Post-Game Talk: We don't need no stinkin' heroes - the whole team is made of Game 7 heroes.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
8xvc53.jpg

lol he knew it was over

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Well, where he is playing is pretty related to his progress as a whole which in this case, isn't progress at all.

playing on the fourth line helps him though. Gauranteed best Rangers forward on the ice except for Kreider and Asham.

rangers5000

Apr 30, 2012
Ovechkin blaming the refs

“The refereeing... You understand it yourself. How can there be no penalties at all (on one team) during the playoffs?
“I am not saying there was a phone call from (the league), but someone just wanted Game 7. For the ratings. You know, the lockout, escrow, the League needs to make profit... I don't know whether the refs were predisposed against us or the League. But to not give obvious penalties (against the Capitals), while for us any little thing was immediately penalized...â€

Just when I thought ovy would finally grow up his true character shows up, same ovy

Blames everybody but himself

Cake or Death

I'm sure he's frustrated and upset from just having been eliminated, but he sure didn't seem to mind the non-call when he drove McDonagh's face into the boards.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Anyone got MSG highlights so the poor souls who are stuck with Doc "Derrrrriiiiiivvvveeee" Emerick can hear a real call?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
i remember quite a few bs calls the other way. how about the no delay of game call? we could list as many as they can.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
This is why the Caps have no killer instinct, attitude like that from their captain resonates through the dressing room. The guy was playing like a pissed off 13 year old, throwing borderline hits and playing like an *******, then he goes to the bench and sulks with his head in his hands.

Cake or Death

The more I think about this the more I laugh. Greene should've gotten a 5 and a suspension. There were some missed calls both ways in the series, but the Caps are not too disciplined and have no one but themselves to blame for that. But if he's crying now, he's gonna be really upset from here out when his team no longer makes the playoffs because the SE free ride is gone. Losing record outside their division this season and 4-9-2 against Atlantic teams. Not impressive.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Went to the "Quick vs. Lundqvist" pissing thread and read exactly that. I haven't been around long enough to know but I swear some of the Rangers fans that go there only ever hang out in the main boards arena and piss on every thread with their radical and defensive opinion.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
on a game related note, I've noticed that players who are truly sincere in their interviews when they talk about digging deep, heads down and working hard without worrying about consequences and just going out there to do everything to win a game are the ones that are most immune to "disappearing acts" or simply not actually delivering. The differences in sincerity and where those "character statements" during interviews come from really carries throughout a players' consistency on ice from game to game.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Such a classy act
Come over here to Sweden and play the worlds now and my cousins little angry dog will have a nice pillar to squirt on when needing some relief...

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
meh, not that harsh of a statement. We would be blaming the refs if the situation was reversed. As a player, you want to say less of that stuff and just deliver to avoid being called a whiner or whatever but sometimes it's not the worst to voice your opinion on these things when you feel you're in the right. Because he kept it until after the series ended, I really don't mind it at all. It's a personal choice on his part and I'm sure he understands how he's being perceived because of his statements. It was a remark and a remark only. Torts make stupid remarks all the time. It's not as if he's trying to attack the refs and carry through a series of motions to get his revenge on the matter. No biggie. Move on.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
on a game related note, I've noticed that players who are truly sincere in their interviews when they talk about digging deep, heads down and working hard without worrying about consequences and just going out there to do everything to win a game are the ones that are most immune to "disappearing acts" or simply not actually delivering. The differences in sincerity and where those "character statements" during interviews come from really carries throughout a players' consistency on ice from game to game.

Great point.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
This might have been posted before, but I don't have time to read through the whole thread. The whole move was a nasty icing on the cake of last nights game, and almost a little cruel at that point. Almost.

Matt Joesphs twitter, @BlueLineStation:
Zuccarello's a magician. One wave of his stick made 10,000+ people disappear.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
Wow, what a great win. I am at a loss for words, I did not think they would be able to win a game 7 in DC. It's really great though because it would have been a rough summer down here in Caps land if the Caps had won.

On a side note I am glad some of you got to see how some of the caps fans act and what those of us who live here have to put up with when they beat the rangers. Now that they beat the caps I am a whole lot less stressed about the rest of the playoffs and can enjoy the games a whole lot more now.

This might have been posted before, but I don't have time to read through the whole thread. The whole move was a nasty icing on the cake of last nights game, and almost a little cruel at that point. Almost.

Matt Joesphs twitter, @BlueLineStation:

lmao, that is awesome

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad