OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I sometimes get caught between dreaming and wakefulness and it used to be a bit scary. I am way better than I used to be, my husband is very grateful for that. I believe it is called parasomnia.

One night I "woke" and saw a big gun on a tripod in our hallway, pointing at our bed. I was terrified, convinced it was real and that if we moved a trip wire would set it off. I woke hubby up and said "there's a gun, you have to roll out of bed onto the floor and crawl to it to turn it off". He was half asleep and actually rolled out of bed onto the floor. At that point, I woke up fully and said "oh, never mind". LOL! That is just one instance.

Had a dream recently I was holding my son and surrounded by family. Maybe one day

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Pay attention to your dreams, dear ones. They open the door to what truly brings you joy. and they join the fragments that create a whole in your healing :)

Reactions: caz16 and Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I sometimes get caught between dreaming and wakefulness and it used to be a bit scary. I am way better than I used to be, my husband is very grateful for that. I believe it is called parasomnia.

One night I "woke" and saw a big gun on a tripod in our hallway, pointing at our bed. I was terrified, convinced it was real and that if we moved a trip wire would set it off. I woke hubby up and said "there's a gun, you have to roll out of bed onto the floor and crawl to it to turn it off". He was half asleep and actually rolled out of bed onto the floor. At that point, I woke up fully and said "oh, never mind". LOL! That is just one instance.

THERE'S A WORD FOR THIS?!

This happens to me often o_O

• Wow
Reactions: caz16

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
theta waves friend...theta waves

I used to keep a dream journal. That was a long time ago.

My relationship to the dream state has been, for some time, less than helpful.

Haven't had any in a while, but have possibly experienced OOBs.

Lucid dreams, too.

I dream in color.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Slept in a bit this cloudy Saturday morning.

Does anyone else experience the “last dream” thing? Only really happens on days where I don’t have to get up early for work.

Got up at about 6:30 to relieve myself and then went back to bed and had very vivid (totally nonsensical) dreams. I can remember these dreams better than ones earlier in the night and they always seem to leave me feeling good once I wake up even if it’s a weird subject matter(s).

The same thing happens on the rare occasion I take a nap in the middle of the day. I can always remember the dreams very accurately and can place people and setting better than any other dream late at night. It’s pretty cool.

….just in case anyone thought hockey season had started.

Yes this happens to me quite often too. I think as you alluded to it may be linked to the mind being more self-aware that it's in a dream state, and therefore better able to focus on and recall the details of what's going on in your subconscious. You're also less tired when you begin a morning sleep or even an afternoon nap as opposed to your regular evening bed time, so your brain is better able to get into creative mode. I'm sure there's some science that can explain it more technically, but that's how I see it anyway.

Those morning 'sleep in' sleeps are rare these days but they're the best.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1694936517539.png

Reactions: Alicat

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@Aussie Bruin - Quite the story

Very much so. Similar to the story you related here the other day that you had a personal connection to (sorry to hear that BTW, must be a very tough situation) in that bringing the person responsible to court largely relied on their own much-delayed confession. Main difference here was that the police sought him out rather than the other way around.

Homophobia was rampant in Australia not so long ago just as it was in many other places. But Sydney in the 1970s and 80s was next level and all sorts of atrocities were committed. Why it was so virulent in that city in particular I have no idea.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Went for a night swim last night around 10. Watched a few Suits episodes from the pool. (sorry crappy photo)

It was freezing and I had to get out

Attachments

• PXL_20230917_041452139~2.jpg
    PXL_20230917_041452139~2.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Wow
Reactions: eightspokedb

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I rearranged my office space and I wish I had done it a lot sooner.

I definitely know how I want to set up my home office once I get my new apartment next year.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sir Louie James in all his glory, sunbathing on the porch. He just got groomed so he looking mighty adorable. We love our mobile groomer. Comes to the house. Parks outside. Then rings the bell when done. The dogs are less stressed out. If you can use one, I highly recommend. We love ours!

20230917_140611.jpg

20230917_135246.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad