise in masochism
It's really more of an indictment on his job as a GM, given he assembled the roster, including the QB's that aren't good enough to challenge a clearly limited player like Mac.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Does anybody need a coach at the deadline? Kraft trading Belichick at the deadline would be my ideal scenario. It's too bad coaches being traded never happens midseason like you see with European soccer managers getting up and leaving their club midseason if a bigger club comes calling.

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
Sadly as bad as they are, they are going to ruin any hope of a top 5 choice (IE a QB) with a 6-2 closeout( chiefs and buff losses) as the 6 wins are all against teams worse then them. 8 wins and we keep Andy Dalton and the best GM in football. This also means said GM will grab a center with the 8th pick and a ILB in the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad