Post-Game Talk: We don't need no stinkin' heroes - the whole team is made of Game 7 heroes.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
"Can Nick Backstrom, center for the Washington Capitals score a goal for the Washington Capitals?"

Of Course he can't.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Amazing. After we were down 2-0 I thought we had no shot and would lose it in 5. I am so ****ing glad I was wrong.

I agree totally. I would like to commend all the posters who kept up the positive attitude despite what looked like an overwhelming capitals team poised to demolish the rangers. Hats off to you all!

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Brassy, Dorsett, Moore trade now GOAT trade.

Even if all these guys suck next year, we won a friggin' playoff series with big contributions from all of them.

I think gaborik makes approx what those three combined do. When you factor in the realistic expectation that moores' game continues it's impressive growth curve this trade looks great. Having seen Moore since he's been here I'd have traded him straight up for gabby given His salary and poor play. Moore and McDonough will both be on Olympic team in four yrs. Brassard is simply improving every game so I hope it continues and dorsett takes the body well and solid forechecker. This trade was as good for us as we could have ever expected. It's starting to look criminal.

I hope gabby rounds back into form so that the jackets fare well with this trade also.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Hank made a great save on Carlson about 3 minutes into the game, a goal would have given the Caps momentum for the rest of the game.

3 stars for me:
1) Hank
2) Brassgod
3) Eminger

HM: Asham, Callahan

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I think gaborik makes approx what those three combined do. When you factor in the realistic expectation that moores' game continues it's impressive growth curve this trade looks great. Having seen Moore since he's been here I'd have traded him straight up for gabby given His salary and poor play. Moore and McDonough will both be on Olympic team in four yrs. Brassard is simply improving every game so I hope it continues and dorsett takes the body well and solid forechecker. This trade was as good for us as we could have ever expected. It's starting to look criminal.

I hope gabby rounds back into form so that the jackets fare well with this trade also.

With J.D. there for guidance, they will turn the corner soon!

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Grats Rangers fans. You played exceptionally well tonight and it was hard for a Caps fan to watch :< I've always had a soft spot for the Rangers and will continue to root for you in the east after this. When Lundqvist plays like this you can certainly win the Cup.. but seriously what is up with Nash? He looks.. decent. At best. If he's injured he should sit a game because really, he didnt provide much this series

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Can't decide on my favorite play of the game...Asham/Brett Hull, Callahan owning Erskine then a gorgeous goal on Lolby, Brassard sauce to Zucc dirty deke...

Not a play, but seeing Hank actually happy in a post game interview is...really nice.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Boston doesn't play around, remember 2011? the Flyers were up 3-0 in the series, Boston comes back and wins the series in 7, 4-3.

Earlier in the year, Boston comes back down 3 against us, we barely squeaked by in the shootout, that was the game where Nash had the monster assist to Hagelin, and the SO move.

Now they come back down 4-1 in the third in game 7 against the Leafs. This is a veteran team that has one of the best coaches and systems in the game.

The good part is we play very well against Boston, as they do not have the best transition game, and also are not a speedy team like TML, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Washington.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad