Buffalo Bills Week 3 -- Buffalo (2-0) vs Jacksonville (0-1). Monday, 9/23 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
They also ran the ball a ton last year, and Dalton Schultz will get some looks his way, too. I'm assuming Diggs ends up in Dallas with his brother after this season
... who have just signed Ceedee Lamb to a monster extension....

Diggs will need to learn to be a team first player sooner than later. Maybe he's happy to do that in Houston or Dallas but for some reason he wasn't prepared to do it in Buffalo?

He was and likely still is a great player but either way we don't need to worry about him any more. He's no longer a key to this team's success.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Plus Tank Dell, who will command a decent target share.
Here are the 2023 Snap% for the Texans top 5 WRs:

Collins - 59%
Woods - 59%
Dell - 44%
Brown - 41%
Metchie - 27%

Diggs is used to getting a lot more snaps and targets than the Texans gave to any of their WRs last year. It was an "everyone eats" approach. And Diggs wants to eat a lot.

:popcorn:

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Here are the 2023 Snap% for the Texans top 5 WRs:

Collins - 59%
Woods - 59%
Dell - 44%
Brown - 41%
Metchie - 27%

Diggs is used to getting a lot more snaps and targets than the Texans gave to any of their WRs last year. It was an "everyone eats" approach. And Diggs wants to eat a lot.

:popcorn:
How much did injury play into that though? I think Collins, Woods and Dell all spent some time injured.....if memory serves.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
How much did injury play into that though? I think Collins, Woods and Dell all spent some time injured.....if memory serves.
All five of them missed games last year.

But, it will be really hard to predict who will be healthy and who won't be this year.

They kept 7 WRs to start the season to the Bills 5 WRs last season, too.

Screenshot 2024-09-04 101519.jpg

They have a lot of WRs to feed no matter how you slice it.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Because my draft nerdiness know no bounds:

NFL Draft Buzz simulator:

1: Jack Sawyer DE Ohio State
2: Dontay Corleone DT Cincinnati
2: Emery Jones OT LSU
3: Nazir Stackhouse DT Georgia
4: Malachi Moore S Alabama
4: Wyatt Milum OT West Virginia
4: Smael Mondon LB Georgia
5: Bryce Foster C Kansas
6: Tony Grimes CB UNLV

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Because my draft nerdiness know no bounds:

NFL Draft Buzz simulator:

1: Jack Sawyer DE Ohio State
2: Dontay Corleone DT Cincinnati
2: Emery Jones OT LSU
3: Nazir Stackhouse DT Georgia
4: Malachi Moore S Alabama
4: Wyatt Milum OT West Virginia
4: Smael Mondon LB Georgia
5: Bryce Foster C Kansas
6: Tony Grimes CB UNLV

Let's see how the season plays out....but right now, my instinct is to say: I would HATE HATE HATE spending our top 2 picks and 3 of our top 4 on the D-line.

And again right now -- my instinct is to say that we might be looking at CB with our 1st pick, or certainly with one of our 1st 3. Douglas is a FA after the season, and Benford is FA after 2025 (as is Elam, for that matter).

And while I'm more optimistic than some/most regarding our WR room, there's most certainly the possibility that we're going to need to add another high-talent WR next year.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Little surprised no Von and Mack (C) and there was no one from S/T named. Does show how many vets they lost this year.

Hamlin is a little surprising, but has earned it. And they have Edwards ready if needed.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Let's see how the season plays out....but right now, my instinct is to say: I would HATE HATE HATE spending our top 2 picks and 3 of our top 4 on the D-line.

And again right now -- my instinct is to say that we might be looking at CB with our 1st pick, or certainly with one of our 1st 3. Douglas is a FA after the season, and Benford is FA after 2025 (as is Elam, for that matter).

And while I'm more optimistic than some/most regarding our WR room, there's most certainly the possibility that we're going to need to add another high-talent WR next year.
It's way too early for draft talk... But at this point it's surely OL all the way?

How much will they miss Morse? Is McGovern a C? Is Edwards a full time starter? Can Brown stay healthy & prove last year wasn't a fluke? Will he get extended? Dawkins is the wrong side of 30, will he start to decline? Will they rely om the run game more than in years past? Will Allen be as bullet proof as he has been thus far & will they need to better protect him in future?

More questions there than the rest of the squad put together imo ...

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
It's way too early for draft talk... But at this point it's surely OL all the way?

How much will they miss Morse? Is McGovern a C? Is Edwards a full time starter? Can Brown stay healthy & prove last year wasn't a fluke? Will he get extended? Dawkins is the wrong side of 30, will he start to decline? Will they rely om the run game more than in years past? Will Allen be as bullet proof as he has been thus far & will they need to better protect him in future?

I looked at our OL depth chart yesterday and it was a little bit scary, I know they like Anderson (swing guard and backup C) and Van Demark (backup LT) but still. They are carrying developmental RT Tackle (Grable), and Van Pran-Granger (C). They also have some guys on the PS that could be elevated (Gouriage, Clapp, Edwards). Seems to me a vet tackle might still being looked at if one pops up.

Last edited:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE spending all those picks on both lines. That

It's never too early for draft talk.
I looked at our OL depth chart yesterday and it was a little bit scary, I know they like Anderson (swing guard and backup C) and Demark (backup LT) but still. They are carrying developmental RT Tackle (Grable), and Van Pran-Granger (C). They also have some guys on the PS that could be elevated (Gouriage, Clapp, Edwards). Seems to me a vet tackle might still being looked at if one pops up.
Offensive line depth and futures is a bit scary. NT/1DT is even more scary. Jones goes down and then it's Johnson, and that's basically it.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Yeah, it's WAY too early for draft talk. There's a whole season of NCAA football to be played. We have no idea where we're going to be drafting (realistically could be anywhere from something like 14th to 32nd)

Talking draft in September is what fans of bad franchises do who know (and in some cases hope) they'll be drafting near the top. I'll leave my editorializing of what I think of those fans hoping for losses in September to your imagination :laugh:

I get sick of the draft talk even when there's no football to discuss, you can imagine how sick of it I get when there is lol.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Hamlin is a little surprising, but has earned it. And they have Edwards ready if needed.
Hamlin shouldn't be surprising.

He played over 80% of the defensive snaps in 2022, he has been the guy that has practiced next to Rapp the most all summer and throughout camp, and he far and away has the most time on task in this defense in the safety room.

Edwards and Bishop have missed way too much time to overcome that advantage that Damar has.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Well, didn't quite get the pre-season they wanted, health wise, but nice to see the injury report so short heading into the season.

Let's just hope they don't come out sluggish and slow because home to Arizona is as close to a "must-win" a week 1 game gets. Home to New England might be the only easier game on the entire schedule. Arizona's offense isn't awful with Murray but their defense very well could be so they can't come out and stall out against them.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
NBC‘s NFL Kickoff Eve
Kyle Brandt, Jamie Erdahl, Akbar Gbajabiamila, and Peter Schrager host a special live from SoFi Stadium starting at 9 p.m. ET tonight, NBC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad