Post-Game Talk: We don't need no stinkin' heroes - the whole team is made of Game 7 heroes.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Thank God I got a few icy cold beers in me, and another few lined up on the desk because it's washing down this massive plate of Crow I'm eating regarding Asham.

Him getting us on the board first tonight was huge. It was anyone's game at that point - and almost the Capitals actually.

I was never a fan of this acquisition - and never liked him.

Does sriracha sauce go well with Crow?

varanger94

Jan 11, 2011
Listen to what this piece of crap Fehr said in an interview with the NHL network. He said that you gotta give credit to them for playing their system and getting away with holding and grabbing the whole series. Talk about saw losers. My God, talk about hypocrisy.
Fehr and Brouwer through more elbows and cheap shots after plays than the whole team conbined, Erskine broke an NHL record for crosschecks.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Originally Posted by Callagraves
Wouldn't it be great if Holtby had a Fleury-like melt-down, and we could relax for the past 10 minutes of the game?

That'd be real nice.

I posted this in the first few pages of the GDT.

You're all very, very welcome.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Really happy for Hank...he wanted it so bad, got the shutout, and he was able to relax a bit for once with the offense showing up.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
So glad I drove out to my dad's house to watch the game with the guy who raised me as a New York Rangers fan deep in Black and Orange territory. Unbelievable effort all around. You could just feel that the Rangers would drop back after going up 3-0... but for once they kept pressing and completely demoralized the Capitals. The King is building a legacy for the ages, and he might have just sealed his second straight Vezina.

Right before the game I turned to my dad and said, "Wouldn't it be nice just for once to see them up 4-1 in the 3rd or something", to which he said, "You know there is no way that is going to happen". He was right, it was 5-0!!!

I can't stress enough how big that finish by Callahan on Holtby was. You know the Capitals were going to try and come out flying in the 3rd and make a press to get the score to 3-1, and then anything can happen. Callahan's goal completely killed the crowd, the Caps, and it was all a formality from there on.

STARS
* - King Henrik
** - Brass-GOD!
*** - The Captain

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Boston doesn't play around, remember 2011? the Flyers were up 3-0 in the series, Boston comes back and wins the series in 7, 4-3.

Boston swept Philly in 2011. In 2010, Boston had a 3-0 series lead on them and then a 3-0 lead in game 7, but then lost anyway.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I think moving Richards down to the 4th line not only lit a fire in his pants, but actually made for an effective line... Kreider needs the Hockey IQ of him on the ice, and Asham needs the feeder/playmaking ability of him to make plays...

Heres to Torts NOT changing that line

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Boston will be tough, but I think the Rangers will be able to squeak out a series win in a long tight 6-7 game series

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
I think moving Richards down to the 4th line not only lit a fire in his pants, but actually made for an effective line... Kreider needs the Hockey IQ of him on the ice, and Asham needs the feeder/playmaking ability of him to make plays...

Heres to Torts NOT changing that line

Great. 12 million $ 4th liner.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I think gaborik makes approx what those three combined do. When you factor in the realistic expectation that moores' game continues it's impressive growth curve this trade looks great. Having seen Moore since he's been here I'd have traded him straight up for gabby given His salary and poor play. Moore and McDonough will both be on Olympic team in four yrs. Brassard is simply improving every game so I hope it continues and dorsett takes the body well and solid forechecker. This trade was as good for us as we could have ever expected. It's starting to look criminal.

I hope gabby rounds back into form so that the jackets fare well with this trade also.

To be honest, it is seemingly "Criminal" for us because we needed those players...

On the CBJ, these exact players couldn't do ****, because they don't fit that team.. they NEED a Gabby to pot 40 a year in his ninja-style play... They don't have a superstar. they need the recognition and game-changing player. Gabby is the most universal fit

And lets be honest, CBJ should have made the ****ing playoffs. I HATE the wild so much now just for that

Back on Topic, these guys have been absolutely outstanding. We have a solid team. I'm hoping Torts continues to "Relax" and "Let the guys enjoy the game"... it seems when we do that, we win

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
People should stop worrying about where our $12M guy is playing and start worrying about where Brad Richards is in his progress as a whole. *****ing about $12M being here and there and this many goals for this many millions is kind of like smearing crap on your overcooked breakfast so you can really ***** about it instead of dealing with it. Besides, he's not putting $12M on the cap so mentioning the $12M is just a slight to Richards.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Well, I already did it earlier in the season, might as well do it again:

tabasco-red.jpg

+

crow.jpg

God bless you, Rangers. My golden champions!

*Whimpers*

You guys deserve this:

*Bob Richards*

People should stop worrying about where our $12M guy is playing and start worrying about where Brad Richards is in his progress as a whole. *****ing about $12M being here and there and this many goals for this many millions is kind of like smearing crap on your overcooked breakfast so you can really ***** about it instead of dealing with it. Besides, he's not putting $12M on the cap so mentioning the $12M is just a slight to Richards.

Well, where he is playing is pretty related to his progress as a whole which in this case, isn't progress at all.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I was hoping their frustration with the reffing yesterday would carry over. Awesome.

yeah, they're still complaining about that. interesting no comments on the Ovie boarding no call. any regular season game and that's a 5 minute major. tonight it's legal. sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Well, good series win... and you can thank the league for that. :sarcasm:

(or so I've been told by Ovechkin).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad