Post-Game Talk: We lost :( and now Vector is mad at me

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Some wild takes here.

It's October. October hockey is mostly bullshit. A lot of mediocre teams come flying out of the gate and are irrelevant by Christmas. A lot of really good teams get off to slow starts every year and we're seeing that around the league right now.

In October 2010 we won 2 of 7 games, our 4th line was basically unplayable and Luongo looked like an average goalie.

Right now a lot of players individually look somewhere between average and poor because our systems play isn't good. We have every reason to believe that Tocchet and Foote will correct that.

Our D is trash outside of Hughes and Hronek as we knew it would be. It will look less trash if we can get back to being structurally sound like we were last year but it won't be good until we add a top-4 defenseman, which I'm sure we will. Allvin and Rutherford aren't dumb and there's no chance they're going into the playoffs without significantly upgrading this D corps.

That said, I hope the coaching staff has seen enough of Juulsen for a while. Forbort is very limited but he's looked better the last 2 games and is clearly being dragged down by Juulsen on that pairing. There's literally no chance that Desharnais or Friedman would be worse at this point.
Nah nice try but I'll stick to overreacting and calling for heads.

Reactions: Leif Rohlin

iRageWin

Aug 7, 2014
The good news is that the games haven't been blowouts even if 90% of the team is playing like trash. The bad news is the entire team is playing like trash outside of a couple players. Either the coaches or the leadership group need to keep the team accountable and make players play like we know they can

Reactions: mossey3535

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
We could have easily won both Silovs games with a couple of more saves. First two goals tonight were brutal, that puts us into OT at 1-1 if he can stop those.

Not too worried about the team at this point in the season because it's so early. However, I don't think it's invalid to look at the trends and hope to see mistakes being corrected as the season wears on.

Same thing with NFL, vets just don't get all that many reps in preseason so in some ways they are taking the first 5 games just to get into it.

Lankinen really needs to start games with at LEAST a 2-to-1 ratio over Silovs. That's basically what he should have had as Demko's backup.

I was hoping the extended time from the Friday game would give him reps with the goalie coach but I beginning to think that with the quickness of the game, the NHL isn't the place to work on these issues.

Last edited:

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
^ I'm a big Silovs guy, I thought he played...alright....tonight.

Still doesn't change how shocked I am they didn't go with Lankinen. Keep in mind I am completely ignorant to if they play tomorrow in like Sunrise or something. Ya nah, I'd have played Lankinen both FL games and Silovs the Philly game to give them a different look.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
We could have easily won both Silovs games with a couple of more saves. First two goals tonight were brutal, that puts us into OT at 1-1 if he can stop those.

Not too worried about the team at this point in the season because it's so early. However, I don't think it's invalid to look at the trends and hope to see mistakes being corrected as the season wears on.

Same thing with NFL, vets just don't get all that many reps in preseason so in some ways they are taking the first 5 games just to get into it.

Lankinen really needs to start games with at LEAST a 2-to-1 ratio over Silovs. That's basically what he should have had as Demko's backup.

I was hoping the extended time from the Friday game would give him reps with the goalie coach but I beginning to think that with the quickness of the game, the NHL isn't the place to work on these issues.
Not sure how you can possibly blame Silovs for tonight's result. Without him in the first period, this sad-sack group is probably down three or four nothing. The rink was tilted.

Besides, if you only score one goal, you can hardly expect your netminder to have to pitch a shutout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad