Buffalo Bills Week 8 -- Buffalo (5-2) @ Seahawks (4-3) Sunday 10/27, 4:05 pm, Fox

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
........the Bills could LITERALLY not afford Adams at his full salary and would have to pay THROUGH THE TEETH to get the Raiders to retain anything.

The Jets already have a legit #1 WR. This is why they're getting pilloried -- they have a legit #1, added another diva #1.....when the Jets haven't really addressed their major offensive need.

Meanwhile, the Bills had a GLARING hole at #1 WR.....Cooper is essentially on a vet-min deal.......and paid the same price.

Apples to f***ing kumquats.
To be fair

Jets pick could be a 2nd. I dont know thectrigger

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Yes they had a need. Throwing away a 3rd for Cooper is a waste, IMO this team is not a Super Bowl contender. Even with Cooper this offense is not scary.

Eh. I don't think any people think they are the top team in the NFL. With Cooper I'd argue they are probably top 5.

KC, Baltimore, and Detroit are probably your top 3. Houston, Buffalo, Minnesota, a healthy SF team (if that ever happens) are in the 2nd tier.

We aren't a perfect team, by any means. But...you also can't throw away a season of prime Josh Allen to rebuild. I had us at 10/11 wins before, probably 11/12 wins now. If we stay relatively healthy, we just need to root for Baltimore/KC to knock each other off and take on whatever is left.

My only concern is that Josh will try to feed Amari the ball. They need to stick to the 'everyone eats' philosophy and take advantage of the trickle down effect Cooper will have on the coverage similar to Diggs last year. I also think it'll be good for Coleman to have a vet star WR to work with and pick things up from.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yes they had a need. Throwing away a 3rd for Cooper is a waste, IMO this team is not a Super Bowl contender. Even with Cooper this offense is not scary.
I dont care as about a 3rd when they have a 1st and 2 2nds and are a deep team

They should get 2 compensatory picks in the 4th and 5th and also have Chicago's 4th along with both of their own

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I believe any offense with Allen under center is scary. Not sure how I feel giving up a 3rd rounder, though. I dont like throwing those around for players that wont be here for a couple of years, but maybe they can re-sign Cooper or get a nice comp pick if he signs elsewhere.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I believe any offense with Allen under center is scary. Not sure how I feel giving up a 3rd rounder, though. I dont like throwing those around for players that wont be here for a couple of years, but maybe they can re-sign Cooper or get a nice comp pick if he signs elsewhere.
The price was likely higher to get Cooper today than it would of been at the deadline so Beane paid the price. There could of also been competition for him and Jets certainly set the market a few hours earlier.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
IMO this team is not a Super Bowl contender. Even with Cooper this offense is not scary.
There isn't one team out there right now that I think is the clear-cut favorite to win the Super Bowl. Right now, in my opinion, there's a group of 7-10 teams that I think have a realistic shot to win the Super Bowl with another 2 or 3 one half-step behind. IMO, we are in that group of 7-10 that have an absolutely realistic shot to win the Super Bowl this year.

Once a team gets into the playoffs, if it gets hot for 3-4 games......it wins. We KNOW, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that when this team gets hot.....the only team that beats us is ourselves. Get there and let the chips fall as they may

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES

The Bills had WAY more of a need than the Jets at WR. They had WAY less cap room to work with. And they spent less than the jets on the acquisition.

Cooper going from Watson to JA17 is massive. But i'm not the type to yell SUPER BOWWWWLL! When the bills draft CJ Spiller in the 1st round, and nor will I do that here. Is Cooper the key to get them over the top? Probly not? Maybe? But this does help them a lot right now.

if you are so damn worried about a very late 3rd round pick , then for you, it's key to understand that we would also pick up another comp pick the following year if/when Cooper walks. Most likely a 4th rounder. So, I do not see what's not to like here at all. We have Minny's 2nd rounder and even other comp picks for Summer 2025 draft. More than we would most likely use.

Eh. I don't think any people think they are the top team in the NFL. With Cooper I'd argue they are probably top 5.

KC, Baltimore, and Detroit are probably your top 3. Houston, Buffalo, Minnesota, a healthy SF team (if that ever happens) are in the 2nd tier.

We aren't a perfect team, by any means. But...you also can't throw away a season of prime Josh Allen to rebuild. I had us at 10/11 wins before, probably 11/12 wins now. If we stay relatively healthy, we just need to root for Baltimore/KC to knock each other off and take on whatever is left.

My only concern is that Josh will try to feed Amari the ball. They need to stick to the 'everyone eats' philosophy and take advantage of the trickle down effect Cooper will have on the coverage similar to Diggs last year. I also think it'll be good for Coleman to have a vet star WR to work with and pick things up from.
Exactly. I could have just quoted this.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
There isn't one team out there right now that I think is the clear-cut favorite to win the Super Bowl. Right now, in my opinion, there's a group of 7-10 teams that I think have a realistic shot to win the Super Bowl with another 2 or 3 one half-step behind. IMO, we are in that group of 7-10 that have an absolutely realistic shot to win the Super Bowl this year.

Once a team gets into the playoffs, if it gets hot for 3-4 games......it wins. We KNOW, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that when this team gets hot.....the only team that beats us is ourselves. Get there and let the chips fall as they may
It's a wild sentiment to say the Bills aren't contenders. If they're not there, then theyre a slight tier below. I mean, they BARELY lost against the Texans with significant injuries and Allen playing one of his worst games as a pro, and I think most would agree Houston can win a SB this year.

Also, this team consistently plays it's best football in Dec, so unless there are more significant injuries- I dont think we've seen the best version of this team yet.

Reactions: Dingo44

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Interesting that they went with Amari, who should do wonders to help the deep game. I was more interested in short underneath separators, but this solves the problem in a different way.
Opening up the short game: you either need elite separation skills with an accurate QB (Montana, Rice, Taylor 49ers)

Or

You need outside deep speed to open up the middle and short areas (Bills with Lofton and Beebe outside).

I would’ve kept MVS and cut another position and went with 6 receivers. He can also threaten deep but just hasn’t so far.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario

Up to the 13 second season I would agree. Since they haven't been anywhere as good and IMO their coach will hold them back from ever winning anything. He's a great coach for a developing team but not one that will take you to a Super Bowl.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Mark Davis inherited the team from his dad and isn't a billionaire who bought his way into the NFL.

So, like teams like the Bengals, there isn't a blank check for the GM to do whatever he feels is best.
Every NFL team is getting North of $400m per season just in TV money alone. Thats before a single ticket, tshirt, jersey, beer, burger or balcony suite is sold. NFL teams should be literal printing presses for cash money.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Cooper will open space for Shakir, Kincaid, Coleman, and Cook. We actually have a deep ball threat that will open up the middle of the field. And we got him for very little. We just drafted 10 players. We'll have 3 picks in the top 64 next draft. 2 4ths, 2 6th's, plus the comp picks from Davis, Floyd, and as mentioned, Cooper.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
This thread seems underwhelmed by the addition of Cooper.

He wasn't my first or second choice on the market in terms of fit but it sounds like it'll just be a rental unless he hits it off with Allen. He's a good WR and should attract attention off Shakir/Coleman in particular. I just don't think he's going to be like the second coming of Diggs or anything.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
:laugh::naughty:
---

1729026646728.png

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Every NFL team is getting North of $400m per season just in TV money alone. Thats before a single ticket, tshirt, jersey, beer, burger or balcony suite is sold. NFL teams should be literal printing presses for cash money.

Just because a guy owns a team doesn't mean he's good with money.

For my hate on Pegula with the Sabres, they seem content with the Bills spending what they bring in and aren't reliant on the Bills income. For the Raiders, Spending 15M to get a slightly better draft pick likely means 15M out of his pocket directly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad