Buffalo Bills Week 8 -- Buffalo (5-2) @ Seahawks (4-3) Sunday 10/27, 4:05 pm, Fox

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
He was a 4th! Moss and Singletary were the 3rd round RBs.
Do we expect a extra 3rd compensatory in 24 btw or 25 for that matter (crystal ball people ?

Davis went a little later because he is already 24 and bounced around programs imo.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I love love love love the idea of Cooper. But holy hell has he dropped a LOT of passes so far this year. Maybe this trade helps re-focus him.

And it only costs us a 3rd........so we still have our 1st and BOTH 2nds still!

Tidy, tidy piece of work by BBB.

And maybe we can get him to extend while he's here.
It's funny how many here are harping on the Jets for throwing away a 3rd pick for a top WR, but when the Bills do it it's amazing.

IMO this trade is just a reaction to missing out on Adams.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Do we expect a extra 3rd compensatory in 24 btw or 25 for that matter (crystal ball people ?

Davis went a little later because he is already 24 and bounced around programs imo.
OTC currently projects a 4th for Gabe and a 5th for Flloyd in the 2025 draft (next spring).

If Cooper walks and gets paid handsomely, and we don't otherwise sign more than we lose, I'd expect anywhere from a 3rd to a 5th. Douglas could also be a big FA loss for comp formula. These would be 2026 picks.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
It's funny how many here are harping on the Jets for throwing away a 3rd pick for a top WR, but when the Bills do it it's amazing.

........the Bills could LITERALLY not afford Adams at his full salary and would have to pay THROUGH THE TEETH to get the Raiders to retain anything.

The Jets already have a legit #1 WR. This is why they're getting pilloried -- they have a legit #1, added another diva #1.....when the Jets haven't really addressed their major offensive need.

Meanwhile, the Bills had a GLARING hole at #1 WR.....Cooper is essentially on a vet-min deal.......and paid the same price.

Apples to f***ing kumquats.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Hopefully this means we see a lot less Hollins.
Hollins is limited, but had a good slant td catch, almost another (more Josh), and drew penalties all night on DJ Reed until he went out. He is what he is but still think he will get plenty of snaps.

I'm thinking MVS is the guy who looses out here. Invisible last night

I'm hoping Cooper stays healthy and has a similiar impact to Emmanuel Sanders had.

Also keep in mind that Samuel was hanging his shoulder last night at times in the game.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES

They did throw it away. The team is 2-4 and I count 5 more losses on their schedule as a projection. WHY throw away yet another draft pick for an ageing receiver when you have Wilson? Why do it when you are 2 games under .500 and 2.5 games out of contention for your division?

Bills clearly had a need. They're clearly ahead in the AFC East.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
SalcC:
12 targets, 8 catches last night for Bill's WR's, needed more production from wr room, deal made.

Bill's have to make a roster move to make room for Cooper

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
They did throw it away. The team is 2-4 and I count 5 more losses on their schedule as a projection. WHY throw away yet another draft pick for an ageing receiver when you have Wilson? Why do it when you are 2 games under .500 and 2.5 games out of contention for your division?

Bills clearly had a need. They're clearly ahead in the AFC East.
Yes they had a need. Throwing away a 3rd for Cooper is a waste, IMO this team is not a Super Bowl contender. Even with Cooper this offense is not scary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad