Buffalo Bills Week 3 -- Buffalo (2-0) vs Jacksonville (0-1). Monday, 9/23 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN (CBS Channel 4 in Buffalo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Best I have heard is Robert Woods which I would be happy with.
Read Diggs’ scouting report out of Maryland and then Shakir’s out of BSU.
Likely , after some epic gaffes puppeting ( not worse than teacher stefon in my avatar pic) as learns buffalo is difficult if u aren't completely focused.

Learned alot from a great route deceiver in Diggs over 2 years as stefon also trained young corners.

People are trying to quantify our man of the blue field that racked up three seasons at boise 1100 , 700 and 800 rounded down as their likely number one and if anyone wasn't as lazy they could pull the games against pro corners as a one or two.

Below are 4 playoff games Niffle/wwe which i would equate as a bottom. So 16 games is 668 and his college high w a lesser quarterback if healthy for 17 is over 1000. Dont panic, mr Adams best advise on a book. Beane isnt insane. Similar for Kincaid.

The question is. Can cook be thurman thomas and can samuel and hollins be reliable when teams bracket khalil and Kincaid , and punch Cook ( who impressively learned to consistently break tackles) in the mouth ? If Samuel is as reliable as he looked against us. Team harmony awaits. If not.

Josh rushes for a thousand , the amazing story rayhm davis is made into frisco release movie and cook learns to find space and gets 2000 total yards. If Josh baits the league into being a decoy running for 500 inthe first 8 in a 4 and 4 or 6 and 2 start. W healthy young guys learning thr d of mr all pro engineering d, i can't imagine watching will be boring even if we ( pronouns are tells) start 4 n 4 . Oh the gnashing of teeth as i go online to be thankful for online links I'm also too lazy to look for.

YearTeamGamesReceivingFumbles
GPGSRecYdsY/RLngTDFumLost
Career421516611.131200
2022BUF2059118.231000
2023BUF2210757.517200
The key is making space, not plays. The Bills’ K Gun was so successful because Lofton and Beebe pulled coverage deep and McKeller was a speed TE in the middle of the field. It left a lot of space for Reed and Thomas to operate in.

The key operators in the Bills current offense look like Kincaid, Shakir, and Cook, with Coleman hopefully joining them. I think a key for the team will be adding receivers who can threaten vertically with speed.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Read Diggs’ scouting report out of Maryland and then Shakir’s out of BSU.

The key is making space, not plays. The Bills’ K Gun was so successful because Lofton and Beebe pulled coverage deep and McKeller was a speed TE in the middle of the field. It left a lot of space for Reed and Thomas to operate in.

The key operators in the Bills current offense look like Kincaid, Shakir, and Cook, with Coleman hopefully joining them. I think a key for the team will be adding receivers who can threaten vertically with speed.
Agree ,one on one space and world class speed may be limited according to the speculation we're hearing, til the trade deadline so it will be interesting to see them prove everyone wrong, shakir, and see them scheming up space alternating deep threats and stretching the d / safeties w ability or deception, picks etc in key moments.

Unrelated.. someone posted bubba smith so I'm reminded this is the second time buffalo has had extreme talent and desire to win at qb. Despite outside. Aka Hialeah etc

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
McDermott is going to need to earn his paycheck this year. I’m not feeling great about safeties, linebackers, CB depth, or DE pass rush production.

I’m feeling great about the offense. Biggest worry there for me is shuffle on the o-line, but I think Allen will have an MVP season spreading the football around.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I loved diggs when he was here….really not going to miss the constant tweeting and innuendo though.

He effectively blames Joe Brady for his end of season swoon (doesn’t say it, but heavily implies it)
“The games looked a lot different,” he says. “You can blame me. I don’t mind blaming me. I got big-ass shoulders. But pay attention, pay real close attention. Watch the game. Of course there’s plenty of plays I want back. But there’s a lot of plays that didn’t go my way. I need a lot of things to go right to get the ball…. You can't roll out of bed and get 800 yards in the first eight games. Your best receiver’s doing that. You tell me about the last 10. What changed? Were there changes going on? I just pay attention to what really happened and not what people try to act like happened. Like, for the last 10 games, I forgot how to f***ing play football?”

The reality is the offense stopped revolving around him and he got pissed. I remember clearly him pulling himself out on 3rd downs.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I don't really need to, If Shakir puts up anything like Diggs numbers or stays longterm healthy no one more than me will be presently surprised. He is not a WR1 imo, but a good wr2/3 candidate much like Woods was.
If Diggs eventual career was reflected in his scouting report, he'd have been drafted much higher than he was.

I'm with you - Shakir doesn't need to be Diggs. Nobody does. The team will be better as a whole for it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I loved diggs when he was here….really not going to miss the constant tweeting and innuendo though.

He effectively blames Joe Brady for his end of season swoon (doesn’t say it, but heavily implies it)

The reality is the offense stopped revolving around him and he got pissed. I remember clearly him pulling himself out on 3rd downs.
Meh. Whatever. The only change that mattered to me in those last 10 weeks is they won a lot more football games.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

It makes sense. The new OC determined the best way to proceed forward was to run the ball and throw to whoever got open. So the Bills stopped trying to feed Diggs the ball, or at least reduced it dramatically. And the offense got better for it.

In a way, both Brady and Diggs are correct. I don't think Diggs' play dropped off from his personal performance. I think Brady went to an offense which takes what the defense gives it, which is heavily rooted in his Sean Payton and west coast background. The offense improved but Diggs' output declined as a result. Seems pretty straightforward.

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
In a way, both Brady and Diggs are correct. I don't think Diggs' play dropped off from his personal performance. I think Brady went to an offense which takes what the defense gives it, which is heavily rooted in his Sean Payton and west coach background. The offense improved but Diggs' output declined as a result. Seems pretty straightforward.

Yep. This all day.

I have zero doubt that Diggs was getting open consistently. But I think it was also the case that Josh was told/coached to get rid of the ball quickly to his first read if possible, and Diggs wasn't the 1st read as often under Brady. Which is also why I'm not all that worried about our WR room. Shakir/Kincaid/Samuel should be able to get open quickly, and Coleman could be the type of WR that's open even if he's covered.

We might not have the name recognition (now), but the biggest offensive issue in my opinion is how McGovern takes to center/how Edwards takes to being a full-time starter.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
It makes sense. The new OC determined the best way to proceed forward was to run the ball and throw to whoever got open. So the Bills stopped trying to feed Diggs the ball, or at least reduced it dramatically. And the offense got better for it.

In a way, both Brady and Diggs are correct. I don't think Diggs' play dropped off from his personal performance. I think Brady went to an offense which takes what the defense gives it, which is heavily rooted in his Sean Payton and west coach background. The offense improved but Diggs' output declined as a result. Seems pretty straightforward.
I think it did in one demonstrable way, deep speed. His success rate on down the field route concepts was very bad last year. He was still capable of being a target hog and getting open underneath, but the efficiency of feeding Diggs went down hard as his ADOT dropped significantly.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I think it did in one demonstrable way, deep speed. His success rate on down the field route concepts was very bad last year. He was still capable of being a target hog and getting open underneath, but the efficiency of feeding Diggs went down hard as his ADOT dropped significantly.
Agree. I think it would've been interesting to see Diggs operate as the slot receiver, with a X and Z receivers who could stretch the field. He might get that in Houston.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

ANDY Major talks new game day items for Bills fans to take note of for 2024 season in Orchard Park (No game day cash/card day parking in Bills lots)​

COOL FALL WEATHER this weekend.
Screen Shot 2024-09-04 at 3.39.43 AM.png

1725445166496.png

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Here is why I think it will be really interesting to see how long the Diggs honeymoon in Houston lasts.

In 2023, Nico Collins was WR1 for the Texans and led the team with 19.3% Target% and was in on 59% of offensive snaps.

Diggs in Buffalo in 2023 got 29.4% Tgt% & 82% Snaps% and in 2022 it was 28.0% Tgt% & 77% Snap%.

Will he be happy if his Tgt% & Snap% is a lot lower in Houston than in Buffalo?

Reactions: kirby11

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Here is why I think it will be really interesting to see how long the Diggs honeymoon in Houston lasts.

In 2023, Nico Collins was WR1 for the Texans and led the team with 19.3% Target% and was in on 59% of offensive snaps.

Diggs in Buffalo in 2023 got 29.4% Tgt% & 82% Snaps% and in 2022 it was 28.0% Tgt% & 77% Snap%.

Will he be happy if his Tgt% & Snap% is a lot lower in Houston than in Buffalo?
Plus Tank Dell, who will command a decent target share.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad